PDA

View Full Version : FOP

01-11-2012, 01:16 AM
OK so what is really going on. Daniels could've stayed manager and McCready chief. Then we would have had a little budgetary savings. All we got was a couple days, are you kidding me? What is our president doing? Nothing at all from what I see. How about we pass out them blue cards and lets go back to the good times.

01-12-2012, 01:18 PM
With the back room discussions about making our take home car program into an assigned vehicle program, and given that the new commission is all against now since Rodriguez resigned, does our FOP have any plans to stop the bleeding? Cause if I know our president he has a plan. He' one of the sharoest tools in the shed.

01-12-2012, 04:56 PM
This is something to consider when thinking about benefits. Where does the city's money go? It is no secret that Daniels was hired by people with political agendas, not the pd's best interest in mind. He was told what to do and who to do it to. He fired Sajdak right out of the box without a detailed review of the case. Since then, Sajdak won his arbitration. The arbitrators order is supposed to be final and binding. The city did not like the decision and took it to the court system knowing they were going to lose. Now the arbitrator basically called Register, Pandolfi, and Marabotto liars. The chief brought another officer into the equation and used him to help get Mcvay. That is Molina. Now from what a prominent labor attorney said about the Sajdak thing is that no one appeals binding arbitration. So, soo a jugde will rule in favor of Sajdak and he will return to work. At that point the FOP should carefully evalute the cost of legal fees paid by the city on a bad case. That $$ could have been used to offset the 3% FRS tax.

Now we all know that the PAL girl Gittner is the subject of an IA where the chief is saying that she stole from the city. To my knowledge she has not been disciplined yet, but when she is there will be a great legal battle and more $$ spent to screw a cop instead of enhancing benefits. And when this one hits it's gonna cost the city a bunch. And Sajdaks case has had to have cost the city over 100k by now.

Now we all know that Mcvay got fired. He seems well connected with the PBA and I'm sure that was a witch hunt. I can't imagine him not getting his job back and costing the city a fortune in the process.

Dave Meadows is now under the gun and facing discipline in the form of a lengthy suspension. He made complaints against Daniels is what I heard and is the victim of retaliation. He has been around a long time and surely he will go the civil route and sue the city for the actions of Daniels.

All of the above will probably cost the city over 500k in legal fees alone. Why is the city so set on wating money to screw cops as opposed to enhancing benefits or not reducing them. It's an easy answer. The CFD wants to hurt anyone who supported their political opposition. That was crazy Oscar a few years ago. The people being hurt by these politically motivated actions will no doubt have a very strong civil case should they get together. Although these people may not do anything, and I dout that, they still could win a sizeable settlement or award. And there goes more money that could be used for benefits.

The larger issue is that these folks are on the poop list and their 112 rights are being violated. They remained in the PBA, and are being targeted by the FOP. The FOP field rep Puleo is a complainant. So then the FOP could and probably will be sued as well. It happened in Ft. Lauderdale and it was big. Google the Herald.

If that does not bother any of you remember that in all of our careers, we will be in a tight spot. Whether you like the guys I wrote about or not, it could and probably will be you.

The PD here has always been used and will continue to be used because of the sheepest mentality of most of us. No leaders at all currently existr in our PD and we all know it.

A word about Daniels. He was once an outspoken mighty union man. People at Boca don't think much of him at all. He perhaps has the biggest ego of all the chiefs we ever had. He is going to bring his wife onboard somehow, and rumor is he is having major financial issues in his personal life.

The commission we have now is made up of people who think we should not have a political voice at all. Don't let them fool you. Mccready is in bed with them somehow and he is chummy with Lozeman. Remamber lozeman always bashing our officers? Costa after he attacked a off duty cop etc... Lozeman knew everything. When Gittner was first made a Det for the PAL he showed up at a meeting calling her a coward. He told some he got that information from Mccready. He bashed Pandolfi to no end after a lawsuit then said he was the best chief ever. The point here is we have the same doing the same stuff that hurts the agency. He and Collins enjoy union protection but are not union driven.

All the people that are being targeted are going to win in the end, and much to the dislike like of some here, you better hope they do because it will raise the bar for job protection in a time when public sector workers rights are under attack.

01-13-2012, 02:21 PM
I agree the city is screwing cops and creating an environment that is not fun to work in anymore. If I don't like the guy or 2 girls I work with I just put on a plastic face. No one here is really tight with each other. So, why not leave each other alone. Or union reall sucks, and everybody knows it.

01-16-2012, 03:10 AM
I agree the city is screwing cops and creating an environment that is not fun to work in anymore. If I don't like the guy or 2 girls I work with I just put on a plastic face. No one here is really tight with each other. So, why not leave each other alone. Or union reall sucks, and everybody knows it.

MPDP just lost 118 cops and are still losing benefits. PBA is doing a lot worse than the FOP. Bottom line, nobody is doing well right now. We're doing better than most. And most everyone has been talking how better things have been here since McVay has left. The Commission is solid and pro police. There hasn't been ANY politicians interfering with the cops, like there was two yrs ago. We're getting new cars and laptops and things are looking up!!

01-16-2012, 10:46 PM

MPDP just lost 118 cops and are still losing benefits. PBA is doing a lot worse than the FOP. Bottom line, nobody is doing well right now. We're doing better than most. And most everyone has been talking how better things have been here since McVay has left. The Commission is solid and pro police. There hasn't been ANY politicians interfering with the cops, like there was two yrs ago. We're getting new cars and laptops and things are looking up!!

And how much more are we paying for health care? youre an idiot.

01-18-2012, 01:09 AM
Al Blake is controlling thed commission and was involved in the dismantaling of your pension years ago. so go ahead and believe what you want, but you're all fuked!!!

01-19-2012, 05:11 PM
You guys eat your own, no loyality or honor, you support those who give you gooddies, even if they are scrum and corrupt. The best that can happen to you aholes is being taken over by the Miami-Dade or the beach. most of you wouldn't make it, no loyality to present or past co-workers.

02-07-2012, 02:35 AM

And how much more are we paying for health care? youre an idiot.

Ok here is how it shakes out. The PBA filed some heavy law suits, grievances and PERC complaints against the county. The Commission and Mayor screwed the pooch. There will not be lay offs like the papers are reporting. you guys so screwed the pooch too. You are a bunch of sheep. Cowards, won't ever do the right thing.

02-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Its a shame that your mod censors input from the members of NBVPD. Typical of the admin there, big red from the county wouldn't have permitted that.He would have just drawn a cartoon to express his displeasure.

05-27-2012, 07:26 PM
viewtopic.php?f=297&t=133543 (http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=297&t=133543)

This is the guy Beaty reached out to when the FOP move was started. The Miami FOP president. And the snake reached out to the big fat dude from the beach FOP. Lies made the members support the move. Remember unlimited off duty? Well, here is the leadership break down. FOP general counsel Anthony Livoti facing 25 years in prison, assistant general counsel George Hatchigan decertified BSO for some serious stuff (look him up), and little fat Joe 0939 as a cop back at Ft. Lauderdale PD. The state lodge is broke! The PBA just added more lawyers and stopped the county in their tracks. Miami and NMB are joining the PBA very soon. N. Miami already did along with HGPD, who left for the FOP some time ago and lost their take home program.

So, if you think that anything can be gained by sticking together, think again. You'll never stick together because you are all sill drinking cool aid. Someone call the PBA and get interest cards so we can do a vote to get the PBA back. Or not, but don't complain when you get screwed more.