PDA

View Full Version : Unity

06-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Whatever happened to UNITY amongst Police Officers. Why must many come on to this website and bad mouth each other? Every day when I put on my uniform and go off to work I ask God to keep me and all of you safe and bring us back home to our Loved Ones and when I am home I thank Him for bringing me back. Yes, just like any other job, there are good people, rats, backstabbers and those that go out of ourtheir way to help others. This is a time that we must stick together. Many of you should go over to Tropical Park and visit the FALLEN OFFICERS MEMORIAL and see all of the names of those that made the "ULTIMATE SACRIFICE". I am sure that they were not distinguishing between good, bad, lazy or rat officers when they lost their lives. It is a shame that we have those few that step over others to get to where they want. Remember, the good out number the bad. It does not matter whch one of my fellow officers I help. If you are in need, I will be there to back you up because at that moment I see a BROTHER/SISTER wearing that badge. So please, "STAND STRONG AND UNITED".

06-16-2012, 09:46 PM
Amen

06-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Al,

These guys don't understand what that word means. They love to built division amongs everyone because they are miserable people. They talk negative about anything positive this agency does. From K9 to CET, from Rad to Administration, from Rookies to even proactive Officers.

These guys would never appreciate that memorial because they don't understand the word honor, brotherhood, unity, or value. I'm all for it but until we all take a stance against them, these few individuals will continue to plague this department.

We need to step it up, next time someone comes to speak negative about an officer, stop them and call that officer so it can be delt with right there.

Refrain from responding to anything negative on Leo affairs, let them talk amongs eachother.

If something is done that bothers you, address it right there, stop telling other people about it.

If we follow just these simple rules, we can out cast this negative behavior and start building the unity needed to be successful in this agency.

My respect to you Al, Chris, and JR - you guys brought us PBa and are a perfect example of brotherhood at its finest. Thank tou
Dade County -

06-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Al,

The sad truth is that the unity you speak of is only found in the cliques that operate within their own trusted private worlds, there. The place has become a Miami Gardens High School where only the popular kids are given the gifts of advancement and privilege. If one speaks up and it is not in favor of the ruling party, then they are shunned and labeled a trouble maker and must be banished to either road patrol or to the sounds of "go back where to where you came from". The truth is the truth! Leadership has failed and so has this department in "Building a safer community"!

Now I don’t want you to comment, for doing so would be to violate our own SOP's, but do you really think that tickets on the main thoroughfares and FI's of the same people in apartment complexes where the citizens live, is lowering crime? I was always taught the most proactive thing any road guy can do is to learn the people in their areas and zones. This sheer fact of common sense means an officer would have to be in that zone area in the neighborhoods to identify the people who live there. How many citizen contacts are recorded for the almighty in the ivory tower? They preach comp stat, but forget the broken window theory.

I think you could be a good leader however you must wait out the dead weight, being at the top and hope that the middle has some intestinal fortitude to make the right changes!

Unity is driven by a common goal, what is your "back bone of the department", that would be the road patrol, for those who still think it’s the command's ...common goal?

Be a good leader, don’t post on here and claim to be self-righteous, when the problems are many and those willing to face them are few.

06-22-2012, 06:27 AM
sad truth, youve hit the nail on the head. Al, I know what youre trying to do, and youre right, but the problems are out of your reach. Until the admin can be trusted, the back biting will continue. If rat, snitch, opportunistic bottom feeders werent rewarded by admin, more cops would be willing to stick their necks out for the honest earned rewards. 'dade county' I doubt it. you are probably one of the misguided individuals who fought the union. you talk about calling negative officers out, yet you are no better.