PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get hired in Citrus

05-01-2012, 07:22 PM
I would like to get any info from those of you who like working for CCSO. I live here and went to the academy in Inverness. I was supposed to get hired out of the academy along with another female deputy who was in my class. However she did and I did not, and have been attempting to get on since then. I have been wokring as a cop for 8 years and have also been to Iraq for a security contract. I had an oral board in 2010 which I passed and only thought I was waiting for the next step. I was able to finally find out that there were a couple others on teh same day that scored higher than I did. I have sopken to the sheriff personally and he told me that BW is in charge of selection and he lets her handle that. I was also in conversation with the sheriff proir to the take over of CR and he told me and my wife in front of others that he would hire me when the city was taken over, that didnt happen. I have also spoken via px and email with BW who was very rude and somewhat unprofessional about telling me how things go. I have never been in trouble on or off duty and I would love to work here where I live. I know many of you personally and I always hear the same things, the people that have been hired lately have no clue what to do on the road. Or the ones I have seen look like they are 15 and weigh 100 lbs or those who are really overweight. I dont want to have to go back overseas and want to continue my career here at home and never go anywhere else. I am into working out and I am getting my BA as I know they like. So why have I not been able to get in who knows. Any insight from my brothers and sisters would be great. Be safe.

06-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Dont like your attitude. Doesnt matter what JD says. It is BW's call.