PDA

View Full Version : SWAT

01-21-2012, 02:00 AM
Does your agency have a SWAT team? I have never seen one if you do have one.

If yes, where do your operators train or go to school?

01-22-2012, 12:19 AM
Nope, they talk about getting one all the time but the truth is they dont want the liability. They have guys that went to "SWAT" school 4 years ago and have never trained or done a mission that get to call themselves SWAT guys...the SGT's in charge are awesome and have the right ideas but unfortunately they'll never get a team under this administration...like everything else here its all smoke and mirrors just like we reduced crime by 37% padding stats much!

02-22-2012, 08:01 PM
Why are we still sending people to "SWAT" schools when we will never have a team? Additionally why is there no testing or qualifications to go to "SWAT" school, guys are just being told they are going? Don’t we need all need to go to the same school, if not at the same time at least to the same one so that we are all on the same page? Can we please get something together and do it right for once and not half ass. Sheeesh aren’t you guys tired of being looked at as a joke in the tri county area?

02-28-2012, 04:39 AM
Why are we still sending people to "SWAT" schools when we will never have a team? Additionally why is there no testing or qualifications to go to "SWAT" school, guys are just being told they are going? Don’t we need all need to go to the same school, if not at the same time at least to the same one so that we are all on the same page? Can we please get something together and do it right for once and not half ass. Sheeesh aren’t you guys tired of being looked at as a joke in the tri county area?
Jajaja! Are you kidding me? tired of being the joke of the county? Hell no..As long as city hall keeps paying us, we are good to go. I don't really care what others in the county think of us. We are still the best paid, best equitped..Do I sense a little bit of jealousy? hmmm..Maybe, maybe not. And SWAT at MGPD??? Yeah right. I see all those guys wearing their "SWAT" pin as if they were Navy Seals...jajaja they are a huge joke. Notice how the county conducts all of our search warrant and never use any of our "SWAT" guys...Now my friend, that is a joke...and no, I am not a hater...I'm already retired once and I'm just here for my 6 yrs of FRS so I could care less... My motto is "one call at a time".

03-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Jajaja! Are you kidding me? tired of being the joke of the county? Hell no..As long as city hall keeps paying us, we are good to go. I don't really care what others in the county think of us. We are still the best paid, best equitped..Do I sense a little bit of jealousy? hmmm..Maybe, maybe not. And SWAT at MGPD??? Yeah right. I see all those guys wearing their "SWAT" pin as if they were Navy Seals...jajaja they are a huge joke. Notice how the county conducts all of our search warrant and never use any of our "SWAT" guys...Now my friend, that is a joke...and no, I am not a hater...I'm already retired once and I'm just here for my 6 yrs of FRS so I could care less... My motto is "one call at a time".

You must be the fat guy that cannot complete SWAT training. Don't hate, do your 6 years and shut up.