PDA

View Full Version : Future Opening?

09-10-2011, 03:43 AM
Hey; I applied to your department, and was wondering if your were any openings?

09-15-2011, 05:13 AM
Go apply at KWPD. It's a revolving door there... There admin sucks worse than anything on the planet...but they will hire you!!!!!!

09-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Thank you, I have done my research on that department, and you are right. Thanks again Be safe.

10-17-2011, 12:31 AM
JESUS! WHERE DO YOU OFFICERS LIVE?! After paying rent/mortgage down there you would have to brown bag it to work!

10-30-2011, 04:20 AM
Although we dont make as much as other Dept, we did get a raise this year and our jobs are secure. Its a fun place to work (depends on your attitude). keep trying. Good Luck. Oh yeah... the only thing I hate are the freekin brass Buckles.

11-12-2011, 04:33 PM
There are a very small minority of Deputies that come on here and post doom and gloom all the time. It's the same few Deputies that say the same crap at work and everyone knows who they are. Not all of us feel that way. There are a number of Deputies that have left for other agencies preaching as they left how MCSO was crap and how the grass was greener where they were going. I was tempted to follow one of my friends in the move too, but chickened out. Now I'm glad I didn't. Any of you that have spoken to them know that the majority of these agencies are going through tough times, major budget cuts, threats of layoffs, and low morale. The majority of the agencies didn't get raises in the past couple years like we did.. I'm not saying things are wonderful. Just that cops everywhere are going through tough times because of the budget cuts, so to get raises during these huge budget cuts was much appreciated . Anyone thinking of applying here don't take the posts of the small number of negative posts as an indication of the feelings of the majority of the employees.

11-12-2011, 04:46 PM
There are a very small minority of Deputies that come on here and post doom and gloom all the time. It's the same few Deputies that say the same crap at work and everyone knows who they are. Not all of us feel that way. There are a number of Deputies that have left for other agencies preaching as they left how MCSO was crap and how the grass was greener where they were going. I was tempted to follow one of my friends in the move too, but chickened out. Now I'm glad I didn't. Any of you that have spoken to them know that the majority of these agencies are going through tough times, major budget cuts, threats of layoffs, and low morale. The majority of the agencies didn't get raises in the past couple years like we did.. I'm not saying things are wonderful. Just that cops everywhere are going through tough times because of the budget cuts, so to get raises during these huge budget cuts was much appreciated . Anyone thinking of applying here don't take the posts of the small number of negative posts as an indication of the feelings of the majority of the employees.

We got a raise, but not much, after taxes it's not much. You love it cause you can't go anywhere else. Your probably one of our fatties that's even lucky to be a LEO.

11-12-2011, 05:09 PM
We got a raise, but not much, after taxes it's not much. You love it cause you can't go anywhere else. Your probably one of our fatties that's even lucky to be a LEO.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Anyone reading this can see someone who can ***** because they got multiple raises because they wanted bigger raises in these difficult times will never be happy. Why dont you go apply for a Miami agency instead of *****ing every single day how your life sucks. All public service is a target of the non public service civilians who are suffering just as we are because of the economy.. Posts like yours just fuel the fire for the ones that want to cut our budgets and pensions. You are the small minority of disgruntled PK Deputies. You also use the exact same verbage in these posts that you do when you ***** to us.. There are many of us that although things could be better, are humble and proud to wear the uniform especially seeing what the other agencies are going through.

11-13-2011, 01:04 AM

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Anyone reading this can see someone who can ***** because they got multiple raises because they wanted bigger raises in these difficult times will never be happy. Why dont you go apply for a Miami agency instead of *****ing every single day how your life sucks. All public service is a target of the non public service civilians who are suffering just as we are because of the economy.. Posts like yours just fuel the fire for the ones that want to cut our budgets and pensions. You are the small minority of disgruntled PK Deputies. You also use the exact same verbage in these posts that you do when you ***** to us.. There are many of us that although things could be better, are humble and proud to wear the uniform especially seeing what the other agencies are going through.

My life does not suck, where did I write that! You must be one of the fatties who can leave! And I don't work in PK. And I don't ever ***** at you, I do my job and do it well. Just saying the raise was small, should have just kept it. You are a sucker. I bet you work in the jail. Your proud to wear that uniform cause it's better working in dispatch right or burger king. Punk.

11-13-2011, 12:47 PM

My life does not suck, where did I write that! You must be one of the fatties who can leave! And I don't work in PK. And I don't ever ***** at you, I do my job and do it well. Just saying the raise was small, should have just kept it. You are a sucker. I bet you work in the jail. Your proud to wear that uniform cause it's better working in dispatch right or burger king. Punk.

Sir, with other local police agencies getting layoffs, 2 to 7 days off without pay, 13%, 20%, and almost 30% pay cuts, making a statement that they should have just kept the small percentage pay cuts we got the past few years is shocking. The name calling and additional comments you make insulting fat people, corrections deputies, dispatchers, and fast food workers show your immaturity. It does however make it easier to understand your *****ing about getting a raise. You will never be happy and you're the one that should leave. I too am proud of the uniform and I am proud to do this job every day. There are things I wish would improve, but you'll find that in any job. I think that the few that come on here and ***** constantly are the ones like you that make up the small percentage that have been disciplined for screwing up or cant have everything their way..

11-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Oops I meant to type pay raise instead of cuts in the reply above

"should have just kept the small percentage pay raises we got"

11-14-2011, 02:29 AM

Even with 20% 30% cuts, we still make more.

Sir, with other local police agencies getting layoffs, 2 to 7 days off without pay, 13%, 20%, and almost 30% pay cuts, making a statement that they should have just kept the small percentage pay cuts we got the past few years is shocking. The name calling and additional comments you make insulting fat people, corrections deputies, dispatchers, and fast food workers show your immaturity. It does however make it easier to understand your *****ing about getting a raise. You will never be happy and you're the one that should leave. I too am proud of the uniform and I am proud to do this job every day. There are things I wish would improve, but you'll find that in any job. I think that the few that come on here and ***** constantly are the ones like you that make up the small percentage that have been disciplined for screwing up or cant have everything their way..

11-14-2011, 08:10 PM
aside from the typcial complaining..Really, how do you and KWPD survive down there? I just looked at Craigslist for rentals, and damn near vomited. I would like to know how a husband/wife combo and then add kids survive on that cost of living.

11-15-2011, 02:17 AM
You don't. You pay out the rear end to live here. I work for KWPD. Half our department live with each other as "room mates" the other half are divorced, single, or on the way to being one of the two. We spend 50% or more of our pay on rent or mortgage. Some have gotten lucky with short sales, and have lower monthly bills. I have no clue how mcso does it. We barely have enough money left over in our paychecks for our boats, cars, planes, and other toys. If you have kids to pay for, and a wife and or husband, or partner, or dog, or cat, or pet chicken, then you will be working every detail available, never have a day off, become disgruntled, and hate life. I suggest you stay where you are. The cost of living alone is bad enough, let's not talk about agency politics...bottom line, come to Key West on vacation. Be part of the problem, not the solution. In other words, come here, party it up, and get the f$&@ outta here. It's a great place to visit, horrible place to live.

11-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the information

12-13-2011, 12:17 PM
I've noticed that too. Heck in Ft Laud, they told me I could start at 68K with five years full time exp. KWPD should start out at least $30/hour just to keep your head above water. And even then I think I'd like to spend 190 K on a house and not a single wide trailer. Much respect to you guys in the Keys. I think I'll look toward the mainland.