PDA

View Full Version : ‘Pray for Obama’ sign under fire from Secret Service

worfusa2008
09-02-2012, 05:55 PM
The Secret Service is looking into a sign posted in Victoria, Texas.

The sign says “Pray for Obama”, but it’s the scripture quoted below those words that is raising eyebrows: Psalms 109:8.

Psalms 109:8 reads, “Let his days be few, and let another take his office.”

Nowadays, anything that could possibly resemble a threat (whether, physical or political) gets flagged by the Secret Service.

Cruel Truth
09-03-2012, 04:13 PM

It's not your father's............. or even our.........Secret Service anymore.

Alas.....................

worfusa2008
09-04-2012, 01:43 AM
I posted this under the topic "Secret Service Shuts Down 'Fire Eric Holder Protest' and I think it bears repeating.

"In retrospect, how naive of me to think that the Secret Service could resist being politicized by the White House. I watched as the leaders of Holder's FBI and ATF and Napolitano's ICE and HSI allowed their agencies to be co-opted into being part of the new Political Police, never thinking to what lengths Secret Service headquarters would go along to get along. My idols have feet of clay."

The Secret Service was not so much a career as it was a lifestyle. I gave it everything I had, including a personal life, and they kept asking for more until I had nothing left so I retired one year early. I am not bitter, just profoundly shocked, appalled, and dismayed at what has happened to the outfit to which I gave the best part of my life. I was a good agent.

09-09-2012, 08:55 PM
I remember a case in the 1960s where a hollywood figure made a speech in which he said about President Johnson, "That SOB lied to us."

We received a referral so we had to open a case. It was immediately closed.

That could be the case here. If a complaint is received the USSS is required to open a case.

10-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Do you think they will like this one better?

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h42/exagent007/obamathenandnow.jpg