PDA

View Full Version : NEW UNION

05-30-2011, 04:11 AM
This place is going down the drain becasue our Union does what the Chief and City Council wants it to do. Whos is looking out for us? not the FOP, I am looking this week to going FLPBA and I hope the rest of you join me. I know some of you do not know any better but I have seen both sides, we cannot have a Union that is controled by the Chief or the wacky City leaders we have.
I see what the FLPBA is doing at FMPD and I like that the Union is standing it's ground with the wacky Chief they have.
Stay tuned to hear what I find out.

05-30-2011, 01:34 PM
First of all, to be taken seriously you would need to post your name hare. Anyone RAG member or someone from the City who wants to see the FOP break apart can post this here.

Second, a union is only as good and strong as its members. If the members don't participate and stick together on the issues, it does not matter what you call the group, they will break apart.

I have not been to any meeting recently for personal reasons but have you? Have you told Kurt and the other leaders how you feel or are you just sitting back and either not going to the meeting or not voicing your opinion?

Please tell me what it is that you think another union would be able to do for us? I know unions. I belonged to the PBA up north where you can have a strong union. If you fight a contract there is binding arbitration. My understanding of down here is that there is not. I could be wrong but i don't think that I am.

I don't like the manpower we are losing, the traffic patrol being assigned to the road, the SRO positions being done away with and assigned to the road but we have to work together to right this ship. I believe if the public know how many people we were short and how the exodus continues they would be upset. The manpower shortage has not been visable to the citizens because our officers have pride in their work, they are picking up the slack of the missing officers and are doing what they have to get the job done.

I just hope there does not come a time when someone gets hurt, be it an officer or citizen because of the lack of manpower. I hope the situation is fixed before it come to that.

We all have a right to our opinion and I could respect your if I knew you were truly a Cape Coral Police Officer. If you would like to speak with me about this please feel free to do so at any time in the appropriate manner.

05-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Bob, out of all the people in the world you have to be the one to put your superman cape on and act like you are part of the brotherhood. Your posting sounds more like you are running for city council. You were the that who dimed out another officer which sparked an entire education incentive review that gave city council more ammunition against us. Ask the officers that are getting deductions from their paycheck how they feel about it. Some of us do not have another pension from New Jersey like you do. Your only pretending to care because after this school year your crinkly butt is going back to the road to 10-95. No more cushy 7-3pm shifts and driving past officers on traffic stops or dodging calls on your way home. Will the officers on the road trust you to go to calls with and not feel like you will dime them out to?

Go outside grill you hamburgers and hots dogs and leave the FOP responses to someone else who did not cause extra work for the union.

05-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Yes I am the one who turned in an officer for taking money he knew he did not earn. I did what I thought was right and stand by that. The college issue was an unintended consequence and I feel bad for the officers who have been caught up in that. Anyone who knows me knows that. If you have any questions about that you know when I can be found to discuss it.

Also, anyone who knows me also knows that I don't just drive by officers who have 10-50's when I am on my way to or from work or anytime.

This does not change the facts of what I posted. You have a right to feel about me however you want but what I said in the previous post is true. Yes I have a pension from up north. I also have thirty years of police experience so if I have to work the road, I won't be afraid to do it if I want to. I will say however, just because I have the pension does not mean that this situation has not effected me. I have lost my share of income due to personal family issues and will be very much hurt by the pay cuts the same as anyone else. Maybe that will make you happy and I am sorry you feel the way you do about me but it is what it is at this point.

05-30-2011, 08:07 PM
The FLPBA is a joke!! Have you talked to FMPD?? They are getting ready to toss them out! We all know our union does nothing without the chief knowing and guiding but the pba is no better.

06-01-2011, 11:32 PM
I am sure Bob was a real winner in new jersey, i bet they could not wait until he left.

06-03-2011, 04:27 AM
I have family at FMPD, The PBA is there to stay! Those rumors are the I A people who wnat to control the Union and the PBA will not let that happen.
I am glad that some of my family has Union protection. We dont have it here for sure.

By the way Medico is one the of the Rats at FMPD.

06-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Our FOP is only as good as it's members want it to be. If more members would attend, and not be just "yes" on everything placed for votes, and stand up for what they think, yes, even if nobody else thinks that way, it can be a lot better organization. Too many elections end up with only one nomination for each office, mainly the incumbents being carried over in office. The Chief, being very adept at "buying" his way to everything, can figure out who to give little crumps to in order to get their loyalty, and being an officer of the FOP is not easy when working for a man (using it loosely) that. But Kurt, I believe is an honorable man, though I think sometimes to easy going or non-confrontational. He needs backing of the members, and he needs members to show up and demand he takes a more rigid stand against the Chief's policies where they conflict with what is good for the officers.

