PDA

View Full Version : Mall Cerfew?

06-07-2011, 08:55 AM
What is the deal with the Aventura Mall cerfew? My 19 year old son and my 17 year old niece that's visiting from Europe wanted to go and watch a movie last Friday. They were treated like criminals. My son had his ID on him but my niece left her passport at home. I was told that some idiot security guard that was dressed in all black and posing as a police officer named "Gomez" accordingto his name tag started giving them a hard time because they wanted to see a movie. He was rude and obnoxious. When they asked him why they need to show him an ID to see a movie that was not rated R, he told them not to worry why and to leave the question asking up to him. When I heard this, I felt like driving down there and reporting him to the REAL police. I personally went there the next night to go to the movies and sure enough, they had more mall security at the enterance of the movies than at Fort Knox. There was one police car parked near by with no police officer in it. I figured out that is how this "Gomez" tricks people into thinking he is a cop!

Is this even legal? How can a business turn away a person that wants a service that cannot be provided by any other means other than physically being there? I am furious! I will be calling the Better Business Bureau and the ACLU! I assure you, I have the money to burn and I will not let this city turn into a city of fake police and unconstitutional policies!

06-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Unfortunately this is one of those scenarios where a few bad apples ruin it for the bunch.

The younger populace of non swimming democrats from surrounding areas have ruined it for all. We cannot address them directly for fear of reprisal from the ACLU or NAACP. We are forced to turn a blind eye to the real issue.

So because they screw it up for themselves, they end up screwing it up for everyone.

Welcome to politically correct America.

06-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Unfortunately this is one of those scenarios where a few bad apples ruin it for the bunch.

The younger populace of non swimming democrats from surrounding areas have ruined it for all. We cannot address them directly for fear of reprisal from the ACLU or NAACP. We are forced to turn a blind eye to the real issue.

So because they screw it up for themselves, they end up screwing it up for everyone.

Aventura mall used to be such a nice mall. The aquatically challenged democrats you speak of were not there several years ago. They have infested the area. If Aventura does not step up it's game I am afraid that it will face the same fate as the rest of the area to the south. The mall security at the mall is all democratic as well. I have never seen anyone there that is of non-democratic origin. I was there last week and I asked a security guard for directions to Starbucks and he looked at me like as if I had asked him to solve the mystery of the pyramids. I could not understand anything he was saying and I just walked away. I dont know what the owners are thinking.

06-09-2011, 01:57 AM
First of all learn how to spell, it is curfew not cerfew. Second, it must suck to be you now, since you are the NEW minority in your own back yard. :D

06-09-2011, 07:03 AM
First of all learn how to spell, it is curfew not cerfew. Second, it must suck to be you now, since you are the NEW minority in your own back yard. :D

At least you know who's yard it is. Landlords have been known to go the distance to protect what is theirs. :twisted:

06-09-2011, 02:29 PM

Oh great, Im guessing you are aquatically challenged yourself no doubt.

So its cool that one of the largest sources of revenue in your city is going to eventually be destroyed because the people doing it are as scared of the water as you are?

You remember that retard when your city is laying people off and tearing your pension apart because Aventura becomes another Opa Locka....its all good in da hood my brother. Dont worry me none, my ass up da fuk outa dis joint soon!!

06-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Officer Gomez works for APD and is a fine officer. Mr. Soffer hires the best officers to run the mall. We take great pride in the laws for the weekend at mall.

06-09-2011, 09:41 PM
You better not be speeding or running red lights when I'm on duty, because you definitely will not have money to burn when I'm done with you. :cop:

06-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Take your money to burn and buy yourself some spelling lessons. You should also spend a couple of bucks so someone can teach your niece some common sense, so she doesn't leave the house again without identification. Too bad money can't buy brains and common sense.

06-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Sorry spelling teacher......can you tell me what country you live in?

Would that happen to be Russia?

Since when the fuk are American citizens required to carry their ID? Has the constitution been suspended in Aventura? Yes, when you drive a car you must because some idiot decided driving was a privilege and not a right. But walking down the street or through a mall or scratching my nuts at a bus stop, not only do I not have to have ID on me, I'm not required to give it to any form of law enforcement just because they want me to.

