PDA

View Full Version : Time for a change...

03-30-2011, 04:20 AM
Some of you may say or feel that I have no place writing this message, but it takes a lot for me even make this statement…

I just wanted to remind everyone that over the years I’ve watched the Lauderhill Police Department’s “Thin Blue Line” almost completely vanish. The trend in this agency has become “avoid any form of contact with any officer on administrative leave until the completion of their open investigation”. This is something that has been drilled into our heads over and over again for years by those above us. Senior officers usually ignore this unwritten rule, while the newer officers begin to fear negative repercussions or possible career suicide should they reach out to someone in anyway.

This type of behavior must STOP! Whether an officer is believed to be in the wrong or if the agency is “just following protocol”, you should never cease to communicate with that officer. Hopefully you all haven’t forgotten what it was like to scream on your radio because “the s**t hit the fan” and you now found yourself fighting for your life. No one other than your brothers and sister wearing that badge are going to risk their lives to get to you expeditiously and place themselves in harm’s way to save you. Even if you dislike the person calling for help you never take your time to reach them. Instead you put your safety second until they are safe and the threat is GONE! I think many of you have forgotten those moments somewhere along the line. Maybe this is caused by a promotion to a higher rank or specialized unit, but no matter what the reason remember this… every single one of you, from the Chief down, at some point during your career worked road patrol as a grunt.

I fell victim to this treatment during my recent situation. Last time I checked the Lauderhill Police Department was a small agency of 128 sworn officers; an agency small enough that after a while there really isn’t anyone that doesn’t know you on a one on one bases. I can count on ONE HAND the number of officers that attempted to contact me and see how I was doing. I know that I lost count of how many cries for help that I responded to over my years from other officers via their radio, of which over my tenure I worked on every shift for some period of time. It’s pretty sad when you do the math.
We spend more time at work with each other than with our families and loved ones. So when your life line is cut, no one returns your calls and no one is checking on you because they actually care to know how you’re holding up. This is a pretty scary feeling that only a few of you have experienced. Some of you think that the officer will be fine and they have their family to be there for them. Others may say “well they probably just wanna be left alone” or “I can’t call them because I don’t want to get tangled up in this case”. WRONG! Your family can only do so much and if they aren’t in law enforcement they won’t ever fully understand what you feeling or going through deep down inside.

Remember you never need nor should you discuss the facts of any circumstances surrounding an open investigation, to protect the officer and to keep yourself out of the investigation, but the last time I checked there is no policy or law against checking on the well being of the officer(s).

I resigned under very underhanded circumstances, but what those of you don’t know is that after I was mislead and completely traumatized by the information provided to me, I considered suicide. Those individuals that played a part in my coerced resignation probably don’t realize that they pushed me into a corner and I felt like my world had come to an end and that I had no other choice. Thankfully even though I was very intoxicated due to the stress of the information that was provided to me I was able make the most rational decision possible and called the on duty supervisor to meet me at my residence and retrieve my department issued firearms, which were never taken from me when I was placed on administrative leave. After telling an officer that he or she is being placed on administrative leave in the sergeant’s office and you fail to relieve them of their department issued firearms even after that said officer requests if you need their duty weapon? Sounds like a problem waiting to happen. Why is it that other agencies in this county relieve officers of their department issued firearms and/or place you on desk duty until the completion of their investigation? Rather than sending the officer home to stare at their walls wounding their fate. If the department deems the officer is currently unfit to perform his or her lawful duties as a sworn police officer than why leave that officer in possession of department issued firearms? They don’t leave you with your department issued take home vehicle do they? Anyhow, I honestly believe that night I was the closest I had ever come to even considering suicide as my only escape from the horrible things I just been told moments earlier.

The moral to that story is if there was some sort of support system in place for officers on administrative leave then maybe I would never have felt like that was my only choice, I mostly likely would not have resigned to escape the horrific and threatening message that was relayed to me by someone that I considered a friend on behave of the “MOST POWERFUL MAN IN THE CITY”. Who violated my Police Officer’s Bill of Rights by providing confidential information regarding my open internal affairs investigation to a city employee outside of the scope of the investigation and completely outside of the Lauderhill Police Department all together!

Weeks after my resignation I again reached out to the Lauderhill Police Department’s command staff in tears and I requested to be provided me with a phone number and/or name of someone that I could speak to in order to help me through this difficult time. They never responded to that request. Once again, feeling like my world was ending I sat on the edge of my bed and contemplated suicide. The only thing that stopped me was the thought of how devastated my family would be if I committed this act. I made a few attempts to speak to the Chief and other command staff members for help. The last attempt was after watching the funeral of the two Miami Dade Police Officers who were murdered while attempting to serve a warrant earlier that week. After making my request to the front desk I was denied this opportunity and was met in the Police Department’s Lobby by a Lieutenant. So out of the Chief of Police, two Assistant Chiefs and three Captains I was only met by a Lieutenant? Pretty sad to say the least after four and a half years of service, saving strangers lives and getting injured on many occasions in the line of duty.

Not too long after this, my father came to me and informed me of Officer Elijah Rodgers’ death. I was completely heartbroken and very angry. All I could think of was how close I came to making the same choice after receiving not even a phone reference of someone to speak to for help. As many of you know Officer Rodgers wrote an e-mail and sent it to all City of Lauderhill employee’s hours before he made his fatal choice. City officials attempted to remove this e-mail from the server within minutes of its receipt.
When I sat at Officer Rodgers’ funeral, I honestly felt as if I was sitting at my own. I watched as the room filled with hundreds of people, but how many of them tried to reach out to him? The only humor I found at his funeral was how only after his death was I approached by several members of the Lauderhill Police Department asking me if I was ok and pushing me to talk to a victim’s advocate / therapist from the Pembroke Pines Police Department. Why does it take someone to commit the ultimate sacrifice before other people actually care? Thank you to those individuals that took it upon themselves to try to help me. Funny how the command staff, standing only inches from me, didn’t even have the respect to acknowledge me even after making eye contact with me several times. What great leadership skills. I’m just glad that Officer Rodger’s family would not allow the administration to speak on his behalf. I totally respect you all for taking a stand and not letting those uncaring members of the Lauderhill Police Department give false political speeches.

I only ask one thing… Break this horrible behavior of abandoning your fellow officers who are ever involved in a tragic situation or placed on administrative leave. Forget about whether their actions were wrong or right. Don’t base you decision to contact them solely on whether or not you feel they may be guilty of a crime. Instead remember when you yelled for help on your radio and they came against all obstacles to help you, even if it cost them their life. I know I would have laid down my life for any of you without question and yes I did take it very personal if any of you were injured as a result of someone else’s careless actions. But I never made these decisions based on my personal feels for you, instead all feelings were put aside because you were all my brothers and sisters and I hoped for the same love, respect and treatment in return.

Citizens seem to forget or fail to realize on a daily bases that even though they may dislike or not understand police officers actions, without them to protect you there would be anarchy. Police officers are domestic soldiers who die in the line of duty daily for complete strangers and in order for you to hopefully live a safe and long life. I won’t say that police officers are perfect, because the last time I checked police officers aren’t robots. They are human just like all of you and I would venture to say that there isn’t one sworn law enforcement agent or officer regardless of the rank that hasn’t ever made even the smallest mistake at some point during their career.

I will never truly stop “bleeding blue”, especially when I never wanted to leave in the first place. R.I.P. Elijah, I promise your sacrifice will not be in vain. I will never stop fighting the good fight my friend, NEVER!

Yours Truly,
Officer Andrew A. Peña CCN #390

P.S.

Delete this one Chuck!

03-30-2011, 09:37 PM
WOW ! that pretty much tells it like it is. keep your head held high my brother, those of us that really worked with you always knew that you had our back, and some of us would still like to work side by side with you again. just remember one thing NEVER GIVE UP THE FIGHT !!! :cop:

03-30-2011, 10:16 PM
Well put Pena. good luck to you in your fight.you still have some of us that care and remember the good old days.just watch you back when it comes to these scum bags their all nothing but a big pile of S**T :evil:

03-31-2011, 01:05 AM
MR. Pena,
I find your writing very interesting and dishartening. It is a good thing the Army is NOT like the Lauderhill Police department, we never leave a fallen or hurt soldier behind, it appears that some of the police in this department lack integrity and comment to their fellow officer. No matter what the situation your C.O.C. should be looking out for you and properly advising you of what to do, no matter what the circumstance. I am glad that I do not live within that departments jurisdiction, I would definately be concerned about there abilities if they are controlled by leadership. If SOME, not all, of your fellow police officers do not care about each other, how can they care about the citizens of the community they support!!! This is definatley a bad pleague within your former department, probably more so within the area of supervision and management. Remember the troops are a direct reflection of the command, if command does not show that they care, subordinates will not either. IF there is deception from above, then there is deception every where. I do not know the circumstances of why you resigned or what lead to it, but regardless your C.O.C should have stuck by your side and properly advised you on what to do, not mislead you. I am sure there are some great police officers within that organization but there are definately some I would NOT want to go to war with. I am sure you want legal redemption for what ever it is they did to you and I can understand it. BUT do not let it consume your life and as hard as this may be, I would press on with my life, join a great organizaion, join the ARMY.

03-31-2011, 02:04 AM
keep up the good fight,I wish RODGERS would have done the same thing. we will keep you in our prayers, we don't need another repeat. we all know now how badly you got ****ED. I only know that we wish you the best, and hope you can come back to us some how. GOD BLESS you, and keep the faith :)

03-31-2011, 01:33 PM
OK PENA ALL I CAN SAY IS WELL DONE, AND YOU GOT A BIG SET OF BALLS IN YOUR SACK :shock: LIKE YOU SAID DELETE THIS ONE CHUCK YOU BIG P.O.S.

03-31-2011, 05:21 PM
YEAH ANDREW YOU TELL IT LIKE IT IS
YOU GOT RAW DEAL NOMATTER THAT YOU GAVE AFALSE REPORT TO COVER UP CRASHING YOUR CAR DRUNK
EVERY ONE WHO HAS EVER BEEN YOUR ZONE PARTNER KNOWS THAT YOU WERE A TICKING TIME BOMB. EVERY ONE IS ALWAYS TRYING TO GET YOU, SETTING YOU UP, BULL**** IA'S, TRANSFERS, LYING TO YOU TO GET U TO RESIGN, AND NOW ABANDONING YOU.
NOPE YOU DIDNT DO ANY OF IT TO YOURSELF. I HEARD BOUT THIS RANT THIS MORNING AND HAD TO CHECK IT OUT. DO ME A FAVOR AND DONT BRING UP RODGERS. I HEARD YOU AT THE FUNERAL JUMPING ON SYMPATHY WAGON TALKING LIKE IT WAS YOU.
AND UNLESS YOU GOT HIRED I DONT THINK YOURE SIGNATURE IS RIGHT.

03-31-2011, 07:49 PM
YEAH ANDREW YOU TELL IT LIKE IT IS
YOU GOT RAW DEAL NOMATTER THAT YOU GAVE AFALSE REPORT TO COVER UP CRASHING YOUR CAR DRUNK
EVERY ONE WHO HAS EVER BEEN YOUR ZONE PARTNER KNOWS THAT YOU WERE A TICKING TIME BOMB. EVERY ONE IS ALWAYS TRYING TO GET YOU, SETTING YOU UP, BULLSHIT IA'S, TRANSFERS, LYING TO YOU TO GET U TO RESIGN, AND NOW ABANDONING YOU.
NOPE YOU DIDNT DO ANY OF IT TO YOURSELF. I HEARD BOUT THIS RANT THIS MORNING AND HAD TO CHECK IT OUT. DO ME A FAVOR AND DONT BRING UP RODGERS. I HEARD YOU AT THE FUNERAL JUMPING ON SYMPATHY WAGON TALKING LIKE IT WAS YOU.
AND UNLESS YOU GOT HIRED I DONT THINK YOURE SIGNATURE IS RIGHT.

Wow! Terrible grammar and of course anonymous. I'm going to venture to say that you may be someone with guilt on you're shoulders or s*** on your face after his message. Well put Pena, you spoke from your heart and have a lot more guts than anyone I know. Keep your head up and just know that a lot of us really know the real story and want you back. As for this poster, crawl back into the hole you came from and grow a set of balls large enough to put your name to your words COWARD!

03-31-2011, 08:18 PM
hey Bravo Brove why don't you get your story stright.READ what the man said,not slamming any of us ,just looking out for something that can happen to any of us at any time.by the way you P.O.S...why don't you do us a favor and crawl back under the rock you came out of.***** it guys like you that make me sick.a false police report,looks like you better go down to the State Attorney office and give them your side of the story since that charge got throw in the trash can (where you belong)and also tell them how he was drunk opps i guess you can't since you were'nt on the crash seen.keep listening to the rumor mill you BIG P.O.S. kick a man while he's down. ******!!!

03-31-2011, 08:42 PM
your wright terrible grammar :oops: can anyone say F.D. zack with **** on his hands,or maybe our great command staff,anyway you are all scum bags,and i think the **** thats coming your way is not looking good for any of you. :evil:

03-31-2011, 09:40 PM
Pena the problem you’re having is because you want compassion from people with no souls. They sold them to acquire positions they didn’t deserve much less earn. Just look at their sergeant exam scores, and who can forget the lieutenant exam scores, it was embarrassing really. Now one is a captain and the other an assistant chief. With scores like that you or I wouldn’t have made it out of the third grade, much less to the top of a so called accredited agency, what a joke. Hang in there because their days are numbered!!

04-01-2011, 12:49 AM
well put Pena.like everyone has been tell you,keep your head held high.were all pulling for you (are at least some of us) the truth will come out, and they will have to answer for that. good luck to you always.

04-01-2011, 06:40 AM
hey Bravo Brove why don't you get your story stright.READ what the man said,not slamming any of us ,just looking out for something that can happen to any of us at any time.by the way you P.O.S...why don't you do us a favor and crawl back under the rock you came out of.***** it guys like you that make me sick.a false police report,looks like you better go down to the State Attorney office and give them your side of the story since that charge got throw in the trash can (where you belong)and also tell them how he was drunk opps i guess you can't since you were'nt on the crash seen.keep listening to the rumor mill you BIG P.O.S. kick a man while he's down. ******!!!

holy spell and grammar check people!!!!!!

crash seen? you mean crash scene?

I would love to read your reports

04-01-2011, 05:29 PM
That is correct Bid D- I'm sure our command staff and the FD union guy are spending their time posting to and monitoring our forum. I'm sure this is at the top of their priority list.
Pena, I wish you luck. I think you have a point that just because someone is on AL they shouldn't be abandoned by their friends. If they are abandoned, they probably didn't have that many friends to begin with. Thank you for sharing your perspective, maybe it will help prevet future tragedy, but the previous poster is correct. You are making this about you and starting to come off a little like a 20.

04-01-2011, 06:01 PM
AND THE PENA THING. QUIT TRYING TO ATTRACT ATTENTION BY MAKING ROGERS SUICIDE ALL ABOUT YOU! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU SON.

YOU PUT ON HERE THAT YOUR SUICIDAL!!!! I ACTUALLY AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHERE YOU LIVE BECAUSE I THINK ITS TIME FOR YOU TO EXPERIENCE BEING BAKER ACTED. YOU WANT ATTENTION? HOW ABOUT 72 HOURS OF IT AT FMC

04-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Wow where to start, this is like a TV drama. If there is one thing I know about this department is that Pena is correct in saying it's time for a change. The main scum bag in the department is the Chief of Police. He is responsible for all this garbage and the attitudes of the administration. Lauderhill has some of the finest cops in Broward County and they simply need leadership. The current administration lacks the ability to give proper leadership to the rank and file officers. They are vindictive and petty in their daily dealings with officers and it shows in every facet of the department's operations. The worst part of this entire scenario is the fact that this is the example most mid level managers like sgts and FTOs follow. They actually believe what they see is leadership and anyone who knows what that really looks like knows better.

This department has a history of Black Balling officers, hiding files, targeting select officers for personal reasons and enforcing rules and policies when they feel like it. Frankly some of the officer's here have almost literally gotten away with murder, while some have had to walk on egg shells their entire career to keep a job. The Chief has shown himself to be a bigot and the rest of his cronies have either shown themselves loyal by screwing other officers or guiding internal investigations towards his personal feeling about an officer that moment. Evidence and facts don't apply at the Hill if your of a certain persuasion or gender or if you pissed someone off!lol

Just food for thought, if you have to manufacture someones demise, that person is normal not in violation of a policy. We can't do it to criminals, why is it accepted for officers? There have been documented incidents,DOCUMENTED, where this has happened and nothing was done to any of the guilty parties. This is not ancient history, it's happening as we speak to more than one officer! They tamper with FDLE profiles, call agencies after you leave, pressure you into leaving while your there, grade you on a different scale on promotions and specialized units, refuse training that they know you need to distinquish yourself and give it other's that are less affective. This is down right criminal and in the end it will all come to the light.

04-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Wow where to start, this is like a TV drama. If there is one thing I know about this department is that Pena is correct in saying it's time for a change. The main scum bag in the department is the Chief of Police. He is responsible for all this garbage and the attitudes of the administration. Lauderhill has some of the finest cops in Broward County and they simply need leadership. The current administration lacks the ability to give proper leadership to the rank and file officers. They are vindictive and petty in their daily dealings with officers and it shows in every facet of the department's operations. The worst part of this entire scenario is the fact that this is the example most mid level managers like sgts and FTOs follow. They actually believe what they see is leadership and anyone who knows what that really looks like knows better.

This department has a history of Black Balling officers, hiding files, targeting select officers for personal reasons and enforcing rules and policies when they feel like it. Frankly some of the officer's here have almost literally gotten away with murder, while some have had to walk on egg shells their entire career to keep a job. The Chief has shown himself to be a bigot and the rest of his cronies have either shown themselves loyal by screwing other officers or guiding internal investigations towards his personal feeling about an officer that moment. Evidence and facts don't apply at the Hill if your of a certain persuasion or gender or if you pissed someone off!lol

Just food for thought, if you have to manufacture someones demise, that person is normal not in violation of a policy. We can't do it to criminals, why is it accepted for officers? There have been documented incidents,DOCUMENTED, where this has happened and nothing was done to any of the guilty parties. This is not ancient history, it's happening as we speak to more than one officer! They tamper with FDLE profiles, call agencies after you leave, pressure you into leaving while your there, grade you on a different scale on promotions and specialized units, refuse training that they know you need to distinquish yourself and give it other's that are less affective. This is down right criminal and in the end it will all come to the light.

I've been here for several years now and have seen all of this for myself! "OLD OFFICER", that was DEAD ACCURATE!!!! So sad but so true. We have so many fine officers who are all lead by complete idiots. Not all though, we do have one or two good people in admin. Gordon, Butkus just to name a select few.

I also agree with Pena's statement but kid, your coming off a bit nuts. cool down. I liked you but broadcasting that you nearly ate your gun on here? Not sure why you quit. You say you were forced out. Do you want to come back? If so, you might want to omit the suicide attempts. No psych doc would ever sign off on you now.

04-01-2011, 09:03 PM
What is wrong with you guys??? Are you all illiterate???? Why don’t you re-read Pena’s post. The message is pretty clear to me. Maybe some of you are using this post to voice your personal opinions of him. How can you bash this kid after he had the BALLS to even admit what he personally went through?? I’m disgusted at some of your posts. I agree to an extent, airing dirty laundry on a public website may not have been his best choice. Yes the kid has been known to be a bit dramatic at times too. How could you even say, "if he wants attention let’s find where he lives and Backer Act him"?? Hey P.O.S. how long have you been a cop because I know several officers within this agency that have at some point contemplated suicide. One of them is currently a sergeant and went through a bad divorce years back and if I remember correctly he was on suicide watch by his close friends (which was not a secret)! Maybe every member of this agency should be checked by a “phsych doc”. Last time I checked law enforcement held one of the highest suicide rates! Not slamming anyone here, everyone just needs get with the program. Help each other and stop this internal hatred you all seem to have. Typical Lauderhill cowards, brave behind an anonymous name and keyboard, however you would never put your name to those words or say it to someone’s face. How about this, you post your name and I’ll meet you where ever you want like a man, otherwise continue to be a p**** behind your keyboard. Now leave the kid alone, as someone else already posted stop kicking someone when they’re already down before we lose another brother to this senseless garbage. Don’t listen to these few a******* Pena and don’t reply to them either. The majority of these replies seem to be in your favor just remember that!

04-01-2011, 11:56 PM
What is wrong with you guys??? Are you all illiterate???? Why don’t you re-read Pena’s post. The message is pretty clear to me. Maybe some of you are using this post to voice your personal opinions of him. How can you bash this kid after he had the BALLS to even admit what he personally went through?? I’m disgusted at some of your posts. I agree to an extent, airing dirty laundry on a public website may not have been his best choice. Yes the kid has been known to be a bit dramatic at times too. How could you even say, "if he wants attention let’s find where he lives and Backer Act him"?? Hey P.O.S. how long have you been a cop because I know several officers within this agency that have at some point contemplated suicide. One of them is currently a sergeant and went through a bad divorce years back and if I remember correctly he was on suicide watch by his close friends (which was not a secret)! Maybe every member of this agency should be checked by a “phsych doc”. Last time I checked law enforcement held one of the highest suicide rates! Not slamming anyone here, everyone just needs get with the program. Help each other and stop this internal hatred you all seem to have. Typical Lauderhill cowards, brave behind an anonymous name and keyboard, however you would never put your name to those words or say it to someone’s face. How about this, you post your name and I’ll meet you where ever you want like a man, otherwise continue to be a p**** behind your keyboard. Now leave the kid alone, as someone else already posted stop kicking someone when they’re already down before we lose another brother to this senseless garbage. Don’t listen to these few a******* Pena and don’t reply to them either. The majority of these replies seem to be in your favor just remember that!

Were not as dumb as you think, Mr. Pena. ya, I'm a detective for a reason and was able to quickly determine that this came from your computer.

We are not angry at Former Officer Pena and most of us feel for him. Your son went about it the wrong way and he knows what I'm talking about.

He did and is continuing to do things that are unacceptable. If he really bleeds blue as he stresses, than he should know exactly what I'm talking about.

He needs to understand and accept the fact that he will never work for this organization again and sadly, despite what