For the most part, FOP nationally is a very good organization that is respectable by both the citizens and officers. They have done a wonderful job over the years to get law enforcement officers recognized as the "professionals" they should be. Sometimes "bad characters" slip thru the cracks and FOP and LE members do themselves no good defending these officers when they really screw up. Professional Police Officers should police themselves to retain the respect of the public, for only with the backing and respect of that public can they be successful with the politicians who eventually decide their salaries and benefits.

There is no reason for looking to form another union. Make the FOP the union it can be and should be by taking the time and effort to attend, speak up, vote and get involved.

08-08-2011, 02:59 AM
The PBA is fighting and winning for the FMPD and others in the area. Dont listen to Medico, she is drinking the kool aid from Murphy.
Her husband is one of the I A Rats at FMPD and he is going down by what I heard this weekend.

08-11-2011, 02:12 AM
Nobody cares how you did it up north. If things were run so well up there, then the annoying bigmouths wouldnt come down here in droves. The last 32 times I slapped a yankee in the mouth, they all curled up in a ball like sissies. Yankee trash are all talk with their big loud mouths.

09-03-2011, 03:52 AM
We need the PBA, I have been hearing what they are doing at FMPD and they are winning" The best thing is their staff does not work for Murphy or the MAyor so they are not affaird of them.
Think about things would be here today if our Union President did not have to worry about being laid off" or transfered.

09-05-2011, 03:49 AM
We need the PBA, I have been hearing what they are doing at FMPD and they are winning" The best thing is their staff does not work for Murphy or the MAyor so they are not affaird of them.
Think about things would be here today if our Union President did not have to worry about being laid off" or transfered.

Everyone on the board is in a specialty or is a supervisor. That's the problem. They only take the fight far enough to not risk their position. Once they've reached that level, then the fight is over and a deal is made.

09-05-2011, 04:28 AM
That is why We NEED to use the PBA, I have been saying this for months to my wife, I spoke on Friday to the Local PBA President, He covers from Marco Island PD up to Port Charlotte, We need that since he has no gain or lost when he comes in for our fight" Murphy cannot hold any thing over his head.
If you want his information let me know here or post it in the duty room.

09-05-2011, 11:55 AM
[quote="canal rat":1g632gq8]We need the PBA, I have been hearing what they are doing at FMPD and they are winning" The best thing is their staff does not work for Murphy or the MAyor so they are not affaird of them.

Everyone on the board is in a specialty or is a supervisor. That's the problem. They only take the fight far enough to not risk their position. Once they've reached that level, then the fight is over and a deal is made.[/quote:1g632gq8]

When I first got here, this place was the shit . . . .or so I thought.

My first bad experience was the contract several years right before the mass exodus of retirements. That deal was fat for no one else except those that left. I just found out through these negotiations, those who were involved with those negotiations benefitted the most. Hmmmmm.

Then the current contract we are in, made it only beneficial to those in specialty units. Those of us who are in uniform, lost the most money. Giving up Holidays instead of a specific number of hours hurt the uniformed officers 6-12 hours more then those on the board, who for the majority are in specialty units. Our overtime is non-existent unless it's court related.

I just hope this board doesn't just make it a sweet deal for them alone.

09-06-2011, 02:35 AM
Brother you know what is going to happen. They will take care of their selfs first, just like the last group did. We need a new Union that will treat all of us the same, Not just the ones getting the sweet deal and then running out the back door.
Where do I sign up???? Please pass this info so I and others can sign up.
This City election is not going to change anything for us. We need help now.

09-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Brother you know what is going to happen. They will take care of their selfs first, just like the last group did. We need a new Union that will treat all of us the same, Not just the ones getting the sweet deal and then running out the back door.
Where do I sign up???? Please pass this info so I and others can sign up.
This City election is not going to change anything for us. We need help now.

Why don't you post your name so your other internet toughguys can pass the info to you

09-07-2011, 04:03 AM
Becasue Murphy would sit on me"" Dah

Watch what happens there will be another retirement purse and the FOP board and others will jump ship.
Then we will stuck here in green uniforms in the FRS