PDA

View Full Version : Ramsay NOT Quailified to Run per Federal Hatch Act

10-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Copied from the other post This deserves a post of its own.

It is a FACT of law that Ramsay is running illegally for the office of Sheriff as a Republican. Ramsay is over Federal funds and has been even before the primary race. According to the Supreme court his victory in the primary race can be over turned. The fact that the Republican party supports Ramsay shows the depth of their deceit to the Public. They know the law, why don't they follow it. Ramsay needs to quit running or quit the Sheriffs office.

It is a violation of the federal Hatch Act. And so is the colonel running for office while still employed at the MCSO.

See http://www.osc.gov/haStateLocalwhoiscovered.htm

Remember the colonels own words...He is intimately involved in every aspect of the administration at the Sheriffs Office. He has made that claim at every public forum. He supervises everyone who is responsible for the money received from the federal government. Everything from body armor to the administration of the HIDTA program.

The primary purpose for the Hatch act was to prevent the type of behavior we are witnessing the Colonel and his admin staff participate in on a daily basis. Every day I am hearing about harassment of deputies and citizens who support Tom Peteck. Think about it for a moment, if the colonel was no longer the colonel and running for sheriff, would anyone at the SO support him?

Now I have heard some complaints were made to the Fed Gov. and yes they can be made anonymously. More importantly why hasn't the local news organizations covered the topic? They certainly tried to gig Sheriff Bob when he was running for office 4 years ago.

10-13-2012, 02:30 AM
Yeah but will anyone know about it? enough to care? The newspapers have known this for months. And not a peep out of them. It is not surprising given the amount of cash thrown at them for "advertising" or is it hush money?

They should be ashamed of themselves, for cryin' out loud even dennis at the blue paper won't get involved.

But oh well, keep your heads up and moving forward. Talk to your friends, talk to your neighbors, talk to the person sitting next to you in church. Tell them why you are voting for Tom Peteck, tell them a vote for Tom will make the Sheriff's office better for them and you.

Stay safe.

10-14-2012, 04:15 AM
Really stretching now, aren't you?

Once a loser, always a loser, and you will be a loser again after the election. How can you be a cop and be such a whiny crybaby?

10-14-2012, 05:01 AM
Darwin, or should I say LOU?
grow up please. If you cant make an intelligent post about your pseudo wannabe leader breaking the law then don't post at all. We can hear enough of your diatribe on the radio.

10-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Hey Lou! Wake up. At lest 50% of us are not voting for the boss. Does that tell you something? We'll support him in public because we have to but he can't follow us in to to vote. We're tired of the preferential treatment and watching all of the money go to "you and yours". Yeah, we DO have our resumes ready. It's clear to us that "you and yours"are only concerned with yourselves. For you other officers, who are grooming yourselves to be like them, shame on you! We could have a much better dept if we ALL supported each other. No whine just the cheesy facts.

10-14-2012, 09:29 PM

Once a loser, always a loser, and you will be a loser again after the election. How can you be a cop and be such a whiny crybaby?

Lou,
Cut out the insults, if you have something constructive to offer, then by all means bring it. But leave your childish behavior at the office.

But let me use you loser comment to illustrate I am not Bill G. It's rather funny and normally I would not pick on a vet, but in your case I will make an exception. Tom has never been a loser or on the losing team, however you have. In you office in Marathon you displayed a picture from your tunnel rat days in Viet Nam. Remind me loser how that one turned out for you.

10-16-2012, 12:11 AM

Lou,
Cut out the insults, if you have something constructive to offer, then by all means bring it. But leave your childish behavior at the office.

But let me use you loser comment to illustrate I am not Bill G. It's rather funny and normally I would not pick on a vet, but in your case I will make an exception. Tom has never been a loser or on the losing team, however you have. In you office in Marathon you displayed a picture from your tunnel rat days in Viet Nam. Remind me loser how that one turned out for you.

How did you pass the psych test to be a cop, if you are one? You sound angry, bitter ,and childish.

10-16-2012, 12:31 AM

Lou,

How did you pass the psych test to be a cop, if you are one? You sound angry, bitter ,and childish.

Yep I passed the psych, Low risk actually, Yep I am a cop in sector 4, Lou knows so, that is why I mentioned the picture he had hung on the wall. Angry Bitter Childish Nope. Just responding to an A Hole in the only language he seems to understand.

Darwin (lou or another admin plant) came on here and has posted nothing but taunts and insults. In my mind and those of most clear thinking individuals, we can see that apparently you cannot or will not or simply do not care.

And as a fellow vet let me make myself clear. The above post was solely meant for chief Lou, he has disgraced himself by the thuggish behaivor I have witnessed. He has brought this disgrace upon himself and I will call attention to it every time he spouts off. For the rest of the veterans I thank you for your service to our country.

