PDA

View Full Version : Candidates

06-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Instead of blowing rhetoric about the incumbent, one could care less about him. He is a done deal.

What I would like is some discussion on the other candidates. I mean we need to know who they are and any strengths and weaknesses.

I dont know but one of them and that' just in passing.

Any info?

06-21-2012, 07:55 PM
For starters, cut and paste away:

http://mattbeatty2012.blogspot.com
www.ecarmonaforsheriff.com (http://www.ecarmonaforsheriff.com)
www.chamberlain4sheriff.com (http://www.chamberlain4sheriff.com)
www.maldonado2012.com (http://www.maldonado2012.com)
http://vanhoutenforhendry2012.com
www.wewantwhidden.com (http://www.wewantwhidden.com)

06-22-2012, 02:46 PM
For starters, cut and paste away:

http://mattbeatty2012.blogspot.com
http://www.ecarmonaforsheriff.com
http://www.chamberlain4sheriff.com
http://www.maldonado2012.com
http://vanhoutenforhendry2012.com
http://www.wewantwhidden.com

1) Beatty - No experience and certainly no experience managing a Law Enforcement Agency. Trying to sidetrack and not earn it. No plans. Generic buzz Needs to update his site and list SEPARATED on his marital status.

2) Carmona - Bad Rep around town, No admin experience, website appears to be written by someone other than Carmona. Too articulate after conversing with Carmona. No plan to execute. No reasons of why he left agencies when things were okay?

3) Chamberlain - Awesome experience both in operational and managerial areas. Experience in LARGE budgets, and manpower numbers, proven responsibility in tough area of Corrections. HUGE amount of verifiable school and training, LONG TERM EMPLOYMENT with ONE agency. Articulate and well spoken after meeting him. Supervisory excellence after talking with his former employees.

4) Maldonado - Lots of flash content. Little longetivity in any agency. Bad rep around town, left HCSO under pressure. Would not hire back according to files, No supervisory or executive management training as well as admin / budgetary government experience. A little too aggressive for my book.

5) Van Houtten - same as most, no longetivity or reasoning of leaving an agency. No upper level or executive management, website lacks information on dates of training employment and supervisor experiences. Fellow peers in Lee County advise would not vote for him as Sheriff.

6) Whidden - All propaganda. Due to performance of last four years either all is a lie or he didnt grasp anything. Degree is questionable. Training is questionable. NO prior executive experience. Current employees will not support or vote for him. No need to go on.

06-22-2012, 03:22 PM
For someone who wanted information on the candidates a couple days ago and didn't know anything about any one of them, you seem to think you know it all now. I smell one of the candidates on this one. :lol:

06-22-2012, 03:49 PM
That or someone jumped in and used the name. If it isn't registered anyone can do that.

06-22-2012, 03:55 PM
You left out some other key points on Maldonado such as resigned from Rivera while under investigation, has been investigated for criminal complaints by FDLE, and has received multiple complaints for use of force. Hope no one is taking him seriously.

06-22-2012, 04:55 PM
WOW! didn't know that! Good info!

06-22-2012, 05:46 PM
WOW! didn't know that! Good info!

And you know what else? The zombies are coming for us, sleep with one eye open.

06-22-2012, 06:51 PM
Bath Salts my ass.

06-22-2012, 06:58 PM
TO ALL VOTERS OF HENDRY COUNTY

PLEASE VOTE FOR RAY VANHOUTTEN!!!!

So we can get rid of him here................

THANK YOU!!!

06-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Classic!

06-23-2012, 03:32 PM
If Matt Beatty gets in you will have K.B. as Chief Deputy. FACT.

06-23-2012, 05:00 PM
If Matt Beatty gets in you will have K.B. as Chief Deputy. FACT.

I dont know him other than who he is. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

06-23-2012, 06:05 PM
K.B. used to work in CID and could run the department as anyone else with any small unit experience could. K.B. is a good guy...Matt is an idiot.....JMHO

06-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Matt is a Steve Whidden CLONE. Just not FOR Whidden but for himself.

06-24-2012, 10:48 PM
Great Bennett and Herrera are backing Beatty? Excellent. Losers backing a loser.

