PDA

View Full Version : Daniels Leaving

03-19-2012, 10:59 AM
4 LOCAL LAWMEN APPLY FOR PORT ST. LUCIE POLICE CHIEF

By Christin Erazo
Updated Thursday, February 23, 2012
PORT ST. LUCIE — Two current and two former Treasure Coast law enforcement officers are among those hoping to be the city’s next chief of police, according to a complete list of 46 applicants released by the city.

Also among the list are law enforcement retirees, former federal agents, business owners and even some professors, according to applications made public on Thursday.

Michael Kurth, a former sergeant for the city’s Police Department, and James Nygaard, the former deputy chief of police for the Fort Pierce Police Department, join current Port St. Lucie Police Chief Brian Reuther and Maj. Scott Bartal as the only applicants with local law enforcement experience.

Reuther, who has served nearly a year as chief, will be forced to retire May 31 under a retirement program requiring him to do so. However, the program does allow Reuther to return to his former post after 30 days, if the city chooses to bring him back.

Reuther, 57, said because he’s not ready to hang up his badge just yet, he reapplied for the chief position.

Kurth, who left the city’s Police Department in 2001, also was not ready to give up on law enforcement. The former sergeant served the department for more than 11 years before he left to pursue a law degree, according to his application.

After leaving the Police Department, Kurth went to work as an associate attorney for the Fort Pierce law firm of Neil, Griffin, Tierney, Neil & Marquia. After leaving the law firm in May 2006, Kurth went on to own Riviera Beach company Fence Crafters Inc., where he still works.

Kurth did not list a reason for wanting to return to the Police Department.

Another familiar name is Nygaard, who left the Fort Pierce department in 2010. According to his application, Nygaard took a buyout from the city in February 2010 to avoid being laid off.

Since then, he has taught criminal justice as an adjunct professor and has returned to his native Lee County. He now serves as an officer for the Lee County Port Authority Police Department. Nygaard’s application states he is “underemployed” at his Lee County position, which he started in May 2010.

Neither Nygaard nor Kurth could be reached for comment late Thursday.

Reuther, who submitted his application last week, is joined by one other city employee, Bartal, bureau chief of the department’s Neighborhood Policing Unit. Bartal has served the department since 1986.

Reuther has served on the force for more than 31 years. He became chief Feb. 28, 2011 after serving as interim chief since December 2010, after former Police Chief Don Shinnamon was fired.

APPLICANTS FOR PORT ST. LUCIE CHIEF OF POLICE

Total: 46 applicants

Greg Anderson: Chief of Police for the City of Oak, Il., 1/4/2010 — present

Scott Bartal: Police Major Port St. Lucie Police Department, 1986 — present

Ryan Burchnell: Florida Highway Patrol Bureau Chief, 4/1997 — present

Kenneth Burnett: Deputy Police Chief of Village of River Grove, Il., 6/1985-6/2007

Danny Butler: Retired Police Major Henry County Police Department, Ga., 1/2005 — 9/2010

Thomas Carey: Police Chief Woonsocket Police Department, RI., 9/2008 — present; retired Police Major St. Petersburg Police Department 11/1982 — 9/2008

Robert Colbert: Retired Deputy Chief Panama City Police Department, 5/1995 — unknown

Kenneth Cox: Chief Deputy Orange County Sheriff's Office, 9/1982 — present

Robert Daniels: Chief of Police city of North Bay Village Police Department, 7/2010 — present

03-19-2012, 01:38 PM
He don't stand a chance in heck. Everyone knows how he destroys PD's as his history points out. But, wish him well!

03-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Just like Pan, spongebob is going to jump ship when the going gets tough. Bye bob

03-19-2012, 08:22 PM
What is more alarming is that the snowball and snake knew spongebob has applied at other places, yet they continue to keep us out of the loop. They continue to get our support and protection, but we know they won't protect us. They are scum.

03-19-2012, 09:53 PM
There's also an emergency commission meeting on Thursday to hire a special auditor to figure out what's happened with the money. Seems like NBV is running out of it.

03-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Saw his pic on the Channel 7 News. He looks pretty Swishy to me. No wonder he hops from one PD to another while trying to show he's got muscle when he gets there; the heck with respect for his men.

03-19-2012, 11:25 PM
There's also an emergency commission meeting on Thursday to hire a special auditor to figure out what's happened with the money. Seems like NBV is running out of it.

Wait till the legal stuff really gets rolling. The politically driven actions of spongeBob have been exposed. Maybe some people can hide behind a special needs kid, but no one can hide behind a special needs chief.... hardy har har!!!

