PDA

View Full Version : Applying

05-09-2012, 04:04 PM
I am set up for testing at the end of this month and checked out the forums on here. It seems that the moral of the department is really down right now. Are things really that bad at this department?

05-09-2012, 08:16 PM
I am set up for testing at the end of this month and checked out the forums on here. It seems that the moral of the department is really down right now. Are things really that bad at this department?

Don't take what you read on this site as being accurate.

05-12-2012, 05:37 PM

Don't take what former LEO says at accurate.

05-12-2012, 11:38 PM

Don't take what former LEO says at accurate.

Yup, I was not kidding.

05-13-2012, 06:01 AM
Apply any where else and avoid the bailing out of everyone at NPPD!

05-16-2012, 12:03 AM
The place is a joke. If you have been a cop anywhere else, you will be extremely disappointed in the complete lack of professionalism with everyone associated with the NPPD.

I applied in April. Made in to the backgrounds and had to tell Lt. that he is a dbag and had no further interest...

05-17-2012, 05:53 PM
The place is a joke. If you have been a cop anywhere else, you will be extremely disappointed in the complete lack of professionalism with everyone associated with the NPPD.

I applied in April. Made in to the backgrounds and had to tell Lt. that he is a dbag and had no further interest...

First of all, who actually believes you called Lt. a "Dbag"? Ahh I am sure no one.

Second, the previous statement is obviously a picture of you.

05-18-2012, 06:50 PM

I applied in April. Made in to the backgrounds and had to tell Lt.that he is a dbag and had no further interest...

First of all, who actually believes you called Lt. a "Dbag"? Ahh I am sure no one.

Second, the previous statement is obviously a picture of you.

Uh, told him that he is an "egomaniac" and that his "department lacks professionalism". Exact words. Being a dbag is strictly my opinion.

05-18-2012, 07:26 PM
KS how is JS doing in Orlando! Oh, guess what? JS wants do distance themselves from you in a big way.

I told you that by playing both sides of the political fence in the 90's would get your *ss burnt.

05-22-2012, 03:49 PM
KS how is JS doing in Orlando! Oh, guess what? JS wants do distance themselves from you in a big way.

I told you that by playing both sides of the political fence in the 90's would get your *ss burnt.

Whatever this is about seems to overstep this forum once again.

05-24-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm really looking for some serious answers. I'm not here to hear some smartass comments. I have two PAT tests next week, one for North Port and one for Seminole County, that happen to fall on the same day so I have to pick one. I want to get some serious opinions about the department from people that ACTUALLY work there and are not idiots. Thanks!

05-24-2012, 10:57 PM
I'm really looking for some serious answers. I'm not here to hear some smartass comments. I have two PAT tests next week, one for North Port and one for Seminole County, that happen to fall on the same day so I have to pick one. I want to get some serious opinions about the department from people that ACTUALLY work there and are not idiots. Thanks!

Don't take what you read here from the negative comments. All agencies have these types of people. We are a progressive agency that is young and growing. The city is in a slump right now with the housing market but it will turn around. We all work together, we at least most of us and we really do not have any major issues. Small *****ing from some but nothing to worry about.

05-27-2012, 09:57 AM
We all work together, we at least most of us and we really do not have any major issues. Small *****ing from some but nothing to worry about.

So how long have you been wanting to be a writer of fiction. :roll: :roll:

05-27-2012, 02:29 PM
[quote="Marvin W.":1233gazo]KS how is JS doing in Orlando! Oh, guess what? JS wants do distance themselves from you in a big way.

Whatever this is about seems to overstep this forum once again.[/quote:1233gazo]

So let me get this straight "Dinozzo". Because you have no idea what a message is about, nor beable to decipher it, makes it improper for Leoaffairs, correct?

In plain simple terms, if you do not like it because you can not understand it, nor have knowledge about such it must be dangerous or wrong in their mind.

Well that places you in with 3/4 of our department.

06-03-2012, 01:44 PM

So did you pass everything?

06-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Apply to the Sarasota sheriff. NPPD is a lame duck small dept no budget no opportunities just your basic small town police dept!

06-14-2012, 12:53 PM
I agree we don't have special units full or part time we lack any chance to work in all of the aspects of a med or large agency. North port is not respected in this county and considered the place for the less professional officer and agency.

Our equipt and training is a joke

06-16-2012, 08:30 PM
We have no Swat, ERT unit, motor unit, traffic unit, tac / street crime unit, warrant unit, mounted unit, aviation unit, range unit, community policing unit, gang unit , surf unit, bomb unit, crime prevention unit, narcotic unit, intel unit, DUI unit. The list goes on you get my point we are a small boring department if you are young go to a med to large sheriff office plus they are frs retirement we are a small community with not a lot going on if you work for the sheriff the entire county is your jurisdiction including all of the municipalities

06-19-2012, 11:51 PM
We have no Swat, ERT unit, motor unit, traffic unit, tac / street crime unit, warrant unit, mounted unit, aviation unit, range unit, community policing unit, gang unit , surf unit, bomb unit, crime prevention unit, narcotic unit, intel unit, DUI unit. The list goes on you get my point we are a small boring department if you are young go to a med to large sheriff office plus they are frs retirement we are a small community with not a lot going on if you work for the sheriff the entire county is your jurisdiction including all of the municipalities

Why don't you take your own advice and go to the S.O. if you are so bored here!