06-25-2012, 04:15 AM
Quite correct, there will be a loser, but it remains to be seen if it will be either of the two gentlemen or the candidate you just suggested, rather childishly referenced I might add,and poorly done, or others, The loser, according to the many hopes and wishes many have expressed all over this county will possibly be your current Sheriff if public sentiment carries any weight; It strongly appears that most willing to speak with any insight and intimate knowledge of this situation DO NOT remotely care for the current Sheriff or his administrative staff and are desirous of change, not only of the Sheriff himself, but the appointed administrators as well. One can only assume by your name calling of these two gentlemen you perhaps, must be in the latter group and fearful of losing your position. Your name calling is tellingly indicative of your immature and unprofessional demeanor, so you, sir, are indeed most likely are one of the fearful few currently bowing down to your present lord and master. You are also ignorant of a few matters of law concerning the use of people's names in print, aren't you, Sir? I should not be surprised to see you sued for your insults. And I hope you have received official confirmation linking both these men's names to such endeavors as to their intent, and in writing, before you proceeded with your little rant using your childish names and hurling insults? Otherwise, perhaps the joke will be on you, sir, civilly speaking of course. Fail to establish a documented link to one or both of these men, and you had best consider the possibility of parting with some substantial funds for liabel or slander should either one choose to pursue it. I personally know one of the men you maligned.... he is not commited to any political obligation at this time. Choose your words carefully,sir. Even now, it may get exensive for you. Being a visitor here, and observing your political process has certainly enlightened me. I must say, this will be an interesting contest to be sure. Good Luck, all,

06-25-2012, 12:03 PM
the mod needs to remove the names of those who arent running.

but to address the losing my job???? unless he is going to fire every single road patrol and corrections officer, good luck with that.

not to mention proof in proverbial pudding is forthcoming for the good ol incumbent.

06-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Slam the candidate if you wish, he is fair game. Slamming people who don't work here is stupid.

06-25-2012, 01:43 PM
the mod needs to remove the names of those who arent running.

but to address the losing my job???? unless he is going to fire every single road patrol and corrections officer, good luck with that.

not to mention proof in proverbial pudding is forthcoming for the good ol incumbent.

Who said anything about firing "every single road patrol and corrections officer"? I didn't read that anywhere. A few maybe. Certainly not all. There are good people here, and all the candidates know this.

06-25-2012, 11:25 PM
Please don;t vite in Ray Vanpouten. Keep him in Lee County where the kids are bullying him. That is where he belongs. Lord knows that is his last place to work. GOOD THING Ray VansmokingPot doesn't get random tetsing or he would be running for tpilet cleaner of Hendry County.

shoefly012
06-26-2012, 11:40 PM
Just a note to some of you poking fun of and your opinion are great but slander and defamation of character are a crime and if you think this sight is safe you are wrong and any SAO cam find out your info if pushed hard enough especially during an election year.
So be careful
if you want to talk about SW big butt SM to much purfume EC arrest, MC arrest, RV all his jobs and MB no expirience thats all good but slander is not.

06-27-2012, 02:03 AM
If I lived in that county I could run that department. Yep, I had my issues but damn it people it is a small unit that needs simple leadership. Those who know me know I tell it like it is....Tim N. I was in Clewiston 3.5 years and La Belle 6 months. There you go. Slam me if you want. My REAL friends know how to contact me. Good luck to those still there. :wink:

06-27-2012, 02:20 AM
Slander and defamation are CIVIL issues not criminal matters, and the SAO would not be involved in civil issues... Nice try though.

06-27-2012, 01:47 PM
If I lived in that county I could run that department. Yep, I had my issues but damn it people it is a small unit that needs simple leadership. Those who know me know I tell it like it is....Tim N. I was in Clewiston 3.5 years and La Belle 6 months. There you go. Slam me if you want. My REAL friends know how to contact me. Good luck to those still there. :wink:

Why would you get on here and admit you had "Issues" or maybe you are no longer in LE?

That totally blows your post dude.

06-27-2012, 02:01 PM

Just have to keep beer, wine, and liquor away from you huh?

06-27-2012, 03:08 PM

Just have to keep beer, wine, and liquor away from you huh?
NOPE-all is well and life has never been better since I left. Kept my retirement and have a whole new career. Thanks for your concern about the alcohol...Good luck to those still working there and stay safe.

06-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Good to see you alive and well Tim. Pay no attention to these other idiots. Until they have walked in your shoes, they cannot comment period. Good luck to yourself!

06-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Good to see you alive and well Tim. Pay no attention to these other idiots. Until they have walked in your shoes, they cannot comment period. Good luck to yourself!
Thank you...My REAL friends tell me what is going there. You don't know who your real friends until you go through some rough times but all is well. :D

06-27-2012, 05:04 PM
regardless of whether friends of or with in this case, i truly believe that we need to cast aside our differences temporarily and work towards the common goal of removing the incumbent from office. i think we all share that as an agreed upon action. because it is not working for us. this place is miserable, there is no honor, no loyalty. time to get rid of the problems.

06-27-2012, 07:38 PM
regardless of whether friends of or with in this case, i truly believe that we need to cast aside our differences temporarily and work towards the common goal of removing the incumbent from office. i think we all share that as an agreed upon action. because it is not working for us. this place is miserable, there is no honor, no loyalty. time to get rid of the problems.
ONLY THE VOTERS CAN DO THIS....Vote right and correctly.

06-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Agreed! Time for Howdy Doody and Buffalo Bob to sign off! He can airboat, bbq, and swamp buggy on his own time and on his own dime.

06-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Howdy Doody better had start worrying about money. At least Buffalo Bob can sell swamp land. Maybe Howdy can become a realtor. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

06-29-2012, 02:20 AM
What are your thoughts on Maldo? I thought he seemed solid when we spoke. Good experience with his track record and running his security firm. Why are people so uptight? I want valid reasons, not the redundancy of the investigations and such. He sure as hell is better than Beatty and Walking Small.

06-29-2012, 02:34 AM
What are your thoughts on Maldo? I thought he seemed solid when we spoke. Good experience with his track record and running his security firm. Why are people so uptight? I want valid reasons, not the redundancy of the investigations and such. He sure as hell is better than Beatty and Walking Small.

Dude, you only had to ask once, not on 4 different threads! :?:

06-29-2012, 11:43 AM

Answered that earlier in one of the other five threads you asked the same question. His "Track" record well talk to any one of the people here one on one and you will get a different answer.

His security firm? I have two buddies who worked for him and he screwed them out of paying them for services rendered. If he will do that to his employees, imagine what he will do to rank and file for an agency.

And if you know Beatty and Whidden so well and feel he is better than them then you are either lying about this or trying to ferret out information. Because you would know Maldo and his escapades more so than Beatty or Whidden. Come on dude, lets face it no experiece in the executive level, no managerial agency leadership? You guys need to go away and save your money and your time. It won't work in Hendry County anymore. The days of a hillbillie trying to bypass well earned experience are gone. We have been through too many in the past now. It is time to try a different solution and approach. But seriously if you really want to know about a candidate? Call them or ask an officer. Not on here.

06-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Everything you read on here needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I agree, speak with each candidate yourself.

Lemonhead
07-01-2012, 09:25 PM
To the person who said Matt is a whidden clone......

You obviously DO NOT know him. He is NOTHING like Whidden. NOTHING!!

Matt is a good person. Period!

07-02-2012, 12:12 PM
then he and associates need to get on the same page of information. cause whats coming out of his mouth and his close close allies and family ties are saying other than what he is. Get the stories right and man up.

07-02-2012, 04:46 PM
then he and associates need to get on the same page of information. cause whats coming out of his mouth and his close close allies and family ties are saying other than what he is. Get the stories right and man up.

That sounds like it came right out of Walking Small's mouth.

07-05-2012, 01:40 PM

That sounds like it came right out of Walking Small's mouth.
I don't see any stuttering so it's hard to tell. The "man up" part sounds right and the "cause" part but I don't see any tics or stuttering... :wink:

07-05-2012, 02:43 PM
In all serious everyone, anybody who were to come to the forum and read this stuff would assume that most of it was made up. As those who work in the agency flat out know, and those who were eliminated by him know very well, one must do their part if they want true change to this agency. In less that 6 weeks, everyone has the power to eliminate him as sheriff, and send his "staff" packing as well. You have the power to educate those who do not know, or maybe indecisive at the current moment. You must tell your friends, families, and those in the communities that he was given a chance by them to prove his claims and produce a productive and professional agency. If he cannot do this in four years, or even show that the direction is the correct one and is producing viable, and verifiable results, it is time to move on, and give it to someone else to try. Let's not wait until the general election when the power exists to remove him now and be done with it. Regardless of who you are for in the primary, you can always reassess it after the primary and before the general. Please remember not to do this on duty. But certainly when you are off do your part to ensure your future. Guarantees are rarely given. But be assured, that if he stays in, you know what is in store for you. More of the same, worse conditions, pay, and morale bottoming out. Please vote in the primary. Get your family and friends out and help them understand this is more than just a name change.