Idiots that overstep their boundaries and constantly forget that its us that serves the public, not the other way around....thats why the public hates us so much.

06-10-2011, 11:52 PM
Truth Teller
I never said that it was a law that you had to have ID on you when leaving the house or that you have to hand it over to a law enforcement official. Having ID on you is just a prudent thing to do. What if she would have been in some sort of accident and they needed to ID her or contact a next of kin, what then?

06-16-2011, 03:36 PM
The rule is that a person under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 21. According to your post your niece was being accompanied by a person under 21 and had no identification. Yes we do have the right to ask for ID and if you have none then you may be asked to leave. The mall is PRIVATE PROPERTY and management reserves the right to refuse service to any person. In this case your niece having no identification and being with a person under 21 was breaking mall policy and was asked to leave.

As for the security officer or police officer having an attitude. Well I guarantee you that this was a result of your family member having a an attitude first. Mall security and police have to deal with trouble makers acting like idiots all day long and have little tolerance for stupidity. You act stupid and you will be treated accordingly. You act humble and respectful then you may get a break and go on to see your movie.

The reason for this curfew is not to give kids a hard time. Unfortunately there has been a lot of incidents in the mall involving juveniles. (persons under the age of 18). Kids would come to the mall and act stupid. There were fights, assaults, robberies, theft, burglary to cars in the parking lot you name it. And the majority of these crimes were being performed by juveniles. So the mall stepped up and placed this curfew and security alongside with the police enforce the rules. This rule is for the safety of mall patrons and employees. It was implemented so that people can come enjoy what the mall has to offer without fear of being harassed or robbed.

06-17-2011, 04:33 AM
Nice post mall security.You officers have a hard enough job dealing with the Juvie's.Trust I know I work at JDC so keep up the good work.

06-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Mall Security Officer, I dont disagree with anything you said except for the fact that it ignores the underlying problem.

06-21-2011, 03:57 AM
I have the money to burn and I will not let this city turn into a city of fake police and unconstitutional policies!

TO THIS ABOVE POSTER.INSTEAD OF TRYING TO GRAND STANDING ON YOUR KEY BOARD.WHY DON'T YOU TAKE YOUR MONEY TO BURN AND HELP OUT HOMELESS CHILDREN,OR SICK CHILDREN.PUT YOUR MONEY TO GOOD USE.HATE TO SAY IT. IN THIS DAY AN AGE YOU NEED TO CARRY ID BY LAW IF A PERSON DOESN'T HAVE ID ON THEM. TO VERIFY WHO THEY ARE,THEY CAN BE DETAIN BY LAW ENFORCEMENT.SAD WORLD I KNOW,BUT AFTER 9-11 ALOT OF THINGS HAVE CHANGED.

HOMELESS PARENT.

06-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Homeless Parent.

1) You are an idiot.

2) It is not required that you carry ID on you in this country unless youre driving a vehicle, boarding a plane or going through a port of entry. Going to the movies is not a time when ID is required.

3) In this country the OP's wages and income is theirs to do what they want. If they want to spend it on attorneys, wipe their a$$ or burn it in a fireplace, they can use it any way they like. Money grubbing parasites have bled enough from the hard working people of this country.......screw them, let them starve.

4) You are an idiot. Youre so stupid I had to say it twice.

06-22-2011, 12:30 AM
Homeless Parent.

1) You are an idiot.

2) It is not required that you carry ID on you in this country unless youre driving a vehicle, boarding a plane or going through a port of entry. Going to the movies is not a time when ID is required.

3) In this country the OP's wages and income is theirs to do what they want. If they want to spend it on attorneys, wipe their a$$ or burn it in a fireplace, they can use it any way they like. Money grubbing parasites have bled enough from the hard working people of this country.......screw them, let them starve.

4) You are an idiot. Youre so stupid I had to say it twice.