03-20-2012, 12:27 AM
Do you wonder why he wants to leave? How many resumes has he sent out that you don't even know about? He sees a storm coming and you know the old saying: "When the going gets tough, the tough get going." Sponge Bob has the meaning wrong though, he thinks it means you run away. No surprise to anyone who knows anything about him, you saw how he handled the last few jobs, when things started getting rough, he left.

Well, now, things are getting rough. SJ is back and got his check, now the big lawsuits are coming. Sponge Bob is misleading the city manager on many issues while The Snake and Snowball stand around. The city manager will discover their complicity when the truth comes out and he realizes they just stood there and didn't advise him for the good of the city. The city manager has already discovered that Sponge Bob misled him about the FOP contract in relation to how officers are required to take drug tests, physicals and lie detector tests. The FOP president and vice president are aware of the union contract violations concerning SJ, they take no action yet vent their unhappiness at their meetings.

Everyone sees what's coming down the pipeline with McV. He has an arbitration meeting this week and all who've been subpoened are miserable. They now know they're going to have to go on record with the hard questions and no more friendly Franklin interviews.

McV is smart enough to have that arbitration hearing to get the liars on record.

Sponge Bob has the ability to move, as he's proven in the past, in order to avoid his poor management skills. Everyone at the station who he has schmoozed into being less than truthful are now really worried because they are losing his protection. He will be gone and content as others stay behind to suffer the consequences of his actions.

Anytime now the NBV officers involved will do what they do best, stab each other in the back, hand each other up and try to push as much blame on others in order to save themselves.

03-20-2012, 06:27 PM
It is funny how we now have the FOP as our bargaining agent and they have lost so many benefits, and otherwise backed Daniel's actions by not doing anything about anything. Then there are those few of us who kept our PBA memberships (and in some cases both) who have a real powerhouse still supporting us. The PBA continues to fight here and the FOP has come up with nothing but goose eggs. Now why does this matter? Daniel's is actively seeking to bail on the city after the BIG fights have been lost. He did not deliver what he promised. And with all the budgetary issues the city is facing, don't be surprised if the next round od bargaining goes even worse then the last. Also, if you want to make real changes, look at the LT's. Get them out of the union as they have NEVER done the right thing.

03-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Post arbitration lawsuits are becoming common place in our business anymore. And to think that an officer would sue another officer for lying during an official proceeding which ended up causing damages is a good reason to sue. More than likely 2 NBV cops will be sued very shortly. The civil process is so nasty, with 3 hour depositions, video taped. Family members brought into the picture and all kinds of stuff. The fun is about to begin, and wher will Daniels be? Not watching out for you thats for sure.

04-11-2012, 01:43 AM
Maybe he can become the manager in North Palm Beach.

NORTH PALM BEACH — Palm Beach County School District Police Chief James Kelly is among the 119 people who have applied to be village manager.

"I grew up in a small town where you knew everybody. It would be nice to go back to that," said Kelly, 57, an attorney who has been with the school district 30 years. The New York native has served 23 years as school police chief. His current salary is about $125,000.

Kelly becomes eligible for the county's deferred retirement option program on Aug. 31. The school district has posted Kelly's job as open for applicants.

The village council plans to meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday to narrow the list to four candidates. Annual pay will be between $110,000 and $140,000, said Chuck Huff, acting manager of the northeast county community of about 12,000 residents.

Other Palm Beach County job applicants include: John Bralich, former property manager of Villa Franciscan Inc. in Riviera Beach; David Denman, supervisor for accounts payable, Palm Beach County Fire Rescue; James Edwards, administrative services director and chief financial officer for A.G. Holley State Hospital in Lantana; Thomas Heck, former Manalapan Town Manager and Susan Stanton, former Lake Worth City Manager.

Community managers from the following Florida communities applied: Fernadina Beach, Southwest Ranches, Oviedo, Mascotte and Islamorada. Nationwide applicants are from Vermont, North Carolina, Illinois, Utah and California. One applicant each applied from Afghanistan and New Zealand.

The only other person with police experience to apply is Robert Daniels, a former Juno Beach assistant police chief. Daniels is now police chief in North Bay Village in Miami-Dade County.

Former Village Manager Jamie Titcombe left in January. He was replaced by former Village Manager Jimmy Knight, who served until last month when Huff was appointed interim village manager.

"We hope to have a new manager by the middle of next month," said Mayor Darryl Aubrey.

