PDA

View Full Version : why was Whidden re-elected

11-09-2012, 01:56 AM
Why was Whidden re-elected. Listening to everyone on this site, he sounds like the Anti-Christ. Is he really that bad if he won that strong? I met him once at the park when he was playing music. Seemed like an ok guy, but I have never heard anyone say anything but positive about him. Please explain.

11-09-2012, 02:05 AM
One big reason was Whidden's backing by US Sugar and its affiliates who pumped in an excess of $75,000 into his campaign either directly or through a PAC fund out of Tallahassee. Competing against that amount of money is very difficult!

While US Sugar took a very vocal and strong stance against the Property Appraiser, their support of Whidden was far more subtle and he didn't suffer the Anti-Sugar backlash that other candidates did.

11-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Is that hearsay? If you know this, why doesn't everyone know?

11-09-2012, 02:36 AM
Look it up on the State Division of Elections Website.

The "Keep Hendry Safe" ECO, which spent over $50,000 on Whidden's campaign has the identical address, chairperson and principals as the "Hendry Coalition for Fair Taxes" which is the ECO funded by US Sugar that backed the Kulpa Campaign.

In addition, Whidden's campaign finance records (available from the Supervisor of Elections Office) reveal that US Sugar and its subsidies, growers and many employees gave direct donations totalling over $25,000.

Not hearsay in the least, 100% verifiable for anyone willing to check it out.

I'm not saying that's the only reason he won, but it certainly is a major factor.

11-09-2012, 03:14 AM
I checked on it. I found the corporations you spoke of but nothing connecting Whidden to them. Even if they did, I have a hard time beleiving that it would cause him to win the election by almost 70% especially if it was connected to the negative Kulpa campaign. I don't know, I think if people like you, they're going to vote for you. I will be honest, I voted for Whidden for a few reasons. First, I have never heard anything but positive about him (except on this site). Second, reading his literature, I thought he has done well for the county with budgeting and new programs he has started. I also like the fact that he brought the jail population down. Whidden's opponent looked good also. He seemed to be well educated and well spoken. The only issue I had with him was his lack of experience. I also did not care for his opponents negative flyers he sent out but I had already voted anyway.

11-09-2012, 03:31 AM
How much was Whidden's total contribution?

11-09-2012, 05:15 PM
he was re elected because the other guy didnt do a darn thing to get elected

pretty basic stuff guys
I never saw the other candidate ever!
If you run for office you may want to shake a few hands. I'm a registered republican voter, as he was running on the Republican ticket, you would think he would at least visit me. Nope couldn't bother, and he got what he got.

as for US Sugar if they had such an investment and I don't know or care if they did, why was it run so much different than the Kulpa negative attack ad campaign? All I saw were a bunch of signs and his dad all over town talking to anybody who would listen. Again, I can only judge by what I see, and I never met the other guy. So, now he gets to go apply for a job someplace else.

11-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Wrong, the other guy had retired from Palm Beach County before he ran so he doesn't need to apply anywhere. In fact, I googled his pay at Palm Beach and had he been elected, it would have been a pay cut.

11-09-2012, 07:29 PM
A major paycut.

11-09-2012, 08:42 PM
posted by KQ4YM | 6:26 AM | 0 comments

Monday, July 09, 2012

What's A Hendry Sheriff Candidate Worth?

Six Sheriff Candidates Report Assets And Income - Wildly Varied

LABELLE, FL. -- According to documents filed with the Hendry Elections Office, the six candidates running for the office of Hendry County Sheriff have net assets ranging wildly from as low as -$64,051 to $235,009. Yearly incomes also vary greatly, as low as $2,800 and as high as $187,735 among the six men vying for the office of Hendry Sheriff.

Eliberto Carmona, 59 indicates his net worth is $92,870 with an income of $2,800 from the Florida Retirement System.

Mark R. Chamberlain, 47 has a net worth of $26,454 and a reported income of $187,735 from the Palm Beach Sheriff's Office where he has worked since 1985.

Raymond A. Van Houten, 50 has a net worth of $1,601 and an income of $64,656 from the Lee County Sheriff's Office and Edison State College. He's worked in Lee County since 2005.

