PDA

View Full Version : FTEP?

07-18-2012, 08:05 AM
Can any VCSO guys shed any light on what your FTEP program is like. Any details would be greatly appreciated.

07-18-2012, 05:48 PM
The FTEP program is an intensive program that ensures only the most highly trained deputy will earn the title of VCSO deputy. Through the months of training with the elite training department a quality deputy emerges that has all the tools necessary. The training with the VCSO is the toughest in the state (and the results prove it).

07-19-2012, 08:55 PM
What type of training is given, generally? how much physical training is to be expected and how well prepared should one be?

07-22-2012, 03:00 AM
The FTEP program is an intensive program that ensures only the most highly trained deputy will earn the title of VCSO deputy. Through the months of training with the elite training department a quality deputy emerges that has all the tools necessary. The training with the VCSO is the toughest in the state (and the results prove it).

Really guy??? Your an embarrassment, if your even a deputy and not a teenage explorer.

07-22-2012, 01:09 PM

Really guy??? Your an embarrassment, if your even a deputy and not a teenage explorer.

Reserve Deputy……..............$12.32/hr-$19.38/hr.
Deputy II……………..............$15.39/hr.-$23.54/hr.Minimum Qualifications

19 years old

United States citizen

High school graduate or equivalent

There are some FACTS and not OPINIONS on the "elite". Look harder young man, MANY more agencies have higher standards as well as pay than the VCSO. Also do yourself a favor and ask around, most agencies outside of Central Florida have never even heard of the VCSO and that doesn't bode well for an agencies reputation. :shock:

07-22-2012, 08:04 PM
What does money have to do with training (or being one of the elite)? You are probably in one of the following categories of people:
- one of the malcontents profiled on VolusiaExposed
- somebody who failed FTEP
- somebody who was not accepted at all for the VCSO

Either way...Good luck in your endeavors to get hired on with the VCSO.

07-23-2012, 12:19 AM
What does money have to do with training (or being one of the elite)? You are probably in one of the following categories of people:

I really hope, for the citizens sake, your not in CID. :D

07-23-2012, 02:17 AM
Anyone else. Not looking for a generic its the best of the best of the elite or whatever Im looking for program structure, schedule, what type of training. Any details one could give about that I would greatly appreciate it.

07-23-2012, 09:10 PM

I really hope, for the citizens sake, your not in CID. :D

I guess you could also be a high school kid. Or maybe a combination of two of the four (a high school drop out who was not accepted at the VCSO)

08-03-2012, 09:51 PM

Hey.................when I was a teenager, I learned the difference between your (as in your momma) and you're (as in you're an embarrassment.) :snicker: :devil: :evil:

08-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Good catch!! That is how we know the poster is not one of Volusia County's finest. During the FTEP a portion of the training is dedicated to report writing (which also encompasses grammar issues)

08-05-2012, 05:03 AM
Anyone else. Not looking for a generic its the best of the best of the elite or whatever Im looking for program structure, schedule, what type of training. Any details one could give about that I would greatly appreciate it.

I wish someone would answer you because I'm interested in the response you get.

08-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Reserve Deputy……..............$12.32/hr-$19.38/hr.
Deputy II……………..............$15.39/hr.-$23.54/hr.Minimum Qualifications

19 years old

United States citizen

High school graduate or equivalent

08-06-2012, 12:56 AM
Hey.................when I was a teenager, I learned the difference between your (as in your momma) and you're (as in you're an embarrassment.) :snicker: :devil: :evil:

When I was a teenager I learned that people make mistakes in grammar issues as well as in life choices. A prime example of your life choice is you making $17.00 bucks an hour for a Podunk East Central Florida Sheriff's Office. But I must admit that you do know your grammar (and your paycheck) Professor!

08-06-2012, 05:28 AM
This is amazing all I ask is a simple question and people have to argue. I know how much they pay I can read the website for this info. I was just wondering about the FTEP program.

08-06-2012, 09:30 PM
This is amazing all I ask is a simple question and people have to argue. I know how much they pay I can read the website for this info. I was just wondering about the FTEP program.

All you need to know is it's ELITE and you might not complete FTEP.

08-06-2012, 10:08 PM

When I was a teenager I learned that people make mistakes in grammar issues as well as in life choices. A prime example of your life choice is you making $17.00 bucks an hour for a Podunk East Central Florida Sheriff's Office. But I must admit that you do know your grammar (and your paycheck) Professor!

I think it might read better if you were to say "A prime example of life choice is "you're" making....." instead of how you have it ("life choice is you making..."). Or maybe you could have stated "A prime example of life choice is tht you are making....."

I have to get back to the elite training now....

08-07-2012, 02:27 AM
I think it might read better if you were to say "A prime example of life choice is "you're" making....." instead of how you have it ("life choice is you making..."). Or maybe you could have stated "A prime example of life choice is tht you are making....."

I have to get back to the elite training now....

I think you meant to say,"your" , the next time you "quote" a source.

I have to get back to my $37.19 an hour doing real police work. Enjoy your $17.50 Professor.

08-07-2012, 01:51 PM
I have to get back to unapproving reports. Very busy myself. Perhaps you could have the courage to tell where you work. Since this is a VCSO forum and nobody in the VCSO makes $37 an hour.

08-14-2012, 10:57 PM

VCSO= (please insert Waylon Jennings voice) "Just some good ol' boys..never meanin' no harm.."

08-15-2012, 08:35 PM

VCSO= (please insert Waylon Jennings voice) "Just some good ol' boys..never meanin' no harm.."

You have it all wrong. The artist is Tina Turner. And the song is "Simply the best." Hope this helps.

08-16-2012, 09:10 PM

You have it all wrong. The artist is Tina Turner. And the song is "Simply the best." Hope this helps.

Meanwhile back at the Boar's nest....

08-17-2012, 03:43 AM

You have it all wrong. The artist is Tina Turner. And the song is "Simply the best." Hope this helps.[/quote]

Tina Turner :lol:

09-17-2012, 06:42 PM
So any new info on how FTEP is handled now as far as what the classroom work is like (signals/codes? I know theres a movement to plain speak) and physical demands (running, pushups, etc, how thats all handled)?

Id like to know, thanks.

09-19-2012, 08:30 AM
You'll do everything except learn how to be a cop.

09-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Good, I'd forgotten how to put the frosting on toaster strudels correctly. It always ends up smearing together and doesnt look nice like on the box.