PDA

View Full Version : sheriff's race

09-21-2012, 09:59 PM
why is peryam retiring after one term?

10-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Word on the street is that was the agreement. One and done for BP.

Think about it, Ramsay only had 21 years in the FRS in 2008. There was a thought that if he ran and lost in 2008 he would be out of a job. So the establishment needed a caretaker for the sheriff's office on the third floor. Yes I know it is actually the 2nd floor, not counting the garage underneath.

Now the story gets interesting after the 2008 election. Legend has it that BP changed his mind and told others that he wanted to stay long term. Well of course that did not sit well with the "powers that be". I understand that a manilla envelope was waiting on his desk when BP sat down in the big man's chair for the first time. Inside the envelope was a letter re affirming their agreement and photographic "incentive" for BP to honor that prior agreement.

Now is the story true? I don't know, but during her run for sheriff Sandy Downs sure made allegations about the existence of said photographic incentives and the activities captured on said photographs.

I was raised to believe if it walked like a duck and quacked like a duck it was probably a duck. :snicker:

HTH

10-29-2012, 09:26 PM
I haven't been in Monroe County for a while and lost touch with the guys I worked with. I do however recall rumors of BPs out of office conduct being less than stellar, even back then. I never really bought into the rumors as being much more then BP bashing.

Thanks