View Full Version : sheriff's race

04-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Forum gave a first look

Florida Keys News - Key West Citizen
Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Forum gave a first look
BY GWEN FILOSA Citizen Staff
gfilosa@keysnews.com

Hometown! PAC saved the county sheriff's race for last, with Col. Rick Ramsay drawing the loudest cheers of the night from his entourage of colleagues and supporters.

Ramsay, the crew-cut-wearing second in command at the Sheriff's Office, has the blessing of his boss, retiring Sheriff Bob Peryam, and $91,000 in his campaign account -- which on Monday towered over all 40-plus candidates in comparison.

The closest in fundraising were County Judge Wayne Miller, with $52,000 in his unopposed race for re-election, and School Board candidate Mark Peterson, a retired attorney who loaned himself $50,000.

Ramsay is facing two candidates in the Republican primary: Sgt. Jake Brady of Marathon, a 23-year sheriff's veteran; and State Attorney's Office investigator Edwin "Bill" Grove.

Grove, without mentioning Ramsay by name, noted the $91,000 in campaign cash.

"Don't let the elite of the Sheriff's Office choose your next sheriff," said Grove, who criticized the office as being bloated with "21 employees who make $100,000 a year," and having added four administrative positions recently to the tune of $350,000.

Ramsay, in a post-forum interview, said Grove has his facts wrong.

"We didn't add four administrators," said Ramsay, who added that Grove's assertion that 21 employees make six figures is off, too, although he couldn't give the exact number off the top of his head Monday.

Ramsay said his opponents just aren't qualified to take over the sheriff's helm.

"It would be like going from a private to a general," he said. "I am a colonel."

On the Democratic primary ticket for sheriff, voters may consider Deputy Matt Koval, who has patrolled the Keys since 1987, and 24-year sheriff's employee Tom Peteck in the Aug. 14 Democratic primary.

gfilosa@keysnews.com

04-18-2012, 01:52 AM
Grove is a fing joke, come on bill, do you really think you have a shot? Don't you think your past is going to come out to haunt you? I would love to see Matt or jake as sheriff, they both are in touch with the troops and know this office very well. Bill stop while your ahead before your past comes out.

04-18-2012, 02:20 AM
Grove is a fing joke, come on bill, do you really think you have a shot? Don't you think your past is going to come out to haunt you? I would love to see Matt or jake as sheriff, they both are in touch with the troops and know this office very well. Bill stop while your ahead before your past comes out.

Iam still waiting for his "past" to come out. We see that post and wonder what past? This blog is safe. Tell us.

Did he bang a Sgt's wife, while the Sgt worked nights? No that's rick. Do you mean he lived with a guy that banged young explorers? No that's Rick too.

Please tell us about his past

04-19-2012, 11:29 PM
Funny bill! You know what you did!!??!! Stop acting like you
Are innocent.

04-20-2012, 05:48 AM
Are innocent.
not innocent.....but stil laughing... I do know what I did...maybe I stalked my ex girlfriend...? no still Rick...he should deny these allegations .....but he knows they are true......if I did something u would put it here.....coward!

04-20-2012, 06:22 AM
Are innocent.
This office is a joke. Matt and Jake know this office.... Ha. This office is the problem and any real cop knows it. Only you half cop half electricians really know how to run a department Right Lou

04-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Are innocent.
not innocent.....but stil laughing... I do know what I did...maybe I stalked my ex girlfriend...? no still Rick...he should deny these allegations .....but he knows they are true......if I did something u would put it here.....coward!

I won't call you out cause I have more class than you William.... You are a low life attempting to make the Col look bad.... Good luck....

04-20-2012, 03:38 PM
You have to much class? This whole back and forth start with someone attacking BG. Claiming to have secret knowledge of his past. Encouraging him to drop out of the race before this horrible secret would be revealed. A tactic often used by leadership of the agency. Someone claims people are trying to make Rick look bad. While they slam and threaten BG Not sure how that makes you classy

05-20-2012, 01:12 AM
You have to much class? This whole back and forth start with someone attacking BG. Claiming to have secret knowledge of his past. Encouraging him to drop out of the race before this horrible secret would be revealed. A tactic often used by leadership of the agency. Someone claims people are trying to make Rick look bad. While they slam and threaten BG Not sure how that makes you classy

Seriously...............Ive been to some of the town hall meetings. Ramay has never mentioned Grove or the other challengers. Seriously I don't think Ramsay has to say a thing about any of the challengers as there is no serious challenge. If that's all you got to toot your horn on this election, then we should all just go ahead and vote for Ramsay because you guys have nothing to offer but whiney *****ing and crying..

05-24-2012, 12:53 AM
WOW.........your reading comprehension is painfully low. To spell it out for you...the last post did not say Ramsay talked about or mentioned Grove. It referred to the previous post under this topic. But you really understood that didn't you? You just could figure out another way to call deputies whiners and tell us we shouldnt vote for anyone but Ramsay. Your distain for the deputies is pretty clear. If your not already a captain with the sheriffs office maybe when Ramsay wins you'll become one. Your attitude is just what Ramsay looks for in a leader. My bet is that if you really have been to "town hall meetings" your already a captain or chief and probably drove there in your county car using county gas, wearing your Ramsay polo. Either way keep it up your impressing the deputies and citizens.