PDA

View Full Version : PERC HEARING TO BE HELD ON 05/20/2011

05-06-2011, 08:07 PM
The PERC hearing is scheduled for 05/20/2011, @ 0900 hours. It should not take long with over 7,000 cards received. A bunch of us are going to attend. See you there. :D

05-06-2011, 08:35 PM
It doesn't matter. Who cares with what The gov and them have done most will just quit any union especially when they see the price tag of the teamsters and their results in Florida and 20% of the CEO's will be gone soon to privatization. My guess is we have /4 of the union members we have now soon and even a lower % on the P&P side.

05-06-2011, 09:51 PM
The hearing should be a great show! Many of us are planning to attend. I am sure some of the over 7,000 who signed the cards will be there too. It will be a great day. :D

05-06-2011, 10:12 PM
The hearing should be a great show! Many of us are planning to attend. I am sure some of the over 7,000 who signed the cards will be there too. It will be a great day. :D

Well 2,000 of the 7,000 are going to be be privatized despite the great teamsters actions. I guess they will feel like all the other Fl employees who were furloughed when represented by the teamsters or the Disney Bus drivers with the teamsters that are literally paid slave wages despite having the teamsters.

05-07-2011, 12:08 AM
The question has been asked. The officers in the area's that are going private will be able to vote after the hearing! So, now that pba screwed them over, how many are going to vote them back in as the union? I would guess zip/zero. This hearing is going to be great! :lol:

05-07-2011, 12:11 AM
The question has been asked. The officers in the area's that are going private will be able to vote after the hearing! So, now that pba screwed them over, how many are going to vote them back in as the union? I would guess zip/zero. This hearing is going to be great! :lol:

I know you didn't actually care about them Phil. You are a disgrace. The Gov and Legislature screwed them for a huge payoff from GEO.

05-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Don't know Phil! I do know that you are really scared of the guy. I post on this page and you blame Phil. My co-worker puts a post on this page and you blame Phil. Either way, you seem very scared of him. Now that I have spoke about him, who is Phil?

05-07-2011, 02:08 AM
After we lose 3% of our pay in July, do you really think that any of us are going to join some stinkin union? The teamsters, if they win charge 50.00 a month and it doesn't include legal services. Why would anyone join them for that price? I will vote for PBA and if they lose, I will not be part of any union because I won't be able to afford it. I'm broke and disgusted! Also, after they privitize all of the CO's in the south region our power will be further diminished. The future is bleak.

05-07-2011, 03:27 AM
me too , will vote pba, if they lose i get a raise . Can not afford teamster so its a raise for me.

05-08-2011, 04:42 PM
I know over 7,000 that will vote pba out. Then you can add every corrections officer that is going private. We all know they will vote pba out. So you can have your raise. I will be happy when pba is gone. :lol:

Open Carry Man
05-10-2011, 04:28 AM
I am voting PBA. They have done more for us than any other union has done for any other bargaining unit in FL State Government.

PBA is the only union with any credibility with any politician left in Tallahassee. PBA is the only union that has EFFECTIVELY collectively bargained.

I owe my job to PBA. I had a circumstance that, if there were no union, I'd have been railroaded out of a job. I'll say no more. I did nothing wrong, but the circumstance was such that without PBA, I'd have been railroaded. A lot of the people who cry how PBA didn't do anything for them when they were in trouble are people who screwed up royally, but I know folks who were on the block to be shafted who owe their jobs to PBA.

05-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Yes Gil, we expect you to keep spewing PBA propaganda but the problem is only you and the Board believes it! :shock:

05-10-2011, 04:30 PM
I could not have said it any better! Now, they (Gil & Mark) are going to come on here and call you Phil. They seem to think that Phil is the only one pissed off at pba? :shock:

Lets see, over 7,000 cards signed and sent to perc

Lets see, over 2,000 corrections officers will be effected by the prisons going private in south Florida. This will include officers in north Florida with the bumping starts.

MAN, THAT IS A LOT OF PEOPLE NAMED PHIL....... :roll:

05-11-2011, 12:24 AM
I could not have said it any better! Now, they (Gil & Mark) are going to come on here and call you Phil. They seem to think that Phil is the only one pissed off at pba? :shock:

Lets see, over 7,000 cards signed and sent to perc

Lets see, over 2,000 corrections officers will be effected by the prisons going private in south Florida. This will include officers in north Florida with the bumping starts.

MAN, THAT IS A LOT OF PEOPLE NAMED PHIL....... :roll:

They refered to me as Phil many times as well! I think the PBA is in for a big suprise when the PERC election comes aroud. Well, I take that back. I think the PBA knows the writings on the wall! Or maybe the writings an the PERC cards. :lol:

05-11-2011, 02:09 AM
I am voting PBA. They have done more for us than any other union has done for any other bargaining unit in FL State Government.

PBA is the only union with any credibility with any politician left in Tallahassee. PBA is the only union that has EFFECTIVELY collectively bargained.

I owe my job to PBA. I had a circumstance that, if there were no union, I'd have been railroaded out of a job. I'll say no more. I did nothing wrong, but the circumstance was such that without PBA, I'd have been railroaded. A lot of the people who cry how PBA didn't do anything for them when they were in trouble are people who screwed up royally, but I know folks who were on the block to be shafted who owe their jobs to PBA.
I agree. Its not just all about collective bargaining. I am not having a shop steward who is also an employee with DOC defend me against the department. Over and over, if these dumb a$$e$ will research teamsters in law enforcement, law enforcement has dropped their representation because of ineffective representation in disciplinary hearings. PBA in thier representation of me with a Regional director made him back off completely after my CA wrote me up. My rep actually threatened my RA with a law suit to his face. A shop steward can not be insubordinate to management when they represent us because of retribution. Nobody has bothered me since.

05-11-2011, 02:14 AM
What ever you say Gil and Mark? :roll:

PBA is done. You and your leadership have failed. This session has shown all the employee's that pba was in it for the money only. I am not sure if any other union will be better? I do know that you and pba has taken my last dime. I would vote for anyone other than pba. :x

05-11-2011, 02:29 AM
My PBA staff Rep fell asleep during our grievance hearing leaving me to argue the case on my own so I have no confidence in the PBA. We have PBA has reps in our facilities already (CO's) or as the Teamsters call them union stewards? Or have the Rats left your facility? Go Team!

05-11-2011, 02:39 AM
Yea, We have PBA reps at Lowell who are Co's. The funny thing is that they pushed the Teamster movment. :shock:

05-11-2011, 02:51 AM
We are not stupid. We all know that the only people coming on this site to brag about pba are the current board members. Not one person in my office is happy with pba right now. The leadership has failed every officer in this state and all of the board members should step down. :x

05-11-2011, 03:01 AM
We are not stupid. We all know that the only people coming on this site to brag about pba are the current board members. Not one person in my office is happy with pba right now. The leadership has failed every officer in this state and all of the board members should step down. :x

I agree!!!! :cop:

05-11-2011, 03:31 AM
I am not a board member but the 3 previous posts are lies because no rep is an employee with DOC. No employee is a rep only a board member. No rep ever fell a sleep. I damn sure don't want Phil representing me.

05-11-2011, 03:41 AM
I am not a board member but the 3 previous posts are lies because no rep is an employee with DOC. No employee is a rep only a board member. No rep ever fell a sleep. I darn sure don't want Phil representing me.

Are you serious? Do you work for the DOC? I have 2 PBA reps (fellow CO’s) working side by side with me. They’re not Staff reps, but they are PBA reps or as the Teamsters refer to them Union stewards.

05-11-2011, 03:50 AM
I am not a board member but the 3 previous posts are lies because no rep is an employee with DOC. No employee is a rep only a board member. No rep ever fell a sleep. I darn sure don't want Phil representing me.

Are you serious? Do you work for the DOC? I have 2 PBA reps (fellow CO’s) working side by side with me. They’re not Staff reps, but they are PBA reps or as the Teamsters refer to them Union stewards.

Us too! More PBA Propaganda! :roll:

05-11-2011, 04:01 AM
The funny thing is this poor sap has no idea he should have PBA reps (CO’s or CPO’s) in his/her office or facility. Do you really think 8 PBA full time Staff can represent the whole state of Florida?

05-11-2011, 10:15 AM

Once again, Gil comes out with the Phil bashing! There is no more fight in pba. I would vote for my dog before I'd vote any pba person back into office. I am not sure if another union is the answer? I do know that pba has shown us that there just collecting the money and walking away. This past session shows this as a fact!

Unregistered
12-08-2015, 02:25 AM
I am not a board member but the 3 previous posts are lies because no rep is an employee with DOC. No employee is a rep only a board member. No rep ever fell a sleep. I damn sure don't want Phil representing me.

So, is Phil on the Teamster Board? Hell, does he even still work for FDC?

TrevorMaigo
11-28-2017, 02:04 PM
If someone got in trouble at UP and was laid off work for over 8 months and then had a hearing, what kind of reasoning would there be to have a hearing? Could this be alcohol related? Thanks

Unregistered
12-16-2017, 12:17 AM
If someone got in trouble at UP and was laid off work for over 8 months and then had a hearing, what kind of reasoning would there be to have a hearing? Could this be alcohol related? Thanks

Yes, Maybe a DUI arrest.