PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Tickets

04-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Is it true that Pinecrest Lt has quote for officers to give tickets??

01-09-2014, 05:18 PM
I think so. I've heard it in conversation from several different people. One of my sons was charged with running a stop sign. This is a bogus charge as he fully stopped. He also proceeded forward to the street (there is some distance from the stop sign to the street), looked both ways to see that it was clear to go, made a right turn. Officer speeds up and tells him he ran a stop sign. My son told him he stopped, did not run a stop sign. The officer then tells him he isn't supposed to be driving at that time, nearly 9pm. On the back of the license it states can drive until 10pm. This was on the way home from school. I am caring for my mother who had a stroke, she has since been moved to a nursing home though I still spend a lot of time with her. My other son was with him. I am just so upset with this. My son had class 6 days a week at the college. Instead of going to court like I thought he should, he instead went to one of these ticket places. He paid $69 for them to represent him. So there are no points on his license but he paid this plus now he has to pay court costs. My son is a student. He doesn't have an income. We have to pay for insurance, gasoline, tires, etc. I am strapped and really annoyed at this officer EDUARDO BLINEAU for charging my son with something he didn't do. I wish I had been able to go to court along with my son to talk with the judge. It's wrong. The officer said he had video which is a joke since that street has an obstructed view. There are trees and plants growing way high. The officer came off of the east-west street that leads to the high school. My son was traveling south on a back street behind the shopping center off US1. Shame on anyone who is giving out tickets for false charges. I don't care if you have a quota. Make sure it's a legitimate charge. The officer implied he was giving my son a break (saying he wasn't supposed to be driving at that time - which was incorrect, just look at the back of the license.) I wish we had been able to go to court for this. The ticket people don't even really represent you, they just take their $, show up in court, must have some sort of agreement with the courts - you get stuck with court costs. If someone is guilty then that's fine, they get what they deserve. But when you are not guilty but are charged that's ridiculous. People don't have money to spend on bogus tickets. Times are hard. thanks a lot (sarcasm). I thought you were basically honest people. very sad about this. If my son hadn't been going to school 6 days a week and wasn't doing his final exams I would have had him go to court. I would have loved to accompany him, at least to state his case - that he was innocent of those charges. Since my Mom can't walk or do anything for herself I couldn't do that, didn't have anyone else to care for her. I don't know how the officer can lie like that. I don't know if it's funny to them, if they just don't care, if charging innocent people doesn't matter to them - what it is. How about you just go after people really breaking the law? (not law abiding citizens that are paying the taxes that pay your paycheck) It seems Police in the surrounding neighborhoods are targeting people these days to make up their budget shortage. My husband doesn't get 40 hours a week most weeks. So why is it we get stuck with paying for a bogus traffic ticket? Many people are having a hard time lately. Please just go after those people breaking the law, quit trapping people and in this case making up false charges. You lose respect when you do this. How am I supposed to tell my sons to respect the police when some are crooked like this? I am just shocked at this policeman's behavior.

02-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Yes because since there is no real police work in pinecrest the officers have to earn their pay somehow.

04-18-2014, 10:11 AM
To the concerned mom: You only have your son's side of the story. Off course he is going to deny the charge. Did you bother to go get the officer's opinion? If there is a video of the traffic stop, go to that Agency and get a copy and see for yourself what really happened that day.

05-07-2014, 01:50 AM
Pinecrest has always had a quota. And quotas for municipalities are NOT illegal. The administration calls them "performance expectations".

The officers hate it as much as the residents do, it is the truth.