PDA

View Full Version : New Chief

05-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Does any one have a clue who put their names in for the Chief's job?
I have not seen anything I thought it was public knowledge

05-13-2012, 11:56 PM
Ric Bradshaw

05-18-2012, 02:04 AM
The Board has to approve the new chief. It will be either Cummings or Green

07-18-2012, 03:15 AM
It's Larry Leon

09-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Bye Chief Kelly
All the best
Time for a change. Maybe the new Chief will listen to the troops.
We have not had a voice for years.

09-06-2012, 04:25 AM
SORRY LARRY. WILMA IS THE REAL CHIEF.

09-06-2012, 05:09 AM
As I said before, the new Chief (Leon) is a GREAT man. I've known him for years. However, he was selected to"fail". Sorry Chief, except for Maj. "C", Cdr "PM", "RM" and Sgt's "AF"."AM"."CW"."RM". and "GC" you have a line staff of bafoons. I really hate to say that. However I have found that the lazy and Incomp Officers and Supervisors seem to always get promoted. I do believe that your biggest enemy is Wilma. With over 25 yrs of LEO time (much in command positions in an active agency), you have selected to be replaced in 1 year. so Jim Kelly can once again be brought back to take control of the department. Chirf, you have so much talent that you and your command (?) staff won't use. It seems to me that this department has an ego problem. I realize that the threat of going "GREEN" has been rubbed in our face for years. I was always against this, however. I now belive that this is the only option to keep our childtrn safe

09-20-2012, 09:38 PM
As I said before, the new Chief (Leon) is a GREAT man. I've known him for years. However, he was selected to"fail". Sorry Chief, except for Maj. "C", Cdr "PM", "RM" and Sgt's "AF"."AM"."CW"."RM". and "GC" you have a line staff of bafoons. I really hate to say that. However I have found that the lazy and Incomp Officers and Supervisors seem to always get promoted. I do believe that your biggest enemy is Wilma. With over 25 yrs of LEO time (much in command positions in an active agency), you have selected to be replaced in 1 year. so Jim Kelly can once again be brought back to take control of the department. Chirf, you have so much talent that you and your command (?) staff won't use. It seems to me that this department has an ego problem. I realize that the threat of going "GREEN" has been rubbed in our face for years. I was always against this, however. I now belive that this is the only option to keep our childtrn safe

Leon will do great, and will not fail. We have to give him time. If your so serious about wanting to look to go green, do something about it. Contact our reps, or board members. I am sure that will be brought up AGAIN during next years budget meetings. It would be nice to just put that idea to rest once and for all.

12-31-2012, 04:21 PM
Chief Leon seems like a good guy.

The problem is the internal crimes his dept. is told to commit, by the board members.

The board will expect him to protect the school district from legal actions brought by students and parents.

And as already proven many times over, the school police will obey the board.

The result, our children are harmed by PBCSD employees, and are exempt from justice.

FS 839.13 and FS 839.24 are the rule of thumb, @ the PBCSDPD.....

05-04-2013, 04:59 PM
The truth of the matter is that regardless of who the Chief is he does not and never will control the School Police Department. The School Board does and they are a bunch of elected officials with no law enforcement and/or criminal justice knowledge. Many of them are nothing more than power hungry control freaks. None of them want to lose their perceived control over the day to day operations of the School Police Department for fear of the behavior it would uncover.

The Chief has little to no control over pertinent issues such as raises, benefits, working conditions and operations. He is nothing more than a figure head who will either nod his head in agreement with the board and go along with what they say in lock step or find himself unemployed and out of his six figure job. That is the sad and undeniable truth.

The real issue here is that there is no valid reason why the School Board of Palm Beach County should have a police department to begin with, much less a Chief of Police. The truth of the matter is that those who oppose the elimination of the School Police do so for selfish and self-serving reasons.

The Board members fear losing some perceived power and control. The school principals and administrators fear the exposing of the criminal behavior that takes place on a daily basis within their schools. Those same principals and administrators do not want to lose the ability to control law enforcement operations within their schools, even though they have no law enforcement or criminal justice experience. And one of the worse, the very members of the School Police who are scared that their cushy little Monday thorough Friday, weekend, holidays and summers off scam disappears.

The reason that the School Police should exist is because it provides a superior service that makes Palm Beach County Schools safer and does so in a manner that is more effective and efficient than other alternatives. That is absolutely not the case.
Therefore the School Police should be dissolved and the law enforcement function of the School Board should cease and desist immediately with all law enforcement services being turned over to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office. To argue against such a move only exposes your selfishness and self-serving reasons.

The bottom line is regardless of who the Chief is and how nice a guy he is the School Police Department is nothing more than another waste of tax payer money that is kept around for the benefit of those who work there and those who control it, not the citizens of Palm Beach County and most importantly the children who attend Palm Beach County Schools.

05-09-2013, 01:24 AM
wow, finally a post on here that makes perfect sense. you should be a rep for our PBA