PDA

View Full Version : July 1st - Statewide Warning Day

05-15-2011, 04:19 PM
July 1, 2011 has been designated as Statewide Warning Day. No uniform traffic citations will be issued for anything other than criminal violations.

I know it is difficult for LEO's to agree on anything, but for one day all can agree on something to show your displeasure with the legislature and tricky Ricky Scott.

3000 to 4000 citations are issued daily in Florida, it may take a week or so to notice but the lost revenue will get the local clerks attention.

05-16-2011, 07:22 PM
the only people we have to blame for rick scott winning the election is ourselves. if cops wouldve listened to the facts of what the jerk wanted to do to government workers, along with listening to our union which warned us this would happen, scott wouldve lost. the problem is we got to many people that vote for a person just becaused of the party they belong to... it shouldnt be that way. cops have always had the mentality of "we gotta vote for republicans no matter what" well now that mentality is gonna come bite us in the ass.. scott needed a way to finance his corporate income tax plan so his buddies could make more money, and the only way he could do that was by taking money away from teachers and public safety employees like us... we should all realize that throughout the country every politician that is going after the unions and government workers are republican.(just look at what happened in wisconsin, that will happen here as well if scott has his way) if you all want to side with the republicans then go ahead, that will allow you to watch your benefits and pension slowly get worse and worse.. rick scott already said after the end of the legislative session that this is just the beginning of the changes he wants to see to the pensions, he basically wants all government workers to go to a 401k or similar plan.. if any of you have different points of view then go ahead and post it. bottom line is i'm assuming there will be anoverwhelming support for the democratic candidate for governor in 2014 on the part of government workers, whoever he or she may turn out to be..

05-16-2011, 10:36 PM
July 1, 2011 has been designated as Statewide Warning Day. No uniform traffic citations will be issued for anything other than criminal violations.

I know it is difficult for LEO's to agree on anything, but for one day all can agree on something to show your displeasure with the legislature and tricky Ricky Scott.

3000 to 4000 citations are issued daily in Florida, it may take a week or so to notice but the lost revenue will get the local clerks attention.

I have no problem with this...hell, I'll go the whole month without writing a ticket...who's with me?

05-17-2011, 12:57 AM

I have no problem with this...hell, I'll go the whole month without writing a ticket...who's with me?

I agree. The city doesn't want to give us a contract and now a certain administrator is cutting all overtime to include ordering shifts to work below minimum manpower (which hasn't been permitted for quite a while). Let's hit them in the pocket book just like they are doing to us. In addition, maybe all units should now wait to respond to ALL calls that require a 10-94 until your 10-94 is available and do not respond to the location until your 10-94 is on scene with you. It's an officer safety issue, just like the minimum manpower is established for officer safety. If the citizens complain about your response time, apologize to them and tell them of the truth. Chief...this is not right what is being done downstairs. I'm sure the next thing that is going to happen is that there will be a reduced minimum manpower number announced shortly.

05-18-2011, 01:15 AM
I have always voted on the issues. It is just baffled me how many law enforcement officers were continuing to vote for Republican canidiates who have really show were they are headig in the last few years. Just look at the Presdential potentials, the Tea Party don't want government empoyees to have anything they don't have. The rich will get richer and the only way that happens is at the cost of the middle class. The lower class don't pay taxes. This is going to be along 4 years with Gov. Scott and I hope he does not take away all the benfits that you have from years of bargaining. If he could, he would. We are working in at risk job, that most realy don't get. Our benfits should be good, the daily stress does affect us as we age and can shorten our life span. So stay safe and be informed about who you vote for in the upcoming elections.

06-01-2011, 10:55 PM
the only people we have to blame for rick scott winning the election is ourselves. if cops wouldve listened to the facts of what the jerk wanted to do to government workers, along with listening to our union which warned us this would happen, scott wouldve lost. the problem is we got to many people that vote for a person just becaused of the party they belong to... it shouldnt be that way. cops have always had the mentality of "we gotta vote for republicans no matter what" well now that mentality is gonna come bite us in the ass.. scott needed a way to finance his corporate income tax plan so his buddies could make more money, and the only way he could do that was by taking money away from teachers and public safety employees like us... we should all realize that throughout the country every politician that is going after the unions and government workers are republican.(just look at what happened in wisconsin, that will happen here as well if scott has his way) if you all want to side with the republicans then go ahead, that will allow you to watch your benefits and pension slowly get worse and worse.. rick scott already said after the end of the legislative session that this is just the beginning of the changes he wants to see to the pensions, he basically wants all government workers to go to a 401k or similar plan.. if any of you have different points of view then go ahead and post it. bottom line is i'm assuming there will be anoverwhelming support for the democratic candidate for governor in 2014 on the part of government workers, whoever he or she may turn out to be..

Anyone earning less than a million a year votes against themself every time they vote republican! The whole legislative system needs an overthrow to democratic not just the governor's office! Problem is convincing those in the central and northern parts of the state. Need to start working on them now.