PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on with the posted LEO positions?

06-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Whats the deal what the April posted LEO positions? Are they doing anything wih them or it's hurry up and wait.This waiting stinks.

06-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Whats the deal what the April posted LEO positions? Are they doing anything wih them or it's hurry up and wait.This waiting stinks.

Patience Grasshopper....

It took me a year and a half to get my first LEO job. Then it took 7 months to get the background done before I was hired. It wasn't with this agency, but it still took a long time.

06-12-2011, 03:22 AM
Take some free advice. Do a ride along there first before applying for a job. See if being a glorified security guard with arrest powers is what you want to do. Wacken Hut Security pays more than they do with better benefits. If you do decide to work there you better be good at wearing knee pads and being a receiever. The admin for the exception of a couple guys will only stick in your _ _ _ every chance they get to score points with the Deputy Chief Totten.

06-12-2011, 06:47 AM
If you want to work at FAUPD I want to you do the following exercise for a week. Have someone kick you in the balls for a week straight once a day. If you want pain worse than that than join the department. This pain will be from morons named Totten, Lowe, Friedmen, Boxer, Brammer, and that super moron Jones. Audrey was a FDLE Dispatcher that somehow became an FDLE Agent. Our great FHP leaders wanted to get in her pants and got her a job as a Major making over 70k a year. She walks around like a diva, yet is a joke. The rest of the cowards were all going to leave because they were weak when put under pressure. Now they have titles but are just so weak it is really pathetic.
Do not drink the juice.

06-22-2011, 01:18 PM
You guys are rough.
Having been "on the job," what agency has an admin no one complains about? Just read these boards it's the same old story complaining about their admin. Yes, some are "better" than others. I would rather get kicked in the b*lls and bent over with an agency getting paid than seeing my bank acct getting kicked in the b*lls.
When did Wackenhut (G4S) - or whoever they are is this week - starting getting better pay and benefits than a PD. Most people I know have used them as a carry over job. I'm not slamming but did I miss something.

06-24-2011, 01:46 AM
You guys are rough.
Having been "on the job," what agency has an admin no one complains about? Just read these boards it's the same old story complaining about their admin. Yes, some are "better" than others. I would rather get kicked in the b*lls and bent over with an agency getting paid than seeing my bank acct getting kicked in the b*lls.
When did Wackenhut (G4S) - or whoever they are is this week - starting getting better pay and benefits than a PD. Most people I know have used them as a carry over job. I'm not slamming but did I miss something.

You obviously have not worked in a setting like this. Yes, you are correct about the admin complaining. This is way different than what you may be thinking about. If you work at FAU PD as an Officer, you will never make more than your starting pay of $38,000 per year. Do the math and you can figure your hourly rate. You will work yourself in to the ground to make more money or overtime as they call it. That is cool for the younger guys who are new to this job. What you missed, is you are pursueing a sinking ship. If you are not in an administrative position, you are not worthy of anything but punishment. Their admin get all the perks, take home cars, high salaries, several hour lunches. The list goes on and on. Heres a suggestion for you, speak to the union rep. He is about the honest guy you will speak to. Ask him what it is like to work their. You will get a real good explanation. My suggestion, stop waisting your time!

07-08-2011, 09:30 PM
You guys are rough.

You obviously have not worked in a setting like this. Yes, you are correct about the admin complaining. This is way different than what you may be thinking about. If you work at FAU PD as an Officer, you will never make more than your starting pay of $38,000 per year. Do the math and you can figure your hourly rate. You will work yourself in to the ground to make more money or overtime as they call it. That is cool for the younger guys who are new to this job. What you missed, is you are pursueing a sinking ship. If you are not in an administrative position, you are not worthy of anything but punishment. Their admin get all the perks, take home cars, high salaries, several hour lunches. The list goes on and on. Heres a suggestion for you, speak to the union rep. He is about the honest guy you will speak to. Ask him what it is like to work their. You will get a real good explanation. My suggestion, stop waisting your time!

Nark is pretty on the money with everything he said.

07-23-2011, 12:45 AM
That sucks... I received an email from HR saying someone else was chosen for the Davie LEO position. Not even an interview!!! I thought I had a great deal to offer the Dept. but I guess someone else had more to however you define that. Sounds like the position was filled before it was open.

OK Nark...I know what your thing " ...I told you so...why are you still bothering?" I hate where Im working nothing but wannabes and know-it-alls. I would rather be beaten down by Admin than having wannabes and know-it-alls irritate the hell out of me. Davie would have been nice but Jupiter will do fine. I quess I have to wait and see if I get one of the Jupiter spots -- if they call me.

OK Nark don't hurt me to much...