PDA

View Full Version : study hard

04-15-2011, 08:08 PM
THERE ARE GOING TO BE 2 SERGEANT SPOTS AVAILABLE. THEY NEED TO REPLACE SGT DIAZ SPOT AND I HEARD SGT STEWART IS TAKING A VOLUNTARY DEMOTION JANUARY 1, 2012.

MEIN KAMPF
04-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Just playing the devil’s advocate role:

The way the system is set up is self defeating. Analyze this. That promotion is going to give you the stripes and a $4000 increase (more or less) minus taxes, arround $3000 and change for your pocket a year. And ofcourse it comes with the following Perks:

1-) A campus that you might not want to go, because again…theres no take home policy....(outch! that hurts! lol lol lol )

2-) A Shift that you might get stuck for a long time….I mean...a LONG TIME....possible even for years to come. Including limited possibility to take a break from your initial shift, and the same applies for your days off.

3-) You also enter into a Seniority list that hardly moves up.

4-) A Liability and Responsability package that comes with any Supervisory Position.

5-) And an Overtime opportunity for "shift coverages" that thanks to the last policies The overtime for sargeants became a litter "restricted". Since the University will love the idea of "an apple for an apple and an oranges for an orange" as a tool to save up OT money. lol lol lol

From my perspective, the University "Technocrats" need to come with a serious incentive package deal if it really want to motivate its own personnel to move up to supervisory positions.

Again, this is just one example of what happends when civilian runs police departments.

A-) When an officer makes more money than a sergeant makes.

B-) When a Srgt makes more money than a Lieutenant.

C-) When a Lieutenant makes as closed money as a captain makes.

...Whats the real message in here? lol lol lol

The reality is that the money that the "old timer sargeants" make today, would never come even close to the amount of money that the new sargents would ever make.

Just as the salaries of the new officers will never be equeal to the salarie that the old Timers officers makes.

As long as the University keeps committed to the Maidiques policy of investing less than 1% of its budget to the police department, not only the officers will continued indifferent of promotions for sargeants. Some sargeants will preffer to become an officers somewhere else and other srgts will take a voluntary demotion.

the questio is, is it a good idea for me to become a sargent under this circumstances??? ...No thanks, leave me where I am and the University can joyfully keep those stripes and the $3000 and change....good luck for the new srgts though! .

Lol lol lol

04-21-2011, 12:46 AM
Well if there were any doubts, they are over. SGT.Stewart has officially given notice of his Voluntary Demotion. It must really suck to be Sergeant. I think Main Kempf hit the nail on the head, who wants no choice of campus or shift or days off.

MEIN KAMPF
04-21-2011, 01:48 AM
Now, keep in mind that thanks to his previous experience, Sgt 128 makes more $ than what any new breed of sgts will ever make, and even that he preffers to join the officers.

Now, the insentive for promotions doesnt have to be necesarily money-based. I garantee you that if the Technocrats and policy makers of the University comes up with a Take Home policy for the Brass including the Sgts you will have officers figthing to their teeth in order to pass those test!!!

Nothing speak better than facts and numbers, The motivations in the force is low officers dont even care to become FTO's, much less they want to become brass members.

04-27-2011, 11:08 PM
JUST HEARD DUE TO SENIORITY ISSUES STEWART ISNT TAKING DEMOTION ANYMORE, AS THEY WERE JUST GIVING HIM A YEAR AND A HALF TIME AS OFFICER WHICH MEANS MOST EVERYONE WOULD PASS HIM UP IN SENIORITY AS A OFFICER.

OH WELL MAYBE SOME SGTS WILL RETIRE WHEN THEY RUIN OUR PENSION IN A FEW WEEKS. :devil: :devil: :devil: