PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Proof Vests

05-09-2011, 05:21 PM
I recently heard that a midnight shift Sgt, was written up for not wearing his vest, by a new LT...a male one.....but that another Sgt, who works the same shift and happens to be of the same minority status was not written up for not wearing his vest. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? I do know that you can get a doctor's note to to wear them so it is possible.
If this is truely the case I would hope that this Sgt, would stand up for himself and fight the discipline. If this is just a BS rumer than I hope someone can squash it now.

06-16-2011, 01:26 AM
How does a Community Service Officer work his way up to a Deputy Chief? What a clown. It is the word out on ,the streets that he has a mission to make everyone life miserable. Come on FOP, get off your arfce and put him in check. You dont want the job move out of the way and let someone who cares about brothers and sisters on the streets and fight for their rights.

06-30-2011, 03:37 PM
No one really cares about what's going on at OPD. The worst part is that the union appears to only care about what one person wants and not what the group needs as a whole.

LEADERSHIP is what's lacking but I don't see quality leadership in our future. Anyone who has tried to step up gets their hand slapped so no one wants to make that move. If Sgt's can't even get accomendations through the chiefs office then how do you expect anything else positive around this place to get done. If the Sgts give up and are burned out how do expect patrol or any other division to step up. We are a department of reactive work and not proactive.