PDA

View Full Version : Hiring any time soon?

05-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Morning all. Congrats on the elections. I see you are all excited for the change. I was hoping someone would be able to say whether SPD will be hiring soon or no? I have the pre-app in already and I'm recently certified and looking to get on a department such as SPD. Seeing the bump in morale definitely helps the decisions. Thanks all and stay safe out there.

05-12-2011, 06:27 PM
give us 30 days, and just a bit after that there will be openings MANY OF THEM, so keep in touch friend, change is coming-

05-13-2011, 09:02 PM
:oops: please give willie a chance and be proud that he is our chief, let's start a campagin to save his job. remember three years is the average life time for chief of police. willie maybe you need to call staff meeting to gain back the support of troops or maybe just get your two majors to talk to jb. maybe not. get the motorhome ready :devil:

05-14-2011, 08:28 PM
give us 30 days, and just a bit after that there will be openings MANY OF THEM, so keep in touch friend, change is coming-

I called your HR department and was told nothing until October will happen due to budget. Now I know this is the PC answer because someone I spoke to a few weeks back told me differently. Trying to line things up to move in case a position opens up with SPD away from my locale. I appreciate the info and am excited to see what can happen with SPD. Stay safe all.

09-07-2011, 04:54 AM
I called your HR department and was told nothing until October will happen due to budget. Now I know this is the PC answer because someone I spoke to a few weeks back told me differently. Trying to line things up to move in case a position opens up with SPD away from my locale. I appreciate the info and am excited to see what can happen with SPD. Stay safe all.

I faxed my pre-app about 10 days ago for the Brighton Reservation. I called HR in FLL to confirm they received it which they did. Hopefully something will happen very soon. I am certified, no drug history, good work history, good driving record, ect. and looking for a start. I have been passed up by several local agencies due to them seeking candidates with experience. I hope this works out!

09-09-2011, 01:42 AM
BTW, I got a letter from them advising me my app is on file and they will contact me when they start the process or something. How long does this take usually? Is their any "current" openings? I applied to Brighton but would be open to others. Thanks.

09-11-2011, 05:38 PM
We think there might be a freeze oon hiring because of the budget. So much overspending unnecessary schools like the fbi academy and trips. James is doing an audit he will be shocked all the brass are and should be accountable. We think will needs to go.