PDA

View Full Version : Interested in VA ST Police Academy

xnumbx
12-20-2011, 01:02 AM
I have some questions in general about the VA state police academy.

I'll start by saying I watched a few videos already on youtube. I am currently enrolling in college to take criminal justice classes and such to get a 2 yr degree in police science. Im also going back to the gym. Since being employed at my current place of work I have put on a few pounds so I understand I need to lose some weight.

I have always been generally decently athletic. I have never been skinny and I understand you have to be in a certain body fat % and such. ANybody have the specifics on that, and how exact you have to be on it?

Also what is the academy life like? Say I was to apply, is it given I will be accepted? IF I go and pass and everything, am I guranteed a job?

On the compass of the academy, do you get normal accomadations or is it boocamp style? Will you have to sleep in a room with 50 people? Do you have to shower with other people? Do you have a television?

Just looking for these questions in specific answer'd along with anything else you guys want to throw in, would be greatly appreciated in determining my future course of action. As is, I view the VA State police to be the highest possible goal I can set for myself. And I believe I can do it.

Hopefully someone can be of help to me on here. Thanks.