PDA

View Full Version : Clermont Police Chief and department

07-27-2012, 09:55 PM
I am a proud citizen of Clermont, Florida and have been for nearly 20 years. Through this time I've watched the news and have seen the good, the bad and the downright ugly on channel 9 news. I am not a political person, but I am a realist who has common sense. I keep watching the news and it's "get rid of the chief", "get rid of the city manager", "start investigations". I wonder why we don't hear about "who the officers are that want to police chief to step down and what were they fired for?" I mean, let's face it, I'm sure the officers have a union. You don't get fired for nothing. I mean, don't the cops have a three strike system like other employers? Aren't they protected by their union? If so, what did they do that was so horrible that they were fired and fired from other departments from what I've read? If they were fired illegially, why haven't they persued it and been reinstated? Maybe they really were bad cops and if they were, well how can they blame the chief of police for their actions? I mean I want to know it all. I want to know how many investigations there have been and what has been the outcome of each investigation? By watching TV, I've yet to figure out why the want to oust the chief of police. What did he do? Don't say "corruption", I want to know exactly what his charges would be if, say he was in a court of law. I'm waiting.....still haven't heard what this "corruption" is. And if I'm not mistaken, isn't the CITY COUNCIL and the city manger the people to whom Chief Grahm basically reported to? I mean it's been seven years and they have always agreed with which bad cops were fired, right? So why suddenly has the tides turned? Maybe we should pull city council meeting minutes and see how each of the council members have voted on issues involving the Clermont Police Department. I have managed people and there are always good employees and bad employees. I always fired the bad employees and guess what? They hated me for it. They blamed me for their inability to complete their job or their inability to have the morals and brains to do their jobs. Can't think of anyone I've fired who would say they deserved it and wouldn't want to stick a knife in my back at their earliest convenience. So lets look beneath the ripples we see on water to find what who and what the bad infuleneces are who are causing the waves that will surely bring chaos to our wonderful city.

07-28-2012, 12:12 AM
Dear Citizen,

Thank you for taking the time to look at our situation objectively. We have had problems with these few officers for a while. There was a group of individuals that were never disciplined by (another administration). This left this group feeling invincible. When the new Chief took over and began holding officers accountable for their actions it was like trying to discipline out of control children. They also resented him because he was not a "local". Then the Chief began hiring young men and women who were not "part of the norm". These officers then began to target a few of our new officers because of thier good ethics. As situations presented themselves the Chief took the appropriate action as he should. The result has been these officers constantly waging attacks on him for several years now.

It got worse when an administrator conducted an internal investigation involving former officer Cecil Garrett falsly arresting a young man (even though the officer reviewed the dash board cam) which proved the young man innocent. This officer was dismissed and is now fighting for is job back in arbitration. Just like in any court case the "defense" attorney attemps to discredit the investigator.... Did I mention there was video tape?

Now the other former officers who were fired have teamed up with (the officer with the pending arbitration). The defense attorney Brett (who is under the judges rule)= not allowed to reveal direct information about the case. Brett is giving interviews of direct information to the media and lying and slandering ALL who have to testify in this case. (Florida Barr Violation).

To answer your qestion about the union YES we do have a union and these fomer officers have been through be process. They were represented by their union for all situations. Law Enforcement has a progressive discipline system just like any other employer.

Now they are attacking the City Manager because he is of good moral standing and up held the dismissals of these officers. Their next step is to go after ALL administrators who have had involvment in discipling of ANY members of their united group. In essence they are holding a court of mass media- so people believe it's true.

Since they were "sucessfull" in getting rid of a 30 year sitting City Manager now it's the Chiefs turn. There is indication that there are two council members who MAY be violating the Sunshine Law by communicating with members of this group in a private setting. These two counsil members are aware of these officers behaviors but vote against the Chief (intergity issue there)..... Maybe one of them is hoping to become City Manger.. Who knows.

Chief Graham is not corrupt. (yes they have not defined corrupt). If Chief Graham HAD FAILED TO TAKE ACTION AGAINST THESE OFFICERS now that would have been corruption. A "Damned if you Do Damned if you don't" situation.

The good officers havnt spoken up at these meetings because we never fathomed it would have come to this. Good Officers HATE working with individuals like this and morale has improved as each one has been dismissed. Thank you again.

07-28-2012, 02:28 AM
Wow great job there jr. detective..however we have this officer that has obtained the name of crybaby rooney...he is a disgrace to the police department and needs to quit. You should come to the next city counsel meeting we need citizens like you! You would also get to see for yourself the idiots with the signs never mind that those officers don't have a LEO job! HA HA! and never will....

08-01-2012, 04:22 PM
It's a shame what the city council has allowed to take place, the Chief came in and did his job, then when he got rid of a few bad apples and justified in doing so, the Chief becomes the center of attention. You city council members that entertain these fired officers and their pathedic spouses in public forum should feel small. You hired the man to clean up the Department and when he starts throwing out the trash you abandon him. I hope you all realize that an ordinary citizian can file a complaint with the Florida Attorney General for corruption against city council members since this has been public and un fair to you very own Police Chief. Don't be like Opa Locka PD and keep your rotten apples because they cry the loudest, look at the people the Chief has fired they all deserved the fireing. If you were smart you would reward the Chief with a job well done and beg him to stay and continue to do a job well done.

08-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Bad apples--thanks for getting rid of the chief-- the citizens are pleased.
We rest our case.