10-30-2012, 12:19 AM
Did you all see the last candidate forum where Ramsay says he does it all? He admitted he is over all the federal funds and oversees their disbursement... so he is self admittedly NOT qualified to run HE IS BREAKING THE HATCH ACT LAW!

http://youtu.be/Yx-TWa0oQ_8

10-30-2012, 12:42 AM
Did you all see the last candidate forum where Ramsay says he does it all? He admitted he is over all the federal funds and oversees their disbursement... so he is self admittedly NOT qualified to run HE IS BREAKING THE HATCH ACT LAW!

http://youtu.be/Yx-TWa0oQ_8

Zzzzzzzz..........

10-30-2012, 01:14 AM
In response to Darwin's "zzzzzz"

Really Darwin, I understand you turning a blind eye to the LAW however the OSC.gov office will not. Stay sleeping it's when you are at your best.

10-30-2012, 01:26 AM
OK Darwin Think for a minute about those 23 million in HIDTA federal funds as well as ICE Inmate federal funds received by MCSO
and then
try and comprehend the actual law.

The Feds are not limited to an election being over they can & will still go after Ramsay.

The Hatch Act: Limitations on City Employee Political Activities
Federal employee partisan political activity was the original target of the Hatch Act of 1939, as Congress sought to prevent corruption surrounding elections. Only one year later, the law was amended to apply to state and local government employees whose wages and/or duties are tied to federal funds. Although off-duty free speech rights of government employees is preserved, the Hatch Act places strict limitations on the political activities of most city employees.
The Hatch Act applies to any city employee “whose principal employment is in connection with an activity which is financed in whole or in part by loans or grants made by the United States or a Federal agency…” 5 U.S.C.A. § 1501(4) (emphasis added). The number of city employees covered has expanded drastically over the years, due to numerous federal grants and loans made to local governments. Employees of any police or fire department receiving grants and/or loans from the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice, or any other federal agency are subject to the limitations imposed by the Hatch Act. Also covered are employees of any city department that participates in activities that are funded, in whole or in part, by any federal loans or grants, even if those funds were received from a state agency. Examples of employees who are commonly covered by the Hatch Act include city clerks (including deputy clerks and possibly city recorders) , employees of housing authorities , officers and employees of development and transportation authorities , emergency services employees , firefighters and police officers.
What does the Hatch Act prohibit? Covered employees may not:
1) Be candidates for public office in partisan elections;
2) Use official authority or influence to affect the results of an election; or
3) Directly or indirectly coerce subordinates to make contributions to political candidates. 5 U.S.C.A. § 1502(a).
Covered employees may not seek office in partisan elections. Determining whether or not an election is partisan is more difficult than simply identifying political primaries or candidates endorsed by political parties. The determination is rather based on whether or not there is any evidence that partisan political activities played any role in, or had any impact on, the election. This prohibition against being a candidate in partisan elections does not apply to incumbents running for re-election, governors or mayors. 5 U.S.C.A. § 1502(c).
The Hatch Act’s prohibition against using official authority to influence elections is perhaps the most active area of enforcement of this law, at least in recent years. This prohibition is violated by employees making campaign endorsements in uniform or using official titles. An example of such activity occurred in 2008 when Lee County, Florida Sheriff Mike Scott spoke at an event honoring presidential candidate Senator John McCain and his running mate Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. Sheriff Scott violated the Hatch Act by wearing his uniform and being introduced as “Sheriff Mike Scott.” Federal employees may violate the Hatch Act by sending email messages from their work email accounts about upcoming elections. Certain executive branch federal employees are further limited in their political activities by provisions of the Code of Federal Regulations which have not been extended to local government employees at this time. It is prudent, however, for city employees to refrain from using their work email accounts or work cell phones for political communication.
Covered employees are also prohibited from soliciting subordinate employees for contributions to political candidates. The Office of Special Counsel which enforces the law explains:
These prohibitions are aimed at activities such as threatening to deny promotion to any employee who does not vote for certain candidates, requiring employees to contribute a percentage of their pay to a political fund, influencing subordinate employees to buy tickets to political fund raising dinners and similar events, and advising employees to take part in political activity. These prohibitions principally affect supervisors but are applicable to any covered employee. For instance, employees still may not coerce command or advise other covered employees to make political contributions or to contribute their time or anything of value for partisan political purposes.
The division of the Office of Special Counsel that enforces the law issues advisory opinions and publishes handbooks and posters as guidance for employees and employers. If Special Counsel determines that a violation of the Hatch Act has occurred, it will either issue a warning letter to the employee, or initiate prosecution. Excellent resources area available on the agency website, at http://www.osc.gov/index.htm. The agency may also be contacted by mail or phone as follows: Hatch Act Unit, U.S. Office of Special Counsel, 1730 M Street, N.W., Suite 218, Washington, D.C. 20036-4505,Tel: (800) 85-HATCH or (800) 854-2824, (202) 254-3650, Fax: (202) 254-3700. Requests for Hatch Act advisory opinions may be made by e-mail to: hatchact@osc.gov .
Covered local government employees should be made aware of the prohibitions of the Hatch Act and be instructed to carefully separate their political activities from their employment. Although these employees have the right to support candidates and voice their opinions, such activities should always occur on the employee’s personal time without the use of any title, uniform or other indicia of office or employment.

10-30-2012, 02:08 AM
Oh and this covers Peyram making those Radio announcements for Amy too. ALSO against the LAW. Do you think when they are done investigating him for breaking the law he still will get that Fed job with HIDTA... maybe not.

10-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Oh and this covers Peyram making those Radio announcements for Amy too. ALSO against the LAW. Do you think when they are done investigating him for breaking the law he still will get that Fed job with HIDTA... maybe not.

Read this, please, and get some rest.
http://www.osc.gov/documents/hatchact/s ... vities.pdf (http://www.osc.gov/documents/hatchact/state/redacted%20AO%20re%20sheriff%20political%20activit ies.pdf)

11-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Well that may be one Opinion, however the letter of the law was violated. So much for Bob's quote of do the right this at the right time for the right reason. Bob also used his office to badger Home Depot so his drugs thief daughter could again get her record expunged. What a disappointment. Who can believe in anybody he endorsed ... not me

11-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Well that may be one Opinion, however the letter of the law was violated. So much for Bob's quote of do the right this at the right time for the right reason. Bob also used his office to badger Home Depot so his drugs thief daughter could again get her record expunged. What a disappointment. Who can believe in anybody he endorsed ... not me

You have more issues than National Geographic.

11-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Don't worry your time will be filled with job hunting soon and you wont have to worry about "my issues"
funny how people who are not intelligent find picking on the individual who is posting facts the only thing they can do.

11-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Don't worry your time will be filled with job hunting soon and you wont have to worry about "my issues"
funny how people who are not intelligent find picking on the individual who is posting facts the only thing they can do.

You don't post any facts. All old-lady gossip and conspiracy theories.

You personal animus toward Ramsay/Peryam is evident in your constant sniping. I don't know what job Peteck promised you but hopefully after the elections (after he loses) you will calm down and not be such a miserable malcontent. Work hard, be smart, and good things will happen.

11-02-2012, 03:53 AM
I suppose his personnel jacket is old lady gossip? Need a copy? Give you one right after Rick loses. Poor guy lost a lot of votes after the last forum in Key Largo when his real personality showed. You guys taking him outside didn't help much. Guess we'll see what the people want in five days. Ramsay wins, same ol'shit and officers bailing out. Peteck wins, everyone wins. Not really worth arguing over any longer though. Have to wait and see. Good luck to your side either way.
:D

11-02-2012, 10:59 PM

You personal animus toward Ramsay/Peryam is evident in your constant sniping. I don't know what job Peteck promised you but hopefully after the elections (after he loses) you will calm down and not be such a miserable malcontent. Work hard, be smart, and good things will happen.

1. It's so typical of a Ramsay supporter to call someone names, for the record I am not an "old lady" nor a "miserable malcontent", however your name calling make me wonder about you.

2. I don't respect liars and people who feel they are above the law while they enforce the same law on the public. Hence I do not respect Ramsay or Peryam.

3. I don't personally know Peteck nor have I been promised anything by anyone on his campaign as you have been by Ramsay.

4. I do work hard, I am smarter than you as determine by your posts and good things have happened and will continue to happen in my life, not that you or your admin friends will have any bearing on my life. However my vote for Peteck and the many other voters who are tired of you and your admin staff diatribe will affect yours.

5. It is the right of every person to express their opinion free of oppression. So y0our bashing of my posts will not affect my continued expression of my opinion.

The truth is Ramsay is not Qualified as per the Hatch Act and your whining won't change that. He knows it and the investigators know it. I look forward to the public being informed when the investigation is finished. your attempt to spread misinformation to try and get Ramsay elected is obvious, but I believe futile.

11-03-2012, 01:44 AM

1. It's so typical of a Ramsay supporter to call someone names, for the record I am not an "old lady" nor a "miserable malcontent", however your name calling make me wonder about you.

Hey Guester, very well stated. Personally I hope the Darwin Troll and his alter egos, continue to spew their insults. It actually is an advantage to the Peteck Campaign. John and Jane Public are educated voters and can see the plight of the working men and women of the Sheriff's Office. Posters like Darwin et. al. , only reinforce the message we are putting forth regarding the real feelings of the MCSO towards the current administration and their chosen candidate.

BTW I have sent the past few days waving a Peteck sign. The positive reactions I have received are overwhelming.

watercop
02-15-2013, 07:50 PM

Lou,

Guest 4xxx, that was f#$%ed up, You’re a freaking moron. You really should think, and rethink again before posting something like that. There are thousands of Vietnam Veterans who are still Police Officers to this day; you are a disgrace to any badge (if you even wear one). Take your personal agenda/vendetta toward Lou and either keep it to yourself or be man enough to confront him in person. But wait, I’m sure you’re just like all the other cowards on this site, you only have a set of testicles when you’re behind a keyboard and no one knows who you are. You’re probably the same kind of cop that hears a bar fight, armed person or domestic in progress and waits in the shadows for another unit to arrive before you.