GUEST I CAN'T WAIT TO YOU LOSE YOUR JOB,HOUSE,INSURANCE ,AND FAMILY.THAN YOU PUT YOUR HAND OUT FOR HELP I HOPE SOME SPITS IN IT.I HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE KIDS.I KNOW YOU GO TO CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY.CHECK THE LAW IDIOT YOU DO NEED ID ON YOU.BUT YOU CAN'T TELL BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE STRAW SO FAR UP YOUR NOSE.

06-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Please show me the state statute, county or city ordinance that requires I carry an ID when going to the movies?

Secondly, I dont go to church. God is a lie for weak minded people.

Lastly, Ive been down and out.....I do have children. When I was down, I turned to people that wanted to help me, friends and family. I didnt expect the government to steal money out of other peoples pocket to give it to me. Last year my wife and I paid over $78,000 in federal income taxes.....most of which is used to give to other people that are too lazy to get off their a$$ to work themselves. Im not giving anymore of my money to parasites.

06-23-2011, 04:09 AM
Last year my wife and I paid over $78,000 in federal income taxes..

Let me thank you oh great GUEST.FYI i don't get money from welfare I chose to be homeless.Funny the 15 years I was in the ARMY I was protecting your freedom.Only to become homeless ,due the VA turns it's back on it's VETS.I could get a job if some would hire me. Since I only have half a face, the other half I left in IRAG.MAY KIDS THINK THAT ILOOK LIKE A MONSTER.Maybe you should have joined the military instead of hiding and going to college on A grant from the GOVT.

06-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Oh shut up idiot.

You left your brain in "irag".

Homeless internet user....dumba$$.

10-15-2011, 09:32 PM
Mall security and police have to deal with trouble makers acting like idiots all day long and have little tolerance for stupidity. You act stupid and you will be treated accordingly. You act humble and respectful then you may get a break and go on to see your movie.

You are a moron.

You just proved the point that most of these people were trying to make. What you are saying is that the mall has set up a policy that basically screens black people from going to the movies BUT, if you act humble and respectful you "may get a break".

Secondly the Aventura police are in no way shape or form requiered by law to enforce retarded mall policy. As a matter of fact you will never find a uniformed police officer enforcing anything other than what is found in the Florida Statutes. Private mall policy that encurages racial discrimination is probably on top of the list of items that the Aventura Police Dept. wont touch with a 1,000 foot pole.

Finally, Mr. "Mall Security Officer", you are smart enough to use whole sentences when you type so I am going to assume you are one of the tier 2 officers. Just a bit of advice, you are a security officer just like the rest of the aquatically challenged morons that work with you. Stop trying to be something you are not. 3 days of tier 2 training does not make you special, it makes you even more of target for laughs, have a nice day :D !

11-13-2011, 05:03 PM
[quote="A Mall Security Officer":20jkz6og]Mall security and police have to deal with trouble makers acting like idiots all day long and have little tolerance for stupidity. You act stupid and you will be treated accordingly. You act humble and respectful then you may get a break and go on to see your movie.

You are a moron.

You just proved the point that most of these people were trying to make. What you are saying is that the mall has set up a policy that basically screens black people from going to the movies BUT, if you act humble and respectful you "may get a break".

Secondly the Aventura police are in no way shape or form requiered by law to enforce retarded mall policy. As a matter of fact you will never find a uniformed police officer enforcing anything other than what is found in the Florida Statutes. Private mall policy that encurages racial discrimination is probably on top of the list of items that the Aventura Police Dept. wont touch with a 1,000 foot pole.

Finally, Mr. "Mall Security Officer", you are smart enough to use whole sentences when you type so I am going to assume you are one of the tier 2 officers. Just a bit of advice, you are a security officer just like the rest of the aquatically challenged morons that work with you. Stop trying to be something you are not. 3 days of tier 2 training does not make you special, it makes you even more of target for laughs, have a nice day :D ![/quote:20jkz6og]

You are an idiot.
You say that mall policies target black people? Well if the shoe fits wear it homeboy!!!
You are the typical ***** GANGSTA that we look out for the one that if a shopper is not careful will take the shopper's wallet or break into their cars. We will be looking for you homie.

