PDA

View Full Version : So what's the deal?

12-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Website says your hiring, could it be true?

12-09-2011, 01:24 AM
Consider suicide before applying at USFPD

12-09-2011, 02:02 AM
Lol! Why is that? I heard it was a decent job...

12-12-2011, 02:44 PM
I saw that too, are they actually hiring and if so how many? How long does the process usually take?

01-20-2012, 06:24 PM
It's a VERY decent job. Don't let any sour apples on here fool you. Pay is OK and we have a take home car program now once you are done with your 3 year contract. Plenty of work and you can take time to look for what you like to police. Plenty of OT too if you want the extra money. Traffic work is highly appreciated here. We have a tactical unit with special toys and some other cool things. The chief takes care of us.

01-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Disclaimer:

The above post applies to the Tampa Campus.

St Pete Campus is very boring and has NO take home car program. No work so don't bother looking for anything, No OT so there's no extra money. NOTHING is appreciated!!! No tactical unit and no toys. The chief could care less :lol: .

01-21-2012, 10:34 PM
I interviewed in the beginning of December. I haven't heard anything yet so I am considering that to be a good thing at this point.

01-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Interviewed for which campus?

01-22-2012, 03:10 AM
I interviewed in the beginning of December. I haven't heard anything yet so I am considering that to be a good thing at this point.

Definately a REAL GOOD THING. Every day that passes without hearing anything at all makes you pretty much a shoe-in for the job. At about the 18 month mark of complete silence, just consider yourself hired and start showing up for roll-calls. Your so close my man, just hang in there.

01-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Interviewed for which campus?

Tampa

01-22-2012, 11:06 PM

Definately a REAL GOOD THING. Every day that passes without hearing anything at all makes you pretty much a shoe-in for the job. At about the 18 month mark of complete silence, just consider yourself hired and start showing up for roll-calls. Your so close my man, just hang in there.

You just can't leave this place can you. You've moved on, give it a break tough guy

02-10-2012, 02:54 PM
I see they are conducting oral board interviews in the next few weeks. Anyone know if they are looking to fill open positions or just trying to get a qualified pool for when vacancies come open. If they are loking to hire, how many, how quick...etc... Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

02-14-2012, 12:10 AM
The University of South Florida is reeling today after the Senate's budget recommendations over the weekend revealed a disproportionate cut to the school compared to other universities.

Of the $400 million recommended to be cut from the entire state university system, $79 million of that -- or 20 percent -- would come from USF.

02-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Budget cuts will do away with CID where at least one fine "investigator" would have to be dragged kicking and screaming to the road. :cop: