PDA

View Full Version : job or no job

04-30-2011, 02:32 AM
Well it has come to my attention that a few of our brothers/ sisters may have been told they have no job with the School Board anymore. :evil: What the hell is that?! We may have no leg to stand on after too long. If the board wants to vote the Police Department out, they will not need Bradshaw's proposal to do so. We can come back next week and be called in to the DAC and told none of us have jobs. Should we stand down and wait for this to happen, or should we go ahead and vote to go green now? At least if we are green we have a job now, without the wonder. I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to worry about that. I don't have a pension to fall back on, but I do have a young family, and bills to pay. A percentage of a check will not get me by. I need to know I have a job, and steady pay. If I have to work summers, Spring Break, Winter Break, and any other holiday so be it. If I have to work midnights in Belle Glade, OH WELL. Suck it up, or be on the chopping block. Police Aides are gone (I think), but Officers are gone and that is BS. We need to get the PBA members together now, and make a vote. I need my job!!!!! I love being in Law Enforcement. I have had my time with the School Board, and if I need to work another shift; I need to work another shift. Don't wait and see. This is not an economy we can sit our butts on, and do nothing with. We have to stand together, and make a sacrificial decision. I don't voice my opinion much, but I can't stand behind the curtain any longer. PBA do your thing. Members do what is right. Remember if the board decides to disband the Police Department they do not have to wait for Bradshaw to do so. Bradshaw can cover the schools with or without us (I'd rather it be with). :cop: :cop: :cop:

05-01-2011, 04:24 PM
G.B you are a misinformed ignorant idiot. You are what is exactly wrong with this department. If you want to know what is going on read the post by Brotha from anotha motha on the thread before this. It is very insightful and loaded with actual probabilities. Just so you know the PBA is powerless and a vote to go to the SO is meaningless. We have no authority or say in the matter, nor does the chief. Wake up and stop being an A-hole.

05-02-2011, 01:16 AM
Dear GB,

Why haven't you and all the other whining, sheriff wanna-bes applied to the Sheriff's office before. Here's the link to their HR website --- http://www.pbso.org/jobs/. You should start the process right now if thats where you want to be.

When that doesn't work out for you and you don't make the PBSO cut maybe you could try Publix and Wal-Mart. They are always looking for guys to round-up carts in their parking lots and they usually give preferences to those with a mental handicap. McDonald's also recently was looking to hire alot of people...maybe you should start practicing saying "Would you like fries with that?"

As Guest already suggested you and everyone else really should read Brother from Another Mother's re-post in the previous thread. All of that is a serious possibility. Merging the School Police into the PBSO will only give you and the other whining, sheriff wanna-bes a little more time employed in Law Enforcement before your let go (and your retarded ass will be back at Publix or Wal-Mart rounding up shopping carts or taking my order at McDonalds)

05-04-2011, 02:06 PM
to guest and Go green now: a person voices their opinion and you call him an a- hole, and retarded. I think you should look at yourselves. Someone posts something and calls it fact and you think it is fact, you are both stupid a- holes. You will one day find yourself in a position where you can't hide behind a keyboard.

05-05-2011, 02:07 AM
to guest and Go green now: a person voices their opinion and you call him an a- hole, and retarded. I think you should look at yourselves. Someone posts something and calls it fact and you think it is fact, you are both stupid a- holes. You will one day find yourself in a position where you can't hide behind a keyboard.
You were called an idiot because that is what you are. Don't be mad at me just realize what you are. I understand you don't know any better but that does not excuse you from what you are.... an idiot. And as for your comment about hiding behind a keyboard, I'm not hiding, you know exactly who I am and where to find me. You just choose to play ignorant so you don't have to step to me and wind up staring at the sky wondering WTF just happened.

05-06-2011, 12:09 AM
Ok people - it's time to stop your *****ing and start contributing towards the progress of this department.

No more "I want to go Green" bullshit - how about you start taking some pride in the department you are in now! School Police didn't beg you to work here - you applied. So why not put all the effort and energy you have been using towards a merger that is NOT going to happen - and start using it towards improving the department that did take
you in.

There are lots of people that do want to work here - and I'm not talking about the ones that only want to work here because their incompetent butts wont get hired anywhere else - I'm talking about those who take pride in this department and want to see it advance.

If you don't like it - leave! There is no room for you in this department. No more whining and complaining. Let's hear more solutions and suggestions instead - and no, going green is not a solution. The only going green you should be discussing is the green that is the next possible chief to be. And yes - if she becomes the next chief, then our department will start to head in the right direction.

Our department will not get better or move forward until people start changing as well.

So - for the officers that are not losing their jobs - be thankful you will still get a paycheck every two weeks that will continue to help you provide for your families. And start taking some pride in our department and being a part of the solution and not the problem. Voice your opinions, but after consideration as to what is the greater good for the department as a whole - not just what is good for you. It's not just officers in this department either - there is alot of support staff that also wants to see this department excel.

We have alot of talent in this agency - if we all work together and for the right reasons - which is safety for our schools and students - then we can turn this department around and start heading in the right direction.

So - in closing, we are a law enforcement agency - let's start acting like one. Cut the crap and cut the whining - if you don't want to be a part of this department, you know where the exit doors are - stop holding the rest of us back. Those that are here for the right reasons will continue working hard towards becoming a competitive and respected agency in this county - I think we proved our potential these past few days.

05-06-2011, 02:00 AM
That was a well put together post that will hopefully get people to stop and think about what is going on. Ladies and Gentlemen it is gut check time for the School Police. For those who were ask to step out for the sake of the others, I sincerly hope it is possible for you to d the right thing. If you are not able to ,I truly hope it is for fiscal and not selfish reasons. It is going to be very tough and trying times ahead of us and there is no gaurantee that next year won't bring more of the same. For those of you who pine for the Sheriff to take over, I share your want, need , and desire. But the reality is that it will not happen. Let' us not forget that WE ALL came here on our own volition. Yes we had hopes that the pay would increase but it didn't. And that is unforgiveable,management should have recognized all of our efforts long ago and find a way to duly compensate us, but it did not happen. This is a department that has people who aspire to build it into a viable and respected LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY. In spite of all the down falls this can really be accomplished. Yes we know there are plenty of things that are wrong, and they have all been pointed out over the years. The question that each and every Commander, Sargeant, and Officer in this department should ask themselves is "WHAT HAVE I DONE TO MAKE THIS A BETTER PLACE TO WORK. WHAT HAVE I DONE TO IMPROVE ANYTHING THAT NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED. WHAT HAVE I DONE BESIDES *****ED AND MOANED ABOUT HOW IT SUCKS" If you can not come up with at least one thing that you have done to make this a better work environment then you are part of the problem, you may not be a major problem but a problem nevertheless. At some point we all are guilty of being the problem, but some of us had an epiphany, we saw the light, we understood that the light at the end of the tunnel was not necessarily a way out, but in fact it was an oncoming train. I for one do not want to be steamrolled by a mile long CSX Jacksonville to Miami cargo laden ironhorse, so I decided to go the other route, and that is top make this place better for myself and others who want to be here. I commiserate with you my brother and sisters in arms in yearning for more pay, more appreciation, and more support. But just like that Meatloaf song, two out of three ain't bad. We can control and distribute more appreciation for one another and what we do. We can control and distribute more support for one another, both professionally and personally. But there is no way we control, determine, request, or expect more pay. It is just not going to happen in the foreseeable future. It is with great appreciation and anticipation that I submit to each and every memeber of this department. Let's stop the crap that is being shovled around amongst us. If we don't respect one another, how can we expect others to?