PDA

View Full Version : DFS A GOOD ORGANIZATION TO WORK FOR?

04-05-2011, 12:12 PM
DIF has the ability to be the best in the country. However it has poor leadership at all levels. Don’t get me wrong the leaders are “nice guys” but have no real leadership abilities on how to make large case operations a reality. They don’t become involved in monthly meetings with the detectives and really don’t understand or are afraid to get involved with all law enforcement aspects. Maybe they have not been mentored properly, however DIF has lost a lot of great talent because of poor decisions. Just look at who has made policy and decisions, analysts, supervisors with no leadership in major case handling, etc. DIF is more interested in numbers of arrests and not quality over the long term. They are also obsessed with your hours in reports vs a daily or weekly worksheet. If you want to come and work your cases and go home with no hope for future of the agency then it is right for you. If you are fairly new to law enforcement I would say go look elsewhere. DIF can be a model for the rest of the nation but fails to take the needed steps including getting RID of unnecessary staff in Tally and beyond. Nice supervisors dont make "good supervisors" One must come out and get involved to make things happen and that includes all aspects of police work not just in your own world.!

04-05-2011, 04:34 PM
How is the pay? I have three previous years of law enforcement experience at the street level with a city in South Western Florida. We start at 42k and have a take home vehicle. Also is the division in jeopardy of lay offs or is this division exempt from it due to the huge problem of insurance fraud in Florida?

04-05-2011, 07:52 PM
No lay off with everyone leaving taking their pension. If you are south of Palm Beach County pay for certified experienced LEO's is about $39,900.00 plus $5000.00 for CAD ( area) and whatever school education you have up to a 4 year degree. I believe the starting pay in your area is $39,900.00 plus school extras.. you get a take home car, mainly day time work and must complete 160 hour before any comp time is allowed. S FL area works some off duty details and the LTs are good about adjusting time if necessary. If you want to do investigative work and know what you are getting into then go ahead.. it seems that someone with 3 years would want a more " progressive agency with room to grow" . You wont find that here with this current admin staff. Good luck on whatever choice you make. Go talk with some guys in your area and do your reserach and weight all the options.! DIF can improve a lot .. plenty of work for everyone!

04-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Smart move you idiot, writing that the Lts will adjust your hours so you can work off duty. Way to go............ Watch how fast the new DCFO cuts our off duty jobs. Not to mention Captiain Brongel. All that accreditation stuff about off duty. did the mess with fort lauderdale pd teach you anything. If I lose my off duty becasue of you, I hope you have restless nights. How dumb can you be. Lets just throw our lts under the bus. Watch for the IG to get ahold of this. What a putz.

04-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Hey DIF GUY if you work 160 during your cycle it doesnt matter when the work gets done... maybe you need to see the real light.. who cares what hours you work as long as it is documented with real work and productivity.. thats the problem with your thinking! I do both and my stats exceed anyones.. so bring it on IDIOT! Stop hiding and get to the real problems in DIF like incompatance of those who supervise us.

04-07-2011, 03:34 AM
Looks like sflleo, curious george, curious george II, FLDIF2, FLDIF,DIF@day is the same poster!

04-07-2011, 03:38 AM
And SFLDIF too

04-07-2011, 07:31 AM
Actually, I am not affiliated with the other posts. I am a current LEO in Pinellas County. I was inquiring about the agency and wanted some positive objective feedback. I do not know who the other guy is who is posting the other stuff. If anyone has any other constructive opinions on the agency or pros and cons I would appreciate it.

prospective applicant

George

04-08-2011, 02:13 AM
DIF is a good agency. Like anything else, what you make of it depends on you. We have lots of work and you can pretty much choose what you would like to investigate - simple straight forward cases or major organized rings. We're a white collar crime agency and so the paperwork can be frustrating at times. The conditions are good and so are the people. Lots of talent from other agencies has landed here. The only drawbacks are the same as any other state agency - Pay and benefits. We don't get regular pay raises and there is no overtime, although you can find off duty work in some offices. The complaining you hear is just your typical LEO ranting.