12-01-2011, 01:21 PM
The mall curfew policy works. More families are returning to the mall to watch movies because there are no longer groups of juveniles running around unsupervised.

As for the policy targeting Blacks? Please explain. The policy is equally enforced regardless of race. If you don't have ID you don't get to see a movie with out someone over the age of 21 with a photo ID.

"Finally, Mr. "Mall Security Officer", you are smart enough to use whole sentences when you type so I am going to assume you are one of the tier 2 officers. Just a bit of advice, you are a security officer just like the rest of the aquatically challenged morons that work with you. Stop trying to be something you are not. 3 days of tier 2 training does not make you special, it makes you even more of target for laughs, have a nice day !"

To Mr. Night Stick, I am not "Mall Security Officer" nor a Tier II but as for being a security officer, I enjoy it and make enough money to live a very comfortable lifestyle and I know my station in life and have no problem with it and do my job the best I can with pride.

01-08-2012, 11:21 PM

LOL @NON SWIMMING DEMOCRATS .... JUST SAY WHAT U WANT SAY... THREE INCHES

01-14-2012, 12:43 PM
I go to the mall when I want to go to the mall. If someone gets in my way, they get their face slapped sideways. If they try to get gnarly with me after I slap their face sideways, I kick him into a coma. When he spends his day in a wheelchair eating his meals thru a straw, then he can meditate on what he did wrong by stepping up to me.

05-23-2012, 01:33 PM
[youtube:2xg55r8a]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzu0Y3x12xI[/youtube:2xg55r8a]

12-09-2012, 12:57 AM
Officer Gomez works for APD and is a fine officer. Mr. Soffer hires the best officers to run the mall. We take great pride in the laws for the weekend at mall.

Gomez works for APD........ LOL! Make sure you buy him a fresh pair of knee pads for Christmas because it sounds like he is "working" real well for APD. :devil: A nice pair of tactical knee pads from the SWAT team will probably last him several months while he "works" for APD.

I am glad to hear that Emperor Soffer only hires the finest to "work" for APD.

02-21-2013, 12:59 AM

Gomez works for APD........ LOL! Make sure you buy him a fresh pair of knee pads for Christmas because it sounds like he is "working" real well for APD. :devil: A nice pair of tactical knee pads from the SWAT team will probably last him several months while he "works" for APD.

I am glad to hear that Emperor Soffer only hires the finest to "work" for APD.

Haha Gomez work for APD? He may wish he did but he is just a security guard. Might want to get him a cup since he keeps stepping on his ****.

03-02-2013, 03:29 AM
The mall curfew policy works. More families are returning to the mall to watch movies because there are no longer groups of juveniles running around unsupervised.

As for the policy targeting Blacks? Please explain. The policy is equally enforced regardless of race. If you don't have ID you don't get to see a movie with out someone over the age of 21 with a photo ID.

"Finally, Mr. "Mall Security Officer", you are smart enough to use whole sentences when you type so I am going to assume you are one of the tier 2 officers. Just a bit of advice, you are a security officer just like the rest of the aquatically challenged morons that work with you. Stop trying to be something you are not. 3 days of tier 2 training does not make you special, it makes you even more of target for laughs, have a nice day !"

To Mr. Night Stick, I am not "Mall Security Officer" nor a Tier II but as for being a security officer, I enjoy it and make enough money to live a very comfortable lifestyle and I know my station in life and have no problem with it and do my job the best I can with pride.

Mr Knight Stick
Since you are saying that the policies were placed for black people. Are you saying that most black people act like idiots?

03-02-2013, 01:23 PM

Mr Knight Stick
Since you are saying that the policies were placed for black people. Are you saying that most black people act like idiots?

:evil: YES!

03-04-2013, 10:59 PM
I bet they don't ask the illegal aliens who work in the food court for ID.

03-05-2013, 11:43 AM
I bet they don't ask the illegal aliens who work in the food court for ID.

:evil:
You are absolutely correct!
They are working and at least trying to be productive members of society.
We don’t bother them.