PDA

View Full Version : Promo Exam

07-09-2011, 11:57 PM
I know this year they did away with the seperate tests for Investigators, Corporal, &Sgt's., and they combined them into one test. The questions on the test this year, in my opinion weighed more to Investigator questions with very few traffic or law questions, other than degrees of charges on crimes. The score results seem to relfect this. Not a gripe, just an observation.

07-10-2011, 01:57 AM
It's obvious they didn't like any of the candidates on last years promotion list to fill the vacant Cpl. spot, or they would have filled it before the new results came out this July. Will be interesting to see who gets promoted next.

07-10-2011, 02:10 AM
A field of good candidates in this one.

07-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Why do we need to memorize what degree felony or misdemeanor a crime is? We need to know whether something is a misdemeanor or felony, but the degree of the charge is an issue the prosecutor, defense, and judge need to know for sentencing guidelines. There is no time when the degree of the charge is an issue while in the field making a decision whether or not to arrest. You'd think with a campus full of PhDs, they could find someone with a background in exam construction. Maybe they could put questions on the test that actually measure one's ability to be a supervisor?
Anyone who thinks it is necessary to know the degree of a charge has never actually done any police work.

07-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Unless someone in command staff leaves this year, there is only one Corporal spot open.

07-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Looking at the list I guess we should all stand by for the INFORMATIVE E-MAILS in various attention grabbing fonts and colors . :cop:

07-12-2011, 08:55 AM
Haha that's very funny. People underestimate the importance of administrative skills in police work, as well as the importance of the ability to communicate via the written word. Just because YOU don't appreciate the creative style, doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way. A real law enforcement leader can communicate via emails in the modern age of police work, so shut up.

07-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Haha that's very funny. People underestimate the importance of administrative skills in police work, as well as the importance of the ability to communicate via the written word. Just because YOU don't appreciate the creative style, doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way. A real law enforcement leader can communicate via emails in the modern age of police work, so shut up.

A desk jockey, Patrol scared, e mail producer, has the same chance as an Officer who spent most of their carreer here on the street not AVOIDING IT (look I can write creative emails, and I didnt even make the list) :devil:

08-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Looking at the other topic about promotionsI guess someone with great investigative skills didn't get promoted.

08-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Looking at the other topic about promotionsI guess someone with great investigative skills didn't get promoted.
If you are referring to 65, although some of those statements may hold some validity, you are barking up the wrong tree, this is not the place to do this. But to help with "your investigative skills" try harder before you call some one out on an anonymous forum, they might just sign their name.