PDA

View Full Version : Who are they hiring these days?

09-22-2012, 12:57 AM
When I entered the Service I was one of a relative few who came with both military service and law enforcement experience.

A large number of my contemporaries and those who entered shortly before me were former school teachers.

I was around when the emphasis switched to giving hiring preference to women, blacks and Hispanics. I even had to file an annual report regarding the number of minorities I had tried to recruit as agents.

I wonder where the emphasis is being placed these days................

(I've seen a lot of bald headed men on protective details recently.)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

worfusa2008
10-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Whomever DHS says is the "protected class" these days. It's all about diversity, don't you know?

06-22-2013, 08:29 PM
Can you give me any information on applying with the Service? I am a female with a law enforcement background.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

06-23-2013, 03:30 AM
As a former agent I can tell you that if you are a female you should look for other agencies. The USSS is notorious for treating female agents, even good ones, like crap. They don't care that you have a family or you have child care issues. I had a friend who was actually retaliated against because she took maternity leave. Other agencies are a lot more female and family friendly...the FBI has a part-time agent program that allows you to work 4 days a week for up to two years after having a child. You lose your LEAP but at least you aren't told to quit.

The USSS is a sinking ship. I wouldn't get on it.