PDA

View Full Version : Take home program

07-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Was just curious what your take home car policy is at USF? Does everyone get a car? How long till you get it? How far can you live? Who pays for gas? Can you use the car for things other than to and from shifts, like court? :cop:

07-15-2012, 07:04 PM
You get one after your 3 year commitment has been satisfied. Believe the distance is 30 miles as the crow flies. Yes, you can stop at the grocery, doctors office, gym, drop kids off and pick them up at school, as long as each of these locations is somewhat close to your normal route to work and home etc. You can use it for court. Department pays for the gas.

07-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Crow ?? What about eagles or sparrows?

07-15-2012, 11:10 PM
That should have been done a long time ago. I have heard that the the black widow has a fly in her web though..., that she has tried to sting and kill, but it keeps moving away in the web and trying survive the black widow....Will the black widow get it or will it get away from her and thrive?

07-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Crow ?? What about eagles or sparrows?

"As the crow flies" or beelining, the shortest route between two points; the geodesic distance.

07-16-2012, 03:11 PM
You get one after your 3 year commitment has been satisfied. Believe the distance is 30 miles as the crow flies. Yes, you can stop at the grocery, doctors office, gym, drop kids off and pick them up at school, as long as each of these locations is somewhat close to your normal route to work and home etc. You can use it for court. Department pays for the gas.

Not bad, the way it is over here most guys have been on for 3 years and still don't have a car anyway. We are eligible to be placed on the take home list after 1 year probation, but there's not enough cars...and we end up crashing them half the time anyway. I hear we're getting 80 new Taurus cruisers though, as well as some ford SUVs. :devil:

07-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Get out why you can before the black widow trys to feed on you. She always does. It's her nature. She is always trying to sting someone and get them in her web and pass them along to the King as she is doing a great job. Escape from the web now while yiou have a chance! Most department's these days offer a take home program and step raises for officers.

07-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Get out why you can before the black widow trys to feed on you. She always does. It's her nature. She is always trying to sting someone and get them in her web and pass them along to the King as she is doing a great job. Escape from the web now while yiou have a chance! Most department's these days offer a take home program and step raises for officers.

WTF is this crap about??

07-27-2012, 07:29 PM
From reading that post not sure, but when I worked there years ago, they never hired minorities races, and if they did, they would flunk them out for some reason or another, the record probably shows that. I am guessing the minority status they keep by ADA standards is hiring women, and it's all white women...., to keep in guidelines with the ADA standards. I have heard since I left there that they usually pay women hirer wages than their male counter parts, and this is how they get by on the Gov't required ADA standards.

07-27-2012, 07:53 PM
From reading that post not sure, but when I worked there years ago, they never hired minorities races, and if they did, they would flunk them out for some reason or another, the record probably shows that. I am guessing the minority status they keep by ADA standards is hiring women, and it's all white women...., to keep in guidelines with the ADA standards. I have heard since I left there that they usually pay women hirer wages than their male counter parts, and this is how they get by on the Gov't required ADA standards.

Clueless :?

07-27-2012, 08:38 PM
I have heard that for years the majority of the staff on that police department is mostly staffed by women (only Caucasian) and they avoid hiring Blacks and Hispanics on the job there, and they usually only hire young caucasian males to start in on the job.

07-30-2012, 02:30 AM
The latest news is, if you get off your 1yr probation, you will get a car.

jsoler0
07-30-2012, 04:38 AM

That's pretty much in line with agencies around here. Seems like half wait until probation is over, some give it after FTO. Getting the new ford interceptors?

07-30-2012, 10:12 PM
I have heard that for years the majority of the staff on that police department is mostly staffed by women (only Caucasian) and they avoid hiring Blacks and Hispanics on the job there, and they usually only hire young caucasian males to start in on the job.

I have heard that you're a incompetent fool, who uses race as an excuse for your multiple failures in life.

08-03-2012, 07:34 PM
This is all untrue. I don't know when you worked here, but it is different now. Send us more well qualified blacks and hispanics we want them. But if they have baggage forget it. We have to be very picky here.

08-03-2012, 07:38 PM

That's pretty much in line with agencies around here. Seems like half wait until probation is over, some give it after FTO. Getting the new ford interceptors?
Yes, things are starting to jel here finally. The chief worked on this a long time and came through big time. I hear more new cars may be on the way.

jsoler0
08-04-2012, 05:33 AM

Yes, things are starting to jel here finally. The chief worked on this a long time and came through big time. I hear more new cars may be on the way.

Those new interceptors are pretty nice, not sure about the chargers or caprice. I will miss the crown vic v8 roar though!

08-04-2012, 12:09 PM
You should see the cars the St Pete guys are getting.

08-04-2012, 01:51 PM

For what you have to do, where you have to do it, Golf carts are good enough.

08-04-2012, 06:01 PM

For what you have to do, where you have to do it, Golf carts are good enough.