Matthew A. Beatty, 46 has a reported net worth of $96,000 and and income of $51,534 from the City of Clewiston and $20,416 from the Hendry School Board. He's worked at the Clewiston Police Department since 2010. Beatty will have to resign from the school board if he wins the election.

Steven Maldonado, 48 has a reported net worth of $235,009 including $100,000 attributed to the worth of his company Criminal Justice Protections, Inc. His income is reported as $40,000.

Steve Whidden, 40 has a reported negative net worth of -$64,051 and an income of $110,158 as Hendry Sheriff.

Detailed financial records for all candidates can be viewed at the Hendry Elections Office.

Nuff said!

11-09-2012, 09:06 PM

pretty basic stuff guys
If you run for office you may want to shake a few hands. I'm a registered republican voter, as he was running on the Republican ticket, you would think he would at least visit me. Nope couldn't bother, and he got what he got.

as for US Sugar if they had such an investment and I don't know or care if they did, why was it run so much different than the Kulpa negative attack ad campaign? All I saw were a bunch of signs and his dad all over town talking to anybody who would listen. Again, I can only judge by what I see, and I never met the other guy. So, now he gets to go apply for a job someplace else.

Hey skippy, glad you brought that up. His DADDY..... DADDDDDDYYYYYYYYY. Lets face it. When his mother sits in a bar drinking with the property appraiser aunt of his, and states that she would not vote for SW in a blue moon, and everyone agrees that is pretty sad.

Daddy is still living it up since he wasnt anything in his heyday.
If you base your vote on a mere fact that you perhaps were overlooked, then I guess you didnt vote for a lot of people on the ticket now did ya SKIPPY?

Signs and Daddy did not win that election. SW did not win it either. Big money, FELONS, paying people to hold signs, and a HUGE AMOUNT of underhanded crap that this county thrives on won the election.

JUST REMEMBER STEVIE WEAVIE, your day is coming. And I am not talking about being Sheriff ass wad. And boy you do got a big ass. Of course all of you is huge. You will stroke before long.

Friggin Crackbaby.

11-09-2012, 09:12 PM
How can Daddy be registered to vote in Hendry County and vote when he lives up in Northern Florida?

Answer me that and how it is legal? If that is the way the elections office is it goes to prove what else goes on.
As much fraud is there is in and around the elections in this day and age, I promise you something at sometime will surface. NOT to mention all of the PROMISES that he made will need to be fulfilled.

11-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Mark Chamberlain needing money or a job???????????

DUDES AND DUDETTES: WHERE IN THE HELL DO YOU GET THIS INFORMATION????????

Mark retired from one of the biggest agencies in the US and was paid almost to the 200K per year in salary and perks.

This isn't podunk Hendry 30K a year for life agency. His retirement alone is more than what SW makes in a year and a half almost. GET REAL he ran because he wanted to make a big difference and all you idiot backwoods hillbillies ate it all up. yuk yuk yuk
well sit on it and enjoy it. Mark could not be in a better place in my opinion. Why don't you all go skin something, or go dancin in the barn, or whatever it is you all do.

11-09-2012, 09:54 PM

pretty basic stuff guys

Hey skippy, glad you brought that up. His DADDY..... DADDDDDDYYYYYYYYY. Lets face it. When his mother sits in a bar drinking with the property appraiser aunt of his, and states that she would not vote for SW in a blue moon, and everyone agrees that is pretty sad.

Daddy is still living it up since he wasnt anything in his heyday.
If you base your vote on a mere fact that you perhaps were overlooked, then I guess you didnt vote for a lot of people on the ticket now did ya SKIPPY?

Signs and Daddy did not win that election. SW did not win it either. Big money, FELONS, paying people to hold signs, and a HUGE AMOUNT of underhanded crap that this county thrives on won the election.

JUST REMEMBER STEVIE WEAVIE, your day is coming. And I am not talking about being Sheriff ass wad. And boy you do got a big ass. Of course all of you is huge. You will stroke before long.

Friggin Crackbaby.

This is why I was afraid to ask a simple question on this site. I get a few solid answers from some and then the disgruntle ex-employee who was probably fired for not doing his job, or was not re-hired, has to run off at the mouth and get personal. If you have a bone to pick with whidden, why not get with him and settle it in person. The rest of us or at least I do not care about your personal feelings. You do sound familiar, SM aka Taco?

11-09-2012, 10:58 PM
why don't you go back to sitting behind the desk at your mundane job? so malcontent with your life that you have to spread rumor and crap around because otherwise you don't have a life? why not go to the beauty shop, or any of the fine establishments in the two block area called labelle? or maybe dare to cross the county lines to go outside the box. no ex employee here moron. no rehire wanted. as for meeting with whidden? he would crap in his pants first. and that is a guarantee

11-10-2012, 03:23 AM
Easy there hot rod, didn't mean to hit a nerve. It's just that everyone on here is a real bad a_ _ behind a screen name. Question, if you were'nt fired or not-not rehired, what in the world would cause you to be so angry?

11-10-2012, 01:03 PM
No nerve. Just another individual who worked very very hard during his FIRST election and was promised a position. Not a huge position just a position to carry on my certification. For almost two years I worked for him "spreading" that word. I gave up looking elsewhere to apply because he repeatedly said he would return the huge favor. There were many witnesses to this, as well as MANY other promises he made and then after winning going back on his word. I understand he has done that to SO many people and for various things, not just employment. Thankfully I do have a job now that I am able to keep certification and go forward. But lets just say his "bill" isnt quite satisfied yet. SO I am never going away. I will continue to churn, and turning over every rock and stone I can, just to make his stupid self continuously wonder what it would have been like if he actually stood by his promises.

What is really strange? His dad actually was genuine at one time. If he said he would do something he did it. If he promised something he delivered. His brother Billy, is a great guy. Very successful, very well placed and has a great business accumen. Problem is Steve never was able to get beyond that according to his dad. He felt inferior, and he felf as if he was a failure.

Well he is a failure. Because he was unable to contain the monster that lurks in everyones need for power. Instead of embracing the position and furthering his credibility, he elected to serve the needs of the unscrupulous and criminal. Why? Because it was easier than try to make something of yourself instead. Most of us such as the other candidate Chamberlain actually WORKED our way through the ladder of success. We learned and became good managers, and leaders and such. I am not a manager but I earned everything I have to this day through hardwork and dedication. I do not crap on people to step above them because I am too lazy or too stupid to earn it normally. He sidesteps everything, always a shortcut, always screwing over anyone he can, he uses people, and when they are of no use or their money runs dry or their benefit to him he discards them without a second thought. He is like a parasite.

So go back to your dreadful lives of sitting your fat asses behind the desks and gossiping around town about who is sleeping with who or fakely believing your men are being faithful to you, and continue believing you are better than anyone else.

You all remind me of cancer.

11-10-2012, 01:47 PM
This blog sure seems hot and heavy. Interesting. Elections over and according to SW he's doing a perfect job as reflected in the results. So why all the chatter all of a sudden? Can't stop obsessing over who didn't support you and exactly which current employees conspired towards your removal huh? Well don't worry plenty of time for shenanigans in the next four. Im sure youll weed out the infiltraters...eventually. If you make it that long. There is an agency pool going. I for one cantwait to cash in :wink: In the meantime don't forget the slate is not clean. You didn't start over from zero. Past deeds still exist. Prior bad acts still apply and you have yet to settle up on several.

11-10-2012, 11:32 PM
[quote="$$$"]This blog sure seems hot and heavy. Interesting. Elections over and according to SW he's doing a perfect job as reflected in the results. So why all the chatter all of a sudden? Can't stop obsessing over who didn't support you and exactly which current employees conspired towards your removal huh? Well don't worry plenty of time for shenanigans in the next four. Im sure youll weed out the infiltraters...eventually. If you make it that long. There is an agency pool going. I for one cantwait to cash in :wink: In the meantime don't forget the slate is not clean. You didn't start over from zero. Past deeds still exist. Prior bad acts still apply and you have yet to settle up on several.[/quote

Well said. When the actual cases all come forward from the lag in the feds and state backlogs, it will be the self insurance fund of the county that feels that pain. And Whidden will be to blame. Just him. Not Nelson, not Harney, not the rest of the bumbling followers. All his. Keep telling yourselves that there is no cases, that it is all a rumor. It will be that much more fun when it hits to see your expressions. Better than I told you so.

After that happens THEN comes the punitive and compensatory damages to him. Personally.

:devil: :devil: :devil:

11-11-2012, 02:13 PM
When this happens please,please post the results. :snicker: