PDA

View Full Version : New Eligibility List

05-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Got a letter in the mail few days back, saying i'm # 41 on the Eligibility List.

Anybody else got a ranking?

06-01-2011, 09:56 PM
The good news is there's an eligibility list; the bad news is the City has frozen all vacancies due to budgetary issues!!

06-02-2011, 03:46 PM
The good news is there's an eligibility list; the bad news is the City has frozen all vacancies due to budgetary issues!!

I heard a lot of people are retiring though :?

hypothetically speaking, what are the chances of being contacted to proceed in the hiring process being ranked 41?

06-02-2011, 04:19 PM
You got a better chance of seeing God than getting a phone call.

06-02-2011, 06:11 PM
lol, good to hear!

06-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Slim to none unless you know LG, or you know how to install wooden floors (VIN position)

08-05-2011, 09:29 PM
I just got an e-mail today saying that I'm number 5 on the list.

08-11-2011, 01:54 PM
I recieved a letter yesterday saying im ranked 5th. We will see what happens.

08-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Are you guys really serious? Do you read the paper at all? The mayor and commission are attempting to destroy the pay and benefits of all city employees including the police. They are spending recklessly and are totally out of control. Being new, you will be threatened with layoffs and uncertainty for the next few years. Why would you work here, when you can start up the street for 10-15 thousand more. If you really are a qualified applicant, run and run fast!! In a few years this department will be the lauderhill or Seminole of south Florida policing. And by that I mean, they routinely hire the applicants that no one else wants because no one else wants to work here.

Don't think the chief is on our side either. In the last few years he allowed bso to take our detention facility away, adding about and hour go each arrest on average and taking more police off the streets. We also had a call in report system, taking anywhere from 5-15 minutes to complete a police report. Instead this chief sells out the system and gets a cheaper, less effective computer system, causing the officer from 20 mins to one hour to complete the same report. We use to have a garage and now that's in total control of the city, making it more time consuming to get the patrol car serviced. If you plan to become a narcotics detective, kiss that goodby. You will probably be shuttling homeless to a shelter, that's the chief's priority. Even he was trying to jump ship to the us Marshals until he was exploited in the paper, then the cat was out of the bag. He's the eighth commissioner screwing the cops.

Hollywood was the best place to work in fl hands down.It's gone, so run!,

08-12-2011, 01:22 AM
You are probably right on everything that you are saying, but 90% of the applicants are just trying to get their law enforcement career started and not really thinking about the department. After they get in then they will start exploring their options. The job market is really tough out there and fool of pleople who are just wasting their time and the time of the department with their stupid games, so we have to do what we have to d in order to get in and then worry about the rest. Thank you for your advise, but somebody has to do the job and right now I would take it on a heart beat, just like a bunch of people would regardless of the conditions.

08-12-2011, 06:10 AM
You are probably right on everything that you are saying, but 90% of the applicants are just trying to get their law enforcement career started and not really thinking about the department. After they get in then they will start exploring their options. The job market is really tough out there and fool of pleople who are just wasting their time and the time of the department with their stupid games, so we have to do what we have to d in order to get in and then worry about the rest. Thank you for your advise, but somebody has to do the job and right now I would take it on a heart beat, just like a bunch of people would regardless of the conditions.
Get in, get certified and then get out. This is a sinking ship. Get off probation and then apply at sunrise, ft. lauderdale, miramar etc. Having applicants willing to take a dangerous job for low wages and benefits is what the city is counting on. Wait till we start having more violent murders and robberies occur. It's comming,... it surrounds us and it is comming. Just keep yourself safe until you can get to a dept that will respect you and your committment.

08-12-2011, 03:47 PM
thanks for the advise