PDA

View Full Version : Chief leaving

12-19-2011, 03:10 PM
No matter what the newspaper reports that the chief has had to say it's pretty clear that he didn't respect patrol at the police department or the people that worked for him, this comes from the Ocala Star Banner reporting his retirement before telling his own people, and in most cases the officers found out from people from other agencies. No email, nothing. Thank you very little. Your true feelings towards the men and women that work for you are now known, ironically most of us already knew!

Now OPD it's time for change! We need it. This is our opportunity to turn things around and be the best department in the area, it's time for true leaders to step up and take the department in the right direction, Mayor Guinn has already started and it's time we get onboard! :)

12-22-2011, 12:16 AM
The ghost of your past is coming back. Some may want to pack your bags pdq!

12-23-2011, 02:06 PM
It's 50/50 at this point....lol :snicker:

01-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Mantis, whats your take on the newly appointed Chief? I read he use to be a D. Chief.

01-11-2012, 02:11 AM
He's been gone for three years and worked at a much larger agency, ask me again in a year and I will let you know. Compared to what we had though, he is a breath of fresh air and I look forward to a new era with OPD. He has an opportunity to really change this department for the good, and I want to be a part of it.

01-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Now, maybe the racial discrimination will go away all can work together as a team and work together. Oh, the good ole time are back.

01-26-2012, 03:45 PM
I sure hope so because what's been going on here the past few years has put us in a hole!

I just hope that some positive changes come soon, atleast we can get baited a little and get morale back up. :snicker: