PDA

View Full Version : layoffs

04-07-2011, 05:12 AM
gohead, budgets are horrible, raise taxes, gas is going up, layoff cops! theres too many in cape. there everywhere, sitting around. the other morning there were 5 sitting side by side in a field for approxiately 43 minutes just chatting. good use of tax money, and 5 cars which were all running for 43 minutes was how much taxpayer money in gas? wheres fox4 when ya need em

04-07-2011, 01:51 PM
gohead, budgets are horrible, raise taxes, gas is going up, layoff cops! theres too many in cape. there everywhere, sitting around. the other morning there were 5 sitting side by side in a field for approxiately 43 minutes just chatting. good use of tax money, and 5 cars which were all running for 43 minutes was how much taxpayer money in gas? wheres fox4 when ya need em

Fox4 is busy at your mothers house trying to get a story on how much of an A#$ you are.

04-07-2011, 06:18 PM

Fox4 is busy at your mothers house trying to get a story on how much of an A#$ you are.

You must have been one of them sitting in the field or you wouldn't be such an A#S!

04-07-2011, 07:55 PM

No, Fox 4 was at your mother's house. I know cause I was there too and boy was it good!

strike3
04-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Why do you say Fox 4 needs to be contacted? The units should have GPS in them and, if not, it shouldn't be difficult to find out who it was through dispatch records. If this really happened and you are concerned about it, call the station and report it. I am sure the administration would not approve if something inappropriate was happening.

04-08-2011, 01:57 AM
SMOKER IS HOT

04-08-2011, 02:11 AM
Why do you say Fox 4 needs to be contacted? The units should have GPS in them and, if not, it shouldn't be difficult to find out who it was through dispatch records. If this really happened and you are concerned about it, call the station and report it. I am sure the administration would not approve if something inappropriate was happening.

PHONE RINGS-Cape coral Police fire and ambulance, how can I help you?
Gasgirl-yes I want to report 5 officers sitting in a vacant field do nothing
Dispatch-Ok and what do you expect us to do?
Gasgirl-Well I feel my tax dollars are being wasted
Dispatch-Ok and what do you expect us to do, leave the dispatch center and go over to the vacant field and smack them for you?
Gasgirl-well this is horroble how dare they just sit there and waste precious gas.
Dispatch-I can connect you to a supervisor if necessary to voice your concerns
Gasgirl-Yes I would like that, precious gas is being wasted
Dispatch-ok we understand, I have a suggestion for you Gasgirl, why dont you get a hobby and stop worrying about what the police are doing. Maybe they are planning to pick up a violent offender who has warrants and are going over some facts about the offender so they wont get killed. or maybe the police who are sitting in that vacant lot are debriefing because they just went to a call where a young child drowned in a pool or was beatin. But its people like you that have nothing else to do but shoot your stupid mouth off and stir up the pot.

04-08-2011, 02:49 PM
[i]Dispatch-ok we understand, I have a suggestion for you Gasgirl, why dont you get a hobby and stop worrying about what the police are doing. Maybe they are planning to pick up a violent offender who has warrants and are going over some facts about the offender so they wont get killed. or maybe the police who are sitting in that vacant lot are debriefing because they just went to a call where a young child drowned in a pool or was beatin. But its people like you that have nothing else to do but shoot your stupid mouth off and stir up the pot.

Again, it's public perception. Why not plan and debrief in one of the many, many empty offices you have in your nice new building that we also paid for? To the public, it looks like a waste of tax dollars and it's up to the police department to change how the public sees them. After all, it's this same police dept. that ruined the public's perception of them in the first place, it's up to you to change it. I'm having to guess that you are a CCPD officer, this attitude you have is what causes these types of problems in the first place. Maybe you need to find another line of work where being an ass is acceptable.

04-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Well if we sit in the building then people like you will complain that we are not out in the streets and it took to long for us to respond to your complaint. I enjoy my job and do it well. Its citizens like you that all of a sudden see our salaries that nobody complained about 4 years ago because realtors and scam artist mortgage brokers were making millions. Now that people like you lost their jobs because you spent all your money on toys, jet skis, second homes, cruises, etc, you look at our secure jobs and complain about it. Sorry you did not go to police academy and get certified, but maybe you should just get off this website and join a ***** session for people like yourself. Dont pick on us for every little thing you see wrong, we are sufferering in many ways the public does not know about.

And a second note, the officers did not ask for a shiny new building. 97% of our time is on the road, as you observed not sitting in a shiny new castle getting massages or playing ping pong in our recreation room waiting for our next call. The old building to many of us was more fun and more acceptable for what we needed it for. Obviously you have a solid hard one for the city of cape coral overall. If you dont like something then get involved and change it. Educate yourself before you fire off complaints and get involved to make the changes. Dont make the same mistakes the current city council has done and shoot first then ask questions later. The officers work hard and are resilient to the bs that is being shoved in our faces. We gave up alot already to accomodate the current budget issues. We also live in the community and own homes that some of us are losing.

Heres a good tip, introduce yourself to next officer you see. Extend your hand and shake his/her hand and talk to them. Ask them reasonable questions if you feel the need. We are humans also and have pride in our city. You may have had a bad experience with an officer in the past, but do not judge the rest of us based on that past experience.

04-11-2011, 11:29 PM
You are appreciated. Don't let the few and the far who don't see beyond the HO-HO's and the computer screen get you down. You do a good job. It's unfortunate that a few bad past decisions have brought a negative light to the department, but the future is brighter as a result of the many good men and women on the CCPD. Thanks for all that you do!

Well if we sit in the building then people like you will complain that we are not out in the streets and it took to long for us to respond to your complaint. I enjoy my job and do it well. Its citizens like you that all of a sudden see our salaries that nobody complained about 4 years ago because realtors and scam artist mortgage brokers were making millions. Now that people like you lost their jobs because you spent all your money on toys, jet skis, second homes, cruises, etc, you look at our secure jobs and complain about it. Sorry you did not go to police academy and get certified, but maybe you should just get off this website and join a ***** session for people like yourself. Dont pick on us for every little thing you see wrong, we are sufferering in many ways the public does not know about.

And a second note, the officers did not ask for a shiny new building. 97% of our time is on the road, as you observed not sitting in a shiny new castle getting massages or playing ping pong in our recreation room waiting for our next call. The old building to many of us was more fun and more acceptable for what we needed it for. Obviously you have a solid hard one for the city of cape coral overall. If you dont like something then get involved and change it. Educate yourself before you fire off complaints and get involved to make the changes. Dont make the same mistakes the current city council has done and shoot first then ask questions later. The officers work hard and are resilient to the bs that is being shoved in our faces. We gave up alot already to accomodate the current budget issues. We also live in the community and own homes that some of us are losing.

Heres a good tip, introduce yourself to next officer you see. Extend your hand and shake his/her hand and talk to them. Ask them reasonable questions if you feel the need. We are humans also and have pride in our city. You may have had a bad experience with an officer in the past, but do not judge the rest of us based on that past experience.

04-14-2011, 05:10 AM

oy vay, I have a headache.

:devil:

04-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Our family business, that employs 118 employees, has been in Cape Coral for 22 years. Since that time. I can remember when there were a ridiculously small number of police per the population. True, there wasn't as much going on but over the last ten years, it is my understanding that the department has finally came close to the amount of officers needed as the city grew. Things are slowly picking up and I hope the police department maintains its level of service by keeping all the officers and hiring more. Cape Coral will continue to grow. Having done ride-alongs, I have to say I was impressed. It was during one of those ride=a-longs that I witnessed something which I thought was amusing. After writing a young man a ticket for running a red light, he turned to the officer and said, "You know I pay taxes and my home got broken into and you guys didn't do a thing. Too busy writing these tickets instead of catching robbers!" The young man was drivng a work truck, obviously employed as a laborer. My point is, he doesn't know what taxes are. Sure he may own a home and pay taxes but most people don't know what taxes are. I PAY TAXES and comparitively speaking, the average taxpayer has now idea what taxes are until you own a large business and mutiple properties in the city. So as one that really pays taxes, I feel justified in saying that my family and I also pay a significant amount for public safety as a result. Keep up the great work officers!!!

04-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Our family business, that employs 118 employees, has been in Cape Coral for 22 years. Since that time. I can remember when there were a ridiculously small number of police per the population. True, there wasn't as much going on but over the last ten years, it is my understanding that the department has finally came close to the amount of officers needed as the city grew. Things are slowly picking up and I hope the police department maintains its level of service by keeping all the officers and hiring more. Cape Coral will continue to grow. Having done ride-alongs, I have to say I was impressed. It was during one of those ride=a-longs that I witnessed something which I thought was amusing. After writing a young man a ticket for running a red light, he turned to the officer and said, "You know I pay taxes and my home got broken into and you guys didn't do a thing. Too busy writing these tickets instead of catching robbers!" The young man was drivng a work truck, obviously employed as a laborer. My point is, he doesn't know what taxes are. Sure he may own a home and pay taxes but most people don't know what taxes are. I PAY TAXES and comparitively speaking, the average taxpayer has now idea what taxes are until you own a large business and mutiple properties in the city. So as one that really pays taxes, I feel justified in saying that my family and I also pay a significant amount for public safety as a result. Keep up the great work officers!!!

All this means is you're also making a lot more money than most people you see riding around in work trucks. When you have a family of four living at poverty level, the amount of tax they pay is large to them. How dare you even suggest that you know what taxes are and this man doesn't! Don't bother justifying anything, you sound like a moron. The more you own & make, the more taxes you pay, that's the way it works. Compared to cities, and I mean real cities, this department is still too large. We are now burdened with a chief that still maintains a good old boy system and only reacts when the bad things some of his officers do becomes public. They don't get fairly punished for their wrongdoings. If the public had done the things that some of these officers have done, they would be arrested. Not only arrested, but beaten up and tasered too. There are many other lawsuits out there that will become public before too long. More embarrassment for the citizens of this town.

Don't get me wrong, I feel terrible that this officer was shot, but to now use this to justify the fact that they don't want to accept a pay cut, that's just plain wrong. This was the first officer in the history of Cape Coral to be shot. Maybe you should just give back all the things you were freely given before this happened when no officers had been shot. You're using him as an excuse and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

04-21-2011, 09:26 PM
As is common with the newspress, they picked and chose what parts of Grau's speech would be printed and took much from context. For those of you who count on objective reporting from the NP and form their opinions from said reporting, you are an idiot for doing so. Blunt yes, true yes. Don't let reporters do your thinking for you.