11-01-2011, 01:16 AM
is it mostly days, monday - friday no holidays

01-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Just curious for all those who currently work for the Department of Financial Services. Is it a good organization to work for? What types of investigations do you do? I am looking for objective comments.

Thanks and be safe

current LEO
only if you are an idiot

02-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Just curious for all those who currently work for the Department of Financial Services. Is it a good organization to work for? What types of investigations do you do? I am looking for objective comments.

Thanks and be safe

current LEO
only if you are a captain or above :cop:

02-28-2012, 10:44 PM
I'm guessing the original poster back in April has already gotten an answer to his question ...

03-02-2012, 11:25 AM
yup we stink

03-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Didn't you hear, we are the BEST there is. Thats why everyone is sooooo happy lately.

03-18-2012, 12:22 AM
It is a great place. where else can a captain get paid to be a driver. I thought those days were gone when dcfo london left. go bob go. what a loser.

03-18-2012, 10:25 PM
I see a theme here. Kelly gets promoted by driving the dcfo. Brongel gets promoted by driving the Director. Brongel even told people that the position is being advertise so no one can say he did not compete. Also says that it is promised, a done deal. We will see. I have Marie Maddox on retainer.

03-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Hey, anyone give a thought that he might be qualified for the job? Me either, just thought I would ask. I have been studying, reading, and preparing for months for this interview. I know others have also. It better be a fair contest or else. Wonder how many of his political buddies made phone calls for him. If he gets this promotion then nothing, I mean nothing we do means anything. Let him stay in his little accreditation world and leave the big boy or girl pants stuff to us.

03-23-2012, 10:35 AM
I just heard, is it true? Now we have another Major. Brongel. Like we need another top person. we need more detectives, not a major brongel. we need a major smith maybe, but not brongel. :oops:

03-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Are you so full of yourself or hate that you must start rumors. Interviews have no been done yet. Go stand your ground somewhere else and leave brongel alone. :o

03-25-2012, 07:38 PM
This is a great agency, and Brongel is a great captain. You need to get over yourself. We donot want or need you here. Bob is our man.

03-26-2012, 10:46 AM
sour grapes from someone who wants to be major more than uncle bob. you go bob, we do not need an outsider here, even if she is from close by. you are the man. just back away from the dir a little. we do not want you toget hurt if he stops too fast. but we love you.

03-30-2012, 01:07 PM
I agree, stay the course bob. you are doing the right thing. @#$%^&* the rest of them.

03-30-2012, 10:56 PM
I want my own driver. he can be a sergeant for all I care

04-05-2012, 12:24 AM
We better stay tuned to what is going on over at ABT. Civilianization, Losing 30% of their positions, demotions, etc. Word has it that we will be next to suffer the wrath.

04-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Well, I guess we do not need another Major then. Huh, go figure, just in the nick of time. :devil:

04-09-2012, 01:03 AM
what are you talking about. No state leos are on the budget block but ag law. who is getting made civilians? I thought we escapd that. ag law is merging with fwc.

04-09-2012, 10:20 AM
I heard they were too top heavy so they are downsizing. maybe some to civilian becausse of the senate bill, but no one losses a job. we could be next. pip pip away. :?:

04-10-2012, 10:16 AM
this is just a rumor, i checked with a guy i know in tampa.

04-16-2012, 10:45 PM
Boo Hoo Hoo. Guess I am not that special after all. Can't believe it. I tried and tried, yet still no gold leaf. what is a man to do?

04-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Grow up. 2 good applicants, only one can get it. Kudos to all wo at least tried. 8)

04-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Calling all majors, calling all majors..... oops, sorry BB :(

07-17-2012, 11:14 PM
this is the sorriest place inthe world. the majors are on our backs, the director is busing sining his own praises, tooting his own horn, and he has never made a case in his life. numbers numbers numbers, just like that buffon london. someone take us all away. dan the man for dcfo, god help us all, except his favorite driver

09-15-2012, 01:12 AM
Don't even think about applying here, look for another agency. This place has turned into a Fiefdom with the new King. Everything is based on threats, intimidation, transfers, demotions, the entire agency has been demoralized, its mind blowing how much damage has been done in a few months

09-15-2012, 01:48 PM
that is no way to leave a job, who o who can this be?

09-15-2012, 08:12 PM
There's an opening for a second Jester in the kings court, the first Jester (BB) recently left.

09-18-2012, 11:56 PM
Now, that's funny, true and funny.

11-17-2012, 08:40 PM
NO! it is not, save yourself the aggravation and tell your colleagues to look elsewhere.
First of all it has become a QUOTA and STAT driven agency. Every detective is run for productivity at least every 3 months and if you don't have the numbers the Director thinks you should have your LT and or Captain will be THREATENED, INTIMIDATED, RIDICULED, HARASSED EMBARRASSED,POSSIBLY TRANSFERRED OR DEMOTED. The detective will probably receive a letter or phone call from the Director inquiring why your STATS aren't up to his expectations. You will never receive a compliment unless it followed by some negative or condescending comment. You will then be labeled and targeted on a weekly basis.
DIVISIVE, INSENSITIVE, ARROGANT, MEAN-SPIRITED, RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL are a few words that come to mind in trying to describe him.
But if you are one of the PRIVILEGED you have nothing to worry about.
You can work from home, work a 4 day work week and do whatever you want.

11-18-2012, 04:32 AM
NO! it is not, save yourself the aggravation and tell your colleagues to look elsewhere.
First of all it has become a QUOTA and STAT driven agency. Every detective is run for productivity at least every 3 months and if you don't have the numbers the Director thinks you should have your LT and or Captain will be THREATENED, INTIMIDATED, RIDICULED, HARASSED EMBARRASSED,POSSIBLY TRANSFERRED OR DEMOTED. The detective will probably receive a letter or phone call from the Director inquiring why your STATS aren't up to his expectations. You will never receive a compliment unless it followed by some negative or condescending comment. You will then be labeled and targeted on a weekly basis.
DIVISIVE, INSENSITIVE, ARROGANT, MEAN-SPIRITED, RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL are a few words that come to mind in trying to describe him.
But if you are one of the PRIVILEGED you have nothing to worry about.
You can work from home, work a 4 day work week and do whatever you want.

I don't see any difference between DFS and ABT based on your post. I'll go with ABT. They just got some real pretty badges.

01-23-2013, 01:37 AM
Stay away from this agency. You dont want to work here right now. Not a positive work environment.

01-25-2013, 08:20 PM
Not a positive work environment is an understatement. It sucks here. We work for ****tater Dan.

01-26-2013, 01:36 AM
Almost 2 dozen resignations, forced retirements, transfers, demotions and a work stress related death.
You figure it out for yourself.

01-26-2013, 07:03 PM
The above post hit the nail right on the head!!!!!

01-26-2013, 11:52 PM
You guys are clearly describing someone who has never been in a position of power and doesn't know the first thing about being a good leader.

01-27-2013, 03:12 PM
You are correct..... Dan Dan, he thinks he is the Man! Work related STRESS death. Can you read this Dan? Back off just a little and we will be okay. PLEASE :)

01-27-2013, 04:35 PM
Why don't you guys back off on your own? Work sloooooooow down!

01-27-2013, 09:17 PM
You are correct..... Dan Dan, he thinks he is the Man! Work related STRESS death. Can you read this Dan? Back off just a little and we will be okay. PLEASE :)

You cant ask a ruthless heartless animal to back off, that only empowers him more and he relishes the moment. The advice I can give you is to tell your families if work conditions are affecting you. Tell your doctor, check your blood pressure regularly and document all the negative things that he does.
God forbid if something happens you can legally go after him and the State. Sue him personally even if you dont win he still has to get an attorney or the State would have to give him one.
I'm convinced that Rob's untimely passing was related to Work Stress and THE DIRECTOR contributed to it!!!

01-29-2013, 03:14 AM
Hey you worthless sac of sh.t!!!! how dare you bring a fallen officer into your ranting. Take stock of how low you have gone to try and vent over something you are to cowardly to properly address. If you have and issue, stand up and make your point. Oh, I forgot, you don't have what it takes to do so.

Shame on you!

01-29-2013, 05:50 AM
Hey you worthless sac of sh.t!!!! how dare you bring a fallen officer into your ranting. Take stock of how low you have gone to try and vent over something you are to cowardly to properly address. If you have and issue, stand up and make your point. Oh, I forgot, you don't have what it takes to do so.

Shame on you!

While I can see where you are coming from, his death was not being minimized. I do not believe the other poster was trying to be remotely disrespectful, and may very well have just cause to believe that Rob's passing was stress related. I don't know that for sure, but I have seen what stress can do. The current director has created a very stressful environment for many, and not everyone handles it the same way.

Besides, as long as the director can show numbers, he'll be left right where he is...

01-29-2013, 04:59 PM
would that be number of cases, or number of stress related incidents?

03-14-2013, 11:32 PM
Well well, saw "King" Dan and his "Joker" Kelley this week at lunch. What a frosty reception I got. I am so glad to be out of there. What fools they are.

04-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Is that DEA idiot still there?

06-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Quotas, Quotas and more QUOTAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Save yourself the aggravation.

07-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Hell no, ever since they hired that clown from DEA to run the agency it has gone from good to horrible. Constant stress to meet quota's, local supervisors are great however they have to pass the grief from Tallahassee over to us.

07-17-2013, 06:54 PM
It's tough making quotas here. Because, I've looked everywhere and I can't find hardly any insurance fraud in this area!
Wait a minute. I just walked out of the office and ........ geez, maybe there is something amiss out here.
If only I knew what the hell I was doing maybe I could easily make enough cases to justify my paycheck.
Hold on, why would I do that? Much easier to just complain about quotas than to reasonably perform my sworn duties.
Instead of doing a good job so that I and my family can be proud of me, easier for them and me to feel sorry for the fact that my employer has set some reasonable goals.

07-25-2013, 08:21 PM
poor dan must be the moderator. he deleted all reference to him being fired. Loser, they finally got ya!

07-25-2013, 11:30 PM
It's tough making quotas here. Because, I've looked everywhere and I can't find hardly any insurance fraud in this area!
Wait a minute. I just walked out of the office and ........ geez, maybe there is something amiss out here.
If only I knew what the hell I was doing maybe I could easily make enough cases to justify my paycheck.
Hold on, why would I do that? Much easier to just complain about quotas than to reasonably perform my sworn duties.
Instead of doing a good job so that I and my family can be proud of me, easier for them and me to feel sorry for the fact that my employer has set some reasonable goals.

I guess my employer became a stat himself, :devil: Dan I wish you would have been demoted to a detective and then get transferred. You resigning was the easy way out, you should have felt a little pain like you made a lot of us feel YOU *******! :)

07-28-2013, 02:43 PM
What goes around, will always come around. Watch out Jack, you may be next. Come back to the fold where you belong. You allowed Dan to lead you astray. Come back, man up, and we will forgive you.

07-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Dan felt the BOOM! Dan was not the man. Dan couldn't handle the pressure that he dished out to others. When Dan saw a litle pressure his way he quit, unlike us who were men and women enough to take the pressure from him. DIF employees 1, Dan 0. :D

07-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Jack the Wack is next....

07-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Dan felt the BOOM! Dan was not the man. Dan couldn't handle the pressure that he dished out to others. When Dan saw a litle pressure his way he quit, unlike us who were men and women enough to take the pressure from him. DIF employees 1, Dan 0. :D

So TRUE!! but that's the way that Bullies are, once they get ***** slapped they turn tail and run away.
GOOD BYE DAN!!! :lol: now we can all get back to our jobs and work in a normal working environment.

Congrats to Simon, we will make you proud and not let you down and to the DCFO thanks again.

07-29-2013, 03:17 AM
http:/www.thesharkguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/curly.jpg

08-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Simon is a fool to take the job. We will eat him like we eat everyone else.

08-06-2013, 12:00 AM

Dan, you should have visited this forum. The hand writing was on the wall. Just couldnt help yourself, just had to be the pompous rude Bully that you are. :snicker:

08-09-2013, 01:00 PM
He can't read. He used Jack to read for him.