PDA

View Full Version : Detention Deputy

07-28-2011, 02:29 AM
I am interested in applying for the position of Detention Deputy. I am already certified with experience. How is the jail operations run, do you work 12's , does administration support the Deputies and what kind of equipment do you carry? Thanks, any info would be appreciated.

08-12-2011, 07:40 PM
On the most serious level, working in this jail is the *WORST* decision I have ever made. The last 5 years of my life have been the most miserable I have ever been. Morale is low, supervisors hold grudges, and they promote some real idiots. The people who do the least get the most recognition. "Really embraces the concept of corrections" is a phrase I heard from a supervisor about another worthless deputy... I cannot fathom how even the most unintelligent person cannot embrace the concept of corrections.

I cannot say enough to warn you from working here. I hear the road (SNP) is great, but the jail is beyond ****ed up. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. I'm going back to the state soon.

11-23-2011, 08:13 AM
On the most serious level, working in this jail is the *WORST* decision I have ever made. The last 5 years of my life have been the most miserable I have ever been. Morale is low, supervisors hold grudges, and they promote some real idiots. The people who do the least get the most recognition. "Really embraces the concept of corrections" is a phrase I heard from a supervisor about another worthless deputy... I cannot fathom how even the most unintelligent person cannot embrace the concept of corrections.

I cannot say enough to warn you from working here. I hear the road (SNP) is great, but the jail is beyond ****ed up. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. I'm going back to the state soon.

This guy is right. Unless you are black or have the asskissing ability to be one of the golden children, don't bother. Eslinger could give two shits about what goes on in here. Seriously, the blacks run this place and stick together, and intentionally go out of there way to burn you. Not racist at all, just the facts. If you're an asskisser, you'll make it. This is the worst jail in Central Florida and I've worked the Lake and Orange.