Yup! You cant expect anything more. You want a car you have to work.

08-05-2012, 12:47 AM
I like beating the f$%# out of people. I'm good at it. When I grab someone and throw him or her around like a rag doll, I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Maybe I'll beat the pi$$ out of you next.

08-05-2012, 02:31 AM
I like beating the f$%# out of people. I'm good at it. When I grab someone and throw him or her around like a rag doll, I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Maybe I'll beat the pi$$ out of you next.
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

08-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Can't wait to see the off duty traffic enforcement from some of our new take home car recipients. :cop:

08-05-2012, 07:28 PM
I don't think we'll be seeing any off-duty traffic enforcement. The officers who just received their vehicles are top-notch. I am glad to see that our top DUI/traffic enforcement guys are being rewarded with this program. They've done some excellent work recently and surely deserve it.

08-05-2012, 08:32 PM
I don't think we'll be seeing any off-duty traffic enforcement. The officers who just received their vehicles are top-notch. I am glad to see that our top DUI/traffic enforcement guys are being rewarded with this program. They've done some excellent work recently and surely deserve it.

Agreed, some of our hardest workers were not eligible for the program. Now they are finally getting what they do truly deserve. Keep it up guys.

The only people who complain on here about traffic are the lazy lumps at our agency that are afraid of getting out there. LAZY. Sitting in a parking lot playing on the computer isnt what you got hired to do. If you don't want to do traffic then get out and work your zone or take calls without complaining.

08-06-2012, 09:46 PM
That should be true for people just coming on the job, they should be fired up. Traffic enforcement is the only activity to be had here. There is not many other calls going on; Domestics, Robbery, Battery..ect... including many other calls for service that are constantly going on in most PD's and take up your day of work. It amazes me how the new officers on the job think police work is all about traffic enforcement, and how some officers get by their entire career here sitting behind a desk and never do any of the patrol activities. They sit on Facebook the entire day and post pictures of their police car they detalied up and other pictures of stuff and pretending to be a police officer and get by with it, without ever having to do the patrol work or shift work.

08-07-2012, 03:08 PM
That should be true for people just coming on the job, they should be fired up. Traffic enforcement is the only activity to be had here. There is not many other calls going on; Domestics, Robbery, Battery..ect... including many other calls for service that are constantly going on in most PD's and take up your day of work. It amazes me how the new officers on the job think police work is all about traffic enforcement, and how some officers get by their entire career here sitting behind a desk and never do any of the patrol activities. They sit on Facebook the entire day and post pictures of their police car they detalied up and other pictures of stuff and pretending to be a police officer and get by with it, without ever having to do the patrol work or shift work.
Please name names. I'm sure the chief would be interested.

08-07-2012, 04:52 PM
All the traffic all stars will burn out soon enough. Let them have their fun, let the chief whore them out like a pimp for their stats and then kick them aside as soon as their usefulness is done.

In three years, take homes or not, they will all be gone, replaced by some other clueless newbie looking to save the world and falling for the USF BULL Shyt.

08-08-2012, 01:18 AM
I dont think the newbies will burn out. See what you fail to realize is that the officers who are working hard and putting up numbers, do it for themselves. Not the chief, not for a stat, not for a challenge point, but because that is what they signed up to do. Being lazy is not a choice for some people. Some people work hard and put up numbers because thats what a cop should. A police officer should not sit around and do nothing all day or night. It's called being proactive. I hope the newbies continue to work and be proactive. Its getting our agency noticed a lot more, and in a positive way. Its nice to hear at the jail how much they are seeing USF PD lately. Its nice when other agencies comment on how they are seeing us out there working hard. Stop complaining about how hard the new people work. Whether it's jealousy because you are not motivated or insecure in your own law enforcement abilities, or you are just looking to *****; you choose to not work. Dont get disgruntled with the ones who are not afraid to.

08-08-2012, 02:25 AM
:evil:
I dont think the newbies will burn out. See what you fail to realize is that the officers who are working hard and putting up numbers, do it for themselves. Not the chief, not for a stat, not for a challenge point, but because that is what they signed up to do. Being lazy is not a choice for some people. Some people work hard and put up numbers because thats what a cop should. A police officer should not sit around and do nothing all day or night. It's called being proactive. I hope the newbies continue to work and be proactive. Its getting our agency noticed a lot more, and in a positive way. Its nice to hear at the jail how much they are seeing USF PD lately. Its nice when other agencies comment on how they are seeing us out there working hard. Stop complaining about how hard the new people work. Whether it's jealousy because you are not motivated or insecure in your own law enforcement abilities, or you are just looking to *****; you choose to not work. Dont get disgruntled with the ones who are not afraid to.

Wow you're right! Last week at booking they came out to my car and brought my prisoner into booking for me. Then when I walked inside they had a cold drink ready for me and showed me to a special waiting area where after a few minutes they gave me my paperwork. To my surprise I Found that they had washed and waxed my car for me.

I'm sure glad that we are really showing them how great we are !

08-08-2012, 03:35 AM
All the traffic all stars will burn out soon enough. Let them have their fun, let the chief whore them out like a pimp for their stats and then kick them aside as soon as their usefulness is done.

In three years, take homes or not, they will all be gone, replaced by some other clueless newbie looking to save the world and falling for the USF BULL Shyt.

*Bump

They probably do enjoy all the traffic and are doing it for themselves, which all rookies should. But they come and go. It's the way it has always been here at USF PD. From experience, they won't be doing that much traffic later in their careers, it's a rookie thing. Well, I guess unless they move onto work at FHP, that's all they do and I see a lot of old guys stopping cars as I pass by them on the roads. Their pay is terrible though, worse than USF's. Just like any other state job, terrible pay raises for the career. You can go years without any pay raises, or getting a the measly 1.3% or so the state decides to give out that year to state workers. My advice, spend your career at this job that has good step raises every year.

08-09-2012, 03:04 PM
How about handling the things you find within your new "expanded juristiction" instead of calling us. You want to play outside, then do it all the way stop picking and chosing.

08-11-2012, 02:41 AM

I have heard that you're a incompetent fool, who uses race as an excuse for your multiple failures in life.

This really needs to be looked into, espeially with those kinds of comments.

08-11-2012, 02:17 PM

"especially"?

08-16-2012, 02:38 AM

"especially"?
I don't know about the racial stuff, it is probably true, but I can guarantee you that the pay raises given out to women, especially in the same pay grade as males, in the same class of work, as compared to the males doing the same job is much higher. That all started with the Krause lawsuit which I have learned. Since, the Dept. has made sure they paid the females more than their male counter parts doing the same job, and gave them higher pay advances and bonuses. The pay history of the empolyee, which is public record will show that.

08-22-2012, 04:19 PM

"especially"?
I don't know about the racial stuff, it is probably true, but I can guarantee you that the pay raises given out to women, especially in the same pay grade as males, in the same class of work, as compared to the males doing the same job is much higher. That all started with the Krause lawsuit which I have learned. Since, the Dept. has made sure they paid the females more than their male counter parts doing the same job, and gave them higher pay advances and bonuses. The pay history of the empolyee, which is public record will show that.
I'm SO SICK of hearing this bullshit--that poster is a disgruntled former employee and an asshole. USFPD does not pay women higher than men. That's a lie. We also do not avoid minority candidates. We don't have many because most who come to our process are rejects from other agencies, under IA, or have criminal records that they think we are too stupid to discover. Not so. We have a few minority officers and they are fine cops. But like everything else, if you are in demand you go for the highest pay, which we don't have. Still, we are being taken care of better than anytime in our past so stop whining and trying to tear the place down. I wish you assholes who talk the department down on this public forum for all to see had the balls to give your names but you sneaky little chicken shit cowards dont. I'm sure if you did you would be swiftly dealt with. Come on man up boys. :devil:

08-22-2012, 11:29 PM
[quote="Guest":1t1yueyg]I have heard that for years the majority of the staff on that police department is mostly staffed by women (only Caucasian) and they avoid hiring Blacks and Hispanics on the job there, and they usually only hire young caucasian males to start in on the job.

"especially"?
I'm SO SICK of hearing this bullshit--that poster is a disgruntled former employee and an asshole. USFPD does not pay women higher than men. That's a lie. We also do not avoid minority candidates. We don't have many because most who come to our process are rejects from other agencies, under IA, or have criminal records that they think we are too stupid to discover. Not so. We have a few minority officers and they are fine cops. But like everything else, if you are in demand you go for the highest pay, which we don't have. Still, we are being taken care of better than anytime in our past so stop whining and trying to tear the place down. I wish you assholes who talk the department down on this public forum for all to see had the balls to give your names but you sneaky little chicken shit cowards dont. I'm sure if you did you would be swiftly dealt with. Come on man up boys. :devil:[/quote:1t1yueyg]

Ohhh C.B. I like it when you get tough :wink:

08-23-2012, 04:53 AM
[/quote]
I'm SO SICK of hearing this bullshit--that poster is a disgruntled former employee and an asshole. USFPD does not pay women higher than men. That's a lie. We also do not avoid minority candidates. We don't have many because most who come to our process are rejects from other agencies, under IA, or have criminal records that they think we are too stupid to discover. Not so. We have a few minority officers and they are fine cops. But like everything else, if you are in demand you go for the highest pay, which we don't have. Still, we are being taken care of better than anytime in our past so stop whining and trying to tear the place down. I wish you assholes who talk the department down on this public forum for all to see had the balls to give your names but you sneaky little chicken shit cowards dont. I'm sure if you did you would be swiftly dealt with. Come on man up boys. :devil:[/quote]

I meant to say "Come on man up boys [i]and girls."