04-25-2012, 06:40 PM
If he left it would be the best thing. You want nothing to do with his wife and she will have no problems snitching everything back to him and or making up stuff.

How is Brent or Baty doing?

04-26-2012, 03:23 AM
He must leave now. And his latest scandal is about to come out

05-10-2012, 10:34 PM
AZ wants to know the latest scandel! I can't belive places keep hiring this clown. Wonder what he did now...... maybe he ........ Decided to promote Mrs. Daniels to Assitant Chief. :idea:

05-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Does he have more kids than the three he ignores from his first marriage and the one he adopted from his current wife?

Once a dog always a dog.

05-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Not sure if he has anymore kids yet, but he might soon. Heard he got both LT's prego. One of them is having a litter of huge puppies as his belly is defying medical science. The other is having a crack baby.

05-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Well it seems that any truth up here is taken down right away. If the mod thinks they are doing the right thing, how about going through all old posts and taking down any potentially offensive postings!!! Jimmy, Amy or Phil? Whoever you are. Big news cuming out of Daniels.

05-16-2012, 11:33 PM
What has been taken down? If there are posts that have been removed that do not fall into the categories for removal then the NBV Mod will be replaced. This site is for discussions good or bad, you take it all with a grain of salt. If the truth hurts then oh well, but discussions that are not supposed to be removed are then that is wrong. The best way to not get offended is to never open this site up! Now all be quiet, I have to go finish searching for DB, so I can turn in my report. So far NBI is all clear, but I heard a rumor there is a WW II bunker under the Tot Lot I think they are at....... :cop:

05-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Actually there was a bunker like room in that lot, it was part of a basement structure which never got built.

05-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Ha Ha its so funny that no matter what you NBVPD losers do your'e always shooting yourselves in the foot. Do your vote of 'no confidence' like you've always done and get that chief out of there and make Mccready the chief. The commission wants him gone but they are scared. With the election right around the corner, the commissioners would make a sweet deal with the union if they have not already. Jimmy is home grown and really knows what the community needs to succeed.

05-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Not only what you said, but he'd bring back redheaded code girl. Jimmy for chief for sure. Who cares about his dirty laundry as long as he does not screw anyone over.

05-21-2012, 02:24 AM
McCready is one of the worst things that happened to NBV. How many hours does he work per day, per week? Does he even work? And when he does, what does he do?

Half of those so called police officers that are in the police department are a joke. They don't do anything and get a fat paycheck. None of our neighboring cities want them. But yet, NBV hires them.

They are nowhere to be found when you need them. And when you don't, they huddle like a pack at the Hess or at the Grandview Palace. What's so wonderful at the Grandview Palace? Do tell the world.

05-29-2012, 04:39 AM
I heard Bob was back in pbc interviewing for another chief job. It will be interesting to see who fills in as acting chief when Bob goes.

05-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Those that sold him on NBV to become the next Chief here more than likely forgot to inform him that once you are a Chief in NBV your career is OVER! He is not going to PBC or anywhere else for that matter, we are stuck with him. No one in their right mind will take him on after being Chief here in NBV not to mention previous issues with the other departments he worked for. However, if he does leave here, McCready would be the obvious choice given the make-up of this Department, there is really no other choice, thats apparent. Pretty much crystal clear.

06-05-2012, 05:05 AM
Is BD still there.....we heard a rumor today that he moved on? Just trying to confirm. We still hate him by the way! LOL

Oh...hi Bobby.....saw youve been blogging here too. Good tactic.....guess you and Wayne didnt learn. Oh....we still hate him too. LMAO

06-05-2012, 03:24 PM
No...unfortunately for us he is still here. This is South Florida and everyone knows the NBV reputation and it speaks volumes. Every Chief that has come and gone from here in the past 10 or more years has yet to become hired as a Chief or Asst. Chief ANYWHERE!!! Once you become Chief here, your career is washed up, finished, OVER...most of the past Chiefs are doing some kind of security work or private investigative work and that is about it. I think one maybe a reserve officer here in our local area. That about sums it up. Also, same thing for the City Managers that have come and gone through NBV in the past 10 or more years, NONE of them have moved on to be City Managers ANYWHERE. I think one is a Public Works director, at best, and the others are what they call themselves, Consultants...of what I do not know but they say they consult someone about something. Maybe one is a professor somewhere and that is about it, so City Manager is out of the future job market, as well. So, yea, he is still here, not going anywhere so put the rumor to rest.

06-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Daniels has turned this place inside out. He does whatever the haters want. That is how he keeps his job and the haters are fine with him running the legal bills trough the roof. I think he will be here a while, because although the troops don't like him, they are all cowards and won't do a thing. Hey Arizona, did you guys do a vote of no confidence against him?

06-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Bohica, you hit the nail on the head, all talk, no action, a no confidence vote has to be signed, who has the balls to be the first to sign. Look for the city to threaten everyone with the county taking over, or the beach, to keep the low lifes in line. The politicians however don't want to loose their power over the citizens in the village, remember, they tried that years ago, and it didn't work. Right on Bohica, you speak the truth !

06-06-2012, 06:11 AM
The police association (union) had a meeting....which was standing room only. We even had a couple of LT's there. The union voted to do a no confidence vote on BD and the Town Manager and the union attorney was going to paper on it. Then the meeting was interrupted and we were notified that BD got sacked! Apparently the Manager had an inkling that the troops were gonna do a no confidence vote and potentially knew they were gonna do one on the manager too. So, he was forced to act. Not quite sure if the manager knew or not....but either way.....it worked out. BD hated the city and hated his guys....that we are convinced of. We are fairly unified out here.....BD had one guy in his corner and that guy left months later. The key is to have everyone on board. BD really pissed off everyone he met. We got a great command staff now.....they seem to get it. Im sorry for you guys.

06-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Wow. Is this what goes on in Police HQ here in NBV?

Look, I'm not that involved of an NVB resident. I'm a rental tennant. I don't plan on being here for the rest of my life. I'm not sure how much "right" I have to speak my mind on the issue, but I do live here. I guess, though my rent payments, I pay my landlord's property taxes. I depend on this town's officials to do what they're supposed to do.

Could you officers of the NBVPD please reassure me that my safety, and my family's safety, and my neighbors' safety is still your top concern? I understand you're gonna have your own internal struggles to ensure fair pay (which you are entitled to) and respectable working conditions. But from any and all coverage I've seen about your departmental issues - including what I've just read on this board about officer-involved fisticuffs - I just feel like I need some anonymous reassurance from you guys that protecting and serving is still your top duty. Not overpowering your boss, not union tiffs. Me. My family.

People speed ridiculously down JFK causeway. I have registered sex offenders living nearby. There is only short a bridge between us and Little River, where crack dealers and prostitutes are trying to expand their business eastward. I really hope guys are focusing on that as much as you are in taking down your boss.

Please. We depend on you.

06-06-2012, 04:38 PM
The problem is leadership, there is none, the sergeants are too busy trying to gain a position to be considered for possible promotion. They would jump in bed with anyone if they thought it would gain them a position. The rank and file look for a leader, mostly ending up supporting a pot stirrer. I advised you to look too protecting your family first and not depend upon the P.D. Traffic has always been a issue on 79 street. If its makes you feel any better, traffic sucks all over Miami-Dade County.NBVPD is really in a mess, steming from disloyal upper D.B., personnel. Those that did look out for the citizens, were tossed to the wolves years ago. CYA and get a CWP, and start packing heat.

07-16-2012, 04:06 AM
Lots of people had their fingers crossed that Port St. Lucie or North Palm Beach would hire Good 'Ole Bobby. Many heavy boohoos for this City, no luck for NBV in that area! Those Cities were smart to vet him, what happened in NBV?

Seems to be a lock on Bobby leaving real soon though, that is, if he follows his past behavior since he turns tail and runs once confronted with his unethical and unprofessional antics. He ran from FAU when questions were asked about his inappropriate behavior with a female officer he promoted to Sgt. because she was oh so qualified, in all the right areas. Then there was Arizona when a vote of no confidence was coming up. Now a State Attorney investigation in NBV is underway again into his, wait for it, unprofessional behavior. It seems he's remained unfazed despite his continual run-ins regarding his lackluster "professional" past because he's continued the same behavior. Hence, we should expect him to run again. Hopefully in these instances he'll be held accountable when returning for the various lawsuits he has instigated and the numerous investigations yet to arrive. My questions are, who did he get to do his bidding and who will go down for or with him?

08-04-2012, 05:26 AM
Hey fellas....is Daniels still there or did you guys take care of business?

08-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Daniels is dug in and is clearing the way for a Deputy Chief. He is supposed to bring in a friend or Bob Beaty.

08-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Daniels will fire Cruz so that he does not harm sam, use that vacancy to further justify a DC. And he is in bed with the FOP. They sold us out on comp time. They will not fight for anyone there. Oh and Karma is paying a visit to everyone!!!