PDA

View Full Version : AND THE PRIMARY WINNERS ARE..............

08-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Republican Candidate Mark Chamberlain won the Tuesday primary with ease and would like to thank:

1) All of his hundreds of gracious and beautiful followers
2) All of his professional contacts and affiliations
3) All of the men and women of professional law enforcement
4) All of the businesses that support him
5) All of the volunteers of the campaign
6) The list goes on and on.

Democratic Candidate Steve Whidden won the Tuesday primary with colors and would like to thank:

1) Lt. Hair and husband

What a race ladies and gentlemen, we will be back for the coverage in November!

08-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Official results from WINK News:

Republican:

Mark Chamberlain 871 57%
Ray Van Houten 494 32%
E. Carmona 170 11%

Democrat:

Steve Whidden 1,789 66%
S. Maldonado 480 18%
Matt Beatty 425 16%

Congratulations to Mark Chamberlain for winning the Republican Primary for Sheriff. I actually thought Maldonado would have a better showing against Whidden. It seems like voter turnout was terrible. Onto the general election in November, I hope Chamberlain takes it all.

08-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Official results from WINK News:

Republican:

Mark Chamberlain 871 57%
Ray Van Houten 494 32%
E. Carmona 170 11%

Democrat:

Steve Whidden 1,789 66%
S. Maldonado 480 18%
Matt Beatty 425 16%

Congratulations to Mark Chamberlain for winning the Republican Primary for Sheriff. I actually thought Maldonado would have a better showing against Whidden. It seems like voter turnout was terrible. Onto the general election in November, I hope Chamberlain takes it all.

Turnout was terrible but not anticipated. People usually do not vote in the primary elections and wait till the dust settles and decide on the actual two candidates. What is very interesting is despite the County Supervisor of Elections Office being under Federal observation, the redistricting of the precincts caused an uproar in the voters being turned away.
Not only did the Supervisor of Elections FAIL to advertise properly the precinct changes, but people were actually showing up to vote only to be told that they were in the wrong one and had to go elsewhere. That and not having their voters card, yet having photo ID were denied voting. That is wrong and needs correcting ASAP. So that is a failure.

The general election in November will have a greater turnout if this can be corrected, as well. Thank you to all the candidates that have swung their generous support over to Mark Chamberlain!!!! Matt Beatty, Ray Van Houtten to name some. I do not know if the rest have.

I understand great things are coming! To think that all of the ammunition has been spent on the primary as said by the incumbent is very very dangerous to say the least.

Of course having to pay people to hold his signs and wave $130.00 and more, probably helped a lot. I bet that money came from outside of the reporting purview and escaped reporting just like the first time he ran. He was funded well by his financial supporter with unlimited funds from those on SR 80 at the ranch. Too bad FDLE and the election commission would not look into that arena. Having a net worth of reported -$64,000 dollars, does not explain how he can payout the money he did without it. I bet it doesn't show in the finance reports, and I bet it doesn't show in his bank account if he says he did it personally. All needs to be reported, and we can guarantee this was not.

08-16-2012, 12:07 AM
I don't get the math either....-64K and you have made $100K plus over the last 3.5 years...kinda fishy. Good Luck in November to Mark!!

LTR308
08-16-2012, 12:59 AM
Crater,

Did you vote yesterday? I voted and also was a poll worker. You stated that some voters were denied voting privilages because they did not have their voting card. Anyone who read their letter or showed up at the poll would have known the voter card was simply to notify the voter of the location of their poll and not acceptable for identification. Also voters were told that ONLY a photo ID would be acceptable as idendification.

New registrations were mailed to every registered voter. These cards showed the location of their poll and stated ID would require a PHOTO.

I would guess that anyone who had a problem voting either: #1 had not updated an address so their notification was undeliverable.

#2 It had been so long since they voted that they were dropped from the rolls and no notice was mailed to them.

#3 They did not open or read letter.

Anyone who states the a photo ID was not acceptable yesterday is either confused somehow or did not vote.

Voting is a privilage and a responsability. If a person does not vote, they should not complain about the results

I have voted every election since 1962 and I sometimes complain. I will very pleased if
Chamberlin wins!

Best Wishes, Stay Safe

LTR308