PDA

View Full Version : IUPA The Law Enforcement Union

05-12-2011, 07:31 PM
International Union Of Police Associations,
The IUPA is the Union for Law Enforcement Officers. With over 400 locals and the affiliation of the 12.3 million member
AFL-CIO, the IUPA is the Union for all Law Enforcement Officers who wish to have the Respect, Representation, and the
Dignity that they deserve.
Contact the Organizing Department.
941-487-2560.
1-800-247-4872.
1549 Ringling Boulevard-Suite 600 Sarasota Florida 34236-6772.

05-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Sorry pal, we're PBA all the way! Which is too bad for us, because PBA sucks ass!

05-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Lol. Yeah, there's the solution. Are those guys even still in business after the channel 9 expose on how much money they blow at resorts.

Look at that address closely. "Ringling".If you wantto bring the circus to town, go hire IUPA to be your union!!

05-20-2011, 11:55 PM
They can't be any worse than that clown show up in Daytona we've been dealing with for all these years. GO IUPA!!

06-03-2011, 12:01 AM
IUPA stinks every agency that went to has come back to the PBA, just ask the guys in Riviera Beach ( Palm Beach County )the city does not gp by the contrct with IUPA and ...IUPA does nothing about it.

06-05-2011, 09:12 AM
IUPA stinks every agency that went to has come back to the PBA, just ask the guys in Riviera Beach ( Palm Beach County )the city does not gp by the contrct with IUPA and ...IUPA does nothing about it.

Oh yeah? Where's the Port St. Lucie officers unit coming back to the crappy Coastal Florida PBA? They left years ago for IUPA and from what I hear have never been happier.

11-14-2011, 08:34 PM
FHP had IUPA and it was the worst thing we ever did. Glad IUPA got the boot, it was horrible under IUPA. The first act IUPA did when they took over from PBA was they gave up our step pay plan.

Take it from someone who has had both PBA and IUPA, the PBA is 1,000 times better then IUPA.

11-28-2011, 08:18 PM
FHP had IUPA and it was the worst thing we ever did. Glad IUPA got the boot, it was horrible under IUPA. The first act IUPA did when they took over from PBA was they gave up our step pay plan.

Take it from someone who has had both PBA and IUPA, the PBA is 1,000 times better then IUPA.

PBA never let facts interfere with their message and that apparently remains...
The PBA lost the step pay plans years before IUPA came in. The PBA gave away the 3% retirement in 1978 and IUPA had to fight long and hard to win back what was lost. IUPA won a REAL grievance procedure. IUPA represented the membership, not the management. IUPA did not play. IUPA DID get the troops a 40 hour workweek that the PBA just traded or gave away...but to give any bargaining unit credit...dealing with the State in a non-binding collective bargaining state, all amounts to begging. IUPA took the labor LAW and had the contract conform to LAW! The bargaining unit in the past was either unaware of labor law, or as we were once reminded...CONTRACTS DON'T MEAN ANYTHING...that was a PBA quote.

IUPA did not spend the money that was needed to do more. That's all there is to it. IUPA was quite happy to let the Local 6000 president and his board operate from their little computer from home...but when they did decide to spend...it was on their grand building in SARASOTA! Might as well been Tallahassee as far as assessibility is concerned. We had to run our local over cell phones and even had to reimburse the union if the bill exceeded so many minutes...cheap is as cheap does.

IUPA got the PBA's attention. The PBA didn't give a rat's patootie for the members...if IUPA sponsored a bill that helped officers...PBA undermined it. Imagine that. It was that mentality that eventually led to the PBA losing their bread and butter...DOC. Oh well...regardless of who represents the officers...the majority of officers will not be dues paying members, they will still believe that the Legislature loves them and they will believe that their department is always looking after their best interests...such ignorance!!! As long as this officer mentality remains, you guys will always be sucking hind teat. What does it take to stir officers into action? Who knows?

EVERY OFFICER SHOULD STRIVE TO ATTEND AND PARTICIPATE IN EVERY CONTRACT NEGOTIATION! I bet they would see how things really are and become angry. What does it take to get the officers involved in their own financial future? I could never figure it out but I did my best to get us overtime pay, got rid of the 160 hour cycle, and we taught the State how to fire someone...because some need firing but some don't. Good unions make good managers...trust me. They hold everyone to the policy manuals so the union must hold management to the contract. We also taught them that screwing with someone for the sake of vengence is a no-no. Simple as that!

Well...anyone can do their own research and find the facts because facts are facts...but some would rather create their own myths to make themselves look better. Hard work for the membership speaks for itself.
If the State is still offering tuition waivers...USE THEM! Have something to fall back on before retirement comes and you see that nearly $1300.00 per month health insurance decudtion from the small retirement check! I make as much now teaching college than I did as a trooper and I was a topped out Sergeant! Trust me...better yourself and in the process, you will see the world through different eyes. Education empowers...maybe that's why the State likes to hire HS grads?
Good luck everyone. I miss you all but I do NOT miss the job or the union work.
Stay safe!
Bubba