PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at Twin Lakes

05-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Juvenile from Clewiston was shot while in the Twin Lakes area on 05-12-12. Kid has been hospitalized since and is in jeopardy of losing an arm. Not a word mentioned anywhere in the county about the incident. High School students returned to school today and started talking about it and questioned the newspaper about it. First they heard of it!

Where's the PIO, The Chief, Captain, Lieutenant or even the Sheriff himself? No press release on the subject? Is the shooter at large or in custody? Any suspects? Gang related? Anything? Anyone?

So much for public safety and open government. I'm sure they're all trying to figure out how they can reclassify the incident down to a misdemeanor so as to keep those UCR numbers looking good.

05-14-2012, 07:39 PM
First off there is going to be no mention because Twin Lakes is a political bone of contention in Cluelesston. Given the boy county commissioner and his antics, he reminds me of a guy od'ing on ritalin bouncing off walls at a commission meeting. So they don't want to get him riled up. Besides the Commissioners and the Sheriff don't like each other anyway.

As far a the rest of them, the PIO probably is doing well just to get to work each day without being dropped off by hubby.

C'mon everybody knows how it is. Dysfunctional county at best. :lol: :lol: :lol:

05-15-2012, 01:14 AM
You won't see this in Clewiston news, thats scary news and they just don't go there. Sorta like the recent story posted on the zap and also run on Hendry glades reference Hendry's ranking as #1 in the state for homicide. God forbid the leaders in the community, commissioners and law enforcement should address violent crime rates. Could at least use this a vehicle to get more funding for services. Times are tight ok, but #1... When will these folks say enough? Instead it seems everyone huddles quietly around their "little problem" bring the alleged local media bound and gagged along with them while citizens and sadly kids like the one mentioned here pay the cost. Here's a place to start, just vote them out! Suppose it's too late for twin lakes, at least for another year since the district's current commissioner is unopposed from what I hear.

06-22-2012, 02:27 AM
The Sheriff's dept is too afraid to go into twin lakes and clean it up. The Sheriff is scared to even be a Sheriff. This guy needs to get out of office and out of town...

06-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Well first off, he has no support from the BOCC. They literally hate each other which is such a conducive atmosphere to get anything done.

The Boy Commissioner runs around like a chicken with his head cut off, and WS cannot stand him. So put all of this dissention together and you get nothing being done, officers who have lost confidence in the agency, and have shut down. They are not producing and will not until the environment changes for the better.

OH AND TO CLAIM ON YOUR POLITICAL MIDTERM REPORT THAT YOU DIDNT RAISE THE BUDGET???????????????

REALLY??????

AS IF THE BOCC WOULD HAVE GIVEN IT TO YOU?!?!?!?!?!?

WHEN NO OTHER CONSTITUTIONAL FOR MILES HAS GOTTEN AN INCREASE???

COME WS THINK BETTER THAN THIS!

11-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Another shooting in Twin Lakes.

More failure on the part of both our Sheriff and our Boy Commissioner. No streetlights, and no protection from these driveby wannabees Oh whats that? NO GANG PROBLEM???? Right Ronnie said the same thing when Whidden was campaigning then too. But all the sudden it gets corrected?

You all disgust us. :evil:

11-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Another shooting in Twin Lakes.

More failure on the part of both our Sheriff and our Boy Commissioner. No streetlights, and no protection from these driveby wannabees Oh whats that? NO GANG PROBLEM???? Right Ronnie said the same thing when Whidden was campaigning then too. But all the sudden it gets corrected?

You all disgust us. :evil:
Ronnie stated that "they were groups of kids" not gang members...I had a group of friends as a kid and we never did this kind of BS. When you had a deputy in there all of the time a few years back he flat out stated " I am working this so I cans get my new boat." Really? A new boat? Its is a sad state of affairs and you IDIOTS the over 6000 of you that "drank the kool aid" and believed his BS for the second time should be ashamed of yourselves.