PDA

View Full Version : Hiring

06-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Turned application in April 2011. What's the usual turn around

06-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Ur lucky to hear anything by Dec from what city hall told me, I don't even think I wanna work for these clowns no more

06-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Ur lucky to hear anything by Dec from what city hall told me, I don't even think I wanna work for these clowns no more

Good. Because we write police reports. We do not text them. Get rid of the cell phone and practice English.

06-19-2011, 05:48 PM

If you had a decent cjbat score and turned in everything correctly, you should have been mailed a letter regarding scheduling your oral board interview already.

06-19-2011, 09:10 PM

If you had a decent cjbat score and turned in everything correctly, you should have been mailed a letter regarding scheduling your oral board interview already.

Thanks. I scored a 95% on the CJBAT and I have 8 years Military service.

06-20-2011, 12:24 AM

Thanks. I scored a 95% on the CJBAT and I have 8 years Military service.

If you haven't gotten a letter in the mail then, i suggest contacting Human Resources.

06-21-2011, 04:16 AM
Anyone know how many are going to be hired?

06-21-2011, 04:53 AM
Anyone know how many are going to be hired?

It depends on how many of us will be fired. Now please call the Recruiting unit it will give them something to do.

07-15-2011, 11:54 AM

Good. Because we write police reports. We do not text them. Get rid of the cell phone and practice English.

HA! love it. What did city hall tell you bud? FLPD is one of the most sought after departments in the state. If youre looking for a busy dept. with a lot to do and competetive pay this is it. If you want great pay and nothing to do, wait four or so more years on the waiting list for coral springs.

08-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Have any of you guys continued in the process with the current hiring?

08-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Does anyone know if FLPD takes applications from individuals who are currently in the academy, but not currently in possession of their FDLE certificate?

08-13-2011, 04:53 PM
They do take the app., but you would still be considered non-certified until you pass and get your certificate.

08-17-2011, 07:45 PM
I applied at the end of April, and have my oral board interview is coming up in 2 weeks.

I scheduled it back in the middle of June, and the beginning of September was the earliest I could get it.

08-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Those with interviews scheduled, are you certified or not certified? Just curious.

08-19-2011, 11:53 PM
Certified and interview next week.

08-23-2011, 03:04 AM
non-certified

08-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Who cares?

non-certified

08-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Who cares?

non-certified

If you dont care then why take the time to comment? You make us all look like immature fools.

08-25-2011, 04:21 AM
Who cares?

non-certified

The person that asked this:

Those with interviews scheduled, are you certified or not certified? Just curious.

08-26-2011, 12:35 AM
You are a fool,,,,, WHO CARES

Who cares?

non-certified

The person that asked this:

09-06-2011, 06:16 PM
I had my interview last week, and passed. However, when they took me upstairs to talk to the BI, he was pretty straightforward. He said that my score does not put me in the top 5, and he's not sure exactly which rank I fall in. I would get a letter in the mail in a couple weeks stating my rank.

However, he said that they have a "very limited" number of spots left, and that they have more than enough people in the process already. He said he highly doubts that enough people will fall out of the process in order for them to process people outside of the top five rank.

He pretty much summed it up as "apply again in 6 months when you're taken off the eligibilty list, and keep on applying elsewhere."

09-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Don't give up....... south Florida is a tuff area to get on with a dept right now not enough jobs lots of canidates....I hear depts all across Texas are hiring big time... what did you score on your cjbat and oral?

09-06-2011, 08:31 PM
why dont you all meet in a bath house

Certified and interview next week.

09-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Don't give up....... south Florida is a tuff area to get on with a dept right now not enough jobs lots of canidates....I hear depts all across Texas are hiring big time... what did you score on your cjbat and oral?

Definitely not giving up. I'm still applying elsewhere.

I originally scored a 88 on the CJBAT, which is not great. I then retook the CJBAT (after submitting my application) and scored a 95. HR told me I could bring in my new score to the interview and they would update it then. When I completed the interview, the BI said that he has to go with the original 88 that was submitted with the initial application. He said they have to process the original documents that were submitted, and cannot take updates.

Had I known that, I would have waited before submitting my application. I was just worried they would stop taking applications before I could retake the CJBAT. Don't mean to sound like I'm whinning, I'm not. I take complete fault for rushing to apply, before getting a better score.

Don't recall the oral board score, but the overall combined score was a 81. Not that great either. I don't think the extra 7 points on the CJBAT would've put me in the top 5, but I'm sure it would bump me up a couple ranks. It was a good lesson for my next interview though.

09-07-2011, 01:24 AM
You might want to consider the self sponsor route at Miami or palm beach police academy then reapply as a certified candidate..Due to retirements, and officers getting fired there will always be openings down here at Flpd and most Depts.....

09-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Just received my letter. Application was submitted in August and interview is scheduled for March.

09-27-2011, 03:13 AM
Goddamn, March? Yeah, i didn't make a high enough rank either. I was thinking of reapplying in December when my six months are up. Hell, they must be hiring a crap load, the job opening has been up since April, and they are still doing interviews :|

09-27-2011, 03:25 AM
I start on Jan 9 2012

09-27-2011, 06:14 AM
You know how many they have hired and how many they plan on hiring by any chance?

10-26-2011, 12:02 AM
what is the qualifications to get on with flpd? im a correctional officer wanting to go into law enforcement

10-26-2011, 05:01 AM
what is the qualifications to get on with flpd? im a correctional officer wanting to go into law enforcement

Be a thief, cheat on your wife, have her shoot at you, smoke good cigars, enough about me what was the question

10-29-2011, 04:46 PM
how hard it is to get hired on with flpd? what is the cost of living there compared to north florida?

11-01-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm looking to start out my career. I head FLPD is a great place to start out, get training and a ton of experience within a few years because of how busy it is. Couple people have told me the turnover is horrible and that it is a training department for young guys. How true is this? Do a lot of officers actually make a full career out of FLPD?

11-01-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm looking to start out my career. I head FLPD is a great place to start out, get training and a ton of experience within a few years because of how busy it is. Couple people have told me the turnover is horrible and that it is a training department for young guys. How true is this? Do a lot of officers actually make a full career out of FLPD?
Flpd will always be hiring due to the extremely high turnover rate. There are some great cops at Flpd and some that need a nice attitude adjustment. If you have military experience you should OK. As far as the turnover rate, other agency's attractive pay and benefits might be the issue with that.

11-02-2011, 12:22 AM
I'm certified and have military experience. I also scored an 86 on my oral board, what are my chances on moving foward in the process?

11-02-2011, 12:37 AM
what a jerk

I'm certified and have military experience. I also scored an 86 on my oral board, what are my chances on moving foward in the process?

11-12-2011, 10:49 PM
I am an out of state candidate from Rhode Island and have my interview in december. Im trying to figure out of long i should plan on staying down there for this process. Can anybody explain the process for an out of state applicant? Im in a part time academy right now for Plymouth County Sheriff in MA. i got a terrible score of 85 on my cjbat. im a college graduate. what are things looking like for someone in my position. should i risk my enrolment in my intermittent academy for an interview with FLPD. let me know your thoughts. thank you in advance.

11-12-2011, 10:59 PM
See a doctor right away. Grow up

I am an out of state candidate from Rhode Island and have my interview in december. Im trying to figure out of long i should plan on staying down there for this process. Can anybody explain the process for an out of state applicant? Im in a part time academy right now for Plymouth County Sheriff in MA. i got a terrible score of 85 on my cjbat. im a college graduate. what are things looking like for someone in my position. should i risk my enrolment in my intermittent academy for an interview with FLPD. let me know your thoughts. thank you in advance.