PDA

View Full Version : This Forum

MOD 656
10-20-2012, 10:37 PM
After getting an email at the LEOAFFAIRS mail system from a user informing me of this message topic, after review I did delete it. Due to the nature of the content and the TOU violations. Let me address something. I am a volunteer as are all moderators of these forums. MOD 1 is the only Super Moderator of the board system. There are moderators in the forums that are extremely heavy handed when it comes to content. I prefer to allow the spirit of discussion to prevail and usually when a user flags a topic that they consider a TOU, I then log on and review it. I do not spend copious amounts of time on this forum as I have a full time job. There are those who have used the flag system to alert me and I have indeed deleted a fair share of posts. ANYONE can either flag the post directly or send me an email in confidence to
mod656@leoaffairs.com

I do not publish or reveal any of these communications and never will both by my policy and the policy of this site. Moderators are purposely confidential by regulations of the site, and are only known to MOD 1 I would like to point out that MOD 1 also has and does review this forum and has the power to delete etc. Granted lately I have not been on the forum as much as I would like to. This time of year and the amount of business has picked up dramatically thus limiting my time. That is why I rely on the flagging and/or email to notify me. I would think that LEO's have enough common sense to be able to do this. I also do not "hide" my status while I am logged on, and am visible to all when I am. I do not troll the forum like moderators of other sites do. This time of year always presents the inflated emotions, and passion of those who want a certain candidate in office. Take a look at any of the forums whom have an election in process and you will see. The candidates each have as much access to the forums as anyone else and I encourage them to post as they determine such a need to do so. A while back I posted a poll on the forum to gauge the candidates position in the process. From a bug in the program, it did allow multiple votes to occur. I shut the poll down after seeing the poll being "seeded" from a few readers. LEO's would not cheat right? If you have an issue about me and the forum, please contact MOD 1 and voice your concerns. He or She has the power to change the process as they see fit. Secondly please contact me at either the PM or the email address I provided about. But please be patient as I do not sit here monitoring the forum. Give me a couple of days or so leeway to be able to respond.

Enjoy the forum, and be safe out there.

Thank you for visiting LEOAFFAIRS.COM

MOD 656