PDA

View Full Version : Oral Board Interview

09-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Took my Oral Board today with Lauderhill PD. Anybody know a good estimated time before you hear back? Any advice is helpful. Thank you.

09-03-2011, 01:08 PM
I had the Oral Board Also still waiting , Did they say how much positions were open?... Hopefully we get the call next week

09-03-2011, 10:38 PM
If you passed they will contact you. If not, then Banks will NEVER contact you.

09-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Banks,really dude, where the hell have you been for the last 2 yrs...as for you 2 GOOBERS, good luck. you just sold your souls to the DEVIL!!! :evil:

09-04-2011, 01:03 AM
They didn't tell me how many spots were open. I feel pretty good about my interview. I felt I owned every question they asked. Hopefully I hear something back soon. Good luck to everybody else.

09-04-2011, 03:13 AM
They didn't tell me how many spots were open. I feel pretty good about my interview. I felt I owned every question they asked. Hopefully I hear something back soon. Good luck to everybody else.

son,all I can tell you is if you have any other chances to go any where's else,do it...just take the time to read some of our postings from before,and you will see what your heading for.be smart.you look into the p.d. and think about what is best for you!!it's not just about being a cop,it's about the rest of you LIFE...good luck to you!

09-08-2011, 04:34 AM
Those of you that had your oral board, when did you apply? I applied 3 weeks ago, and have yet to hear anything. Just curious about their timeline.

09-09-2011, 04:18 AM
Those of you that had your oral board, when did you apply? I applied 3 weeks ago, and have yet to hear anything. Just curious about their timeline.

I turned in my application the first week of June. The guy who interviewed before me applied in April.

09-09-2011, 08:28 PM
HR dont like when people post on here so they will look your application up and deny you a job.

09-14-2011, 09:29 PM
Has anybody heard back since the interview?

09-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Has anybody heard back since the interview?

Not here. Maybe no news is good news?

09-15-2011, 12:51 AM
Nothing yet either, hopefully we hear something soon.

09-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Hey anyone hear anything back yet on the Oral Board ??? :cop:

10-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Hey anyone hear anything back yet on the Oral Board ??? :cop:

Still nothing.

10-18-2011, 04:13 AM
Has anyone heard anything?

I had my interview almost a month ago. The lady told me they still had a lot of applications to go through (and pointed at a pretty big stack of papers) before they start calling people back. I just didn't think it would take this long.

10-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Has anyone heard anything?

I had my interview almost a month ago. The lady told me they still had a lot of applications to go through (and pointed at a pretty big stack of papers) before they start calling people back. I just didn't think it would take this long.

It's good to know someone else is in the same position as I am. I had my oral board over a month ago. I know most departments send out a "Thanks, but no thanks" letter if you failed. I just want to know either way. I feel like I completely owned my oral board.

10-19-2011, 06:28 PM
I thought I was alone as well. I took the lady out for coffee too thinking it would score me extra points but it looks as though she just used me for my coffee. My interview was last week and nothing yet, I'm shocked.

10-21-2011, 02:46 PM
I thought I was alone as well. I took the lady out for coffee too thinking it would score me extra points but it looks as though she just used me for my coffee. My interview was last week and nothing yet, I'm shocked.

Only a week ago? Man. I thought they only did interviews the day I went. The first week of September.

10-26-2011, 03:09 AM

Only a week ago? Man. I thought they only did interviews the day I went. The first week of September.

He's being sarcastic...

Mine was 3rd week of september, and I was told they still had a bunch more to go.

11-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Has anyone heard anything from this agency regarding employment?

11-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Advise at the Oral Board that you are not the type of person to shoot at your fellow officer. That should go a long way.

11-18-2011, 03:35 AM
Has anyone heard anything from this agency regarding employment?

Nothing yet...

Has anyone tried calling them to see whats up?

01-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Anyone hear anything back since the oral board?

I was just told that I passed the oral board a couple months ago, but haven't heard anything else.

01-22-2012, 06:28 PM

I was just told that I passed the oral board a couple months ago, but haven't heard anything else.

Same situation here. Took my oral board in September, was told I would go on to the next step and would hear about details in 2-3 weeks. Haven't heard anything.

01-23-2012, 04:56 PM

Same situation here. Took my oral board in September, was told I would go on to the next step and would hear about details in 2-3 weeks. Haven't heard anything.
I think they hired everyone from that list. I heard back with a job offer first week of October.

01-23-2012, 07:02 PM
so when did you start...and do you like the city

01-25-2012, 12:24 AM
so when did you start...and do you like the city
Great city, you should reapply.

01-28-2013, 10:14 PM
I know this is an Oral Board Interview discussion but I was hoping someone could shed some light on the 10 year detailed earnings report that is requested. I seem to be getting two different answers from SS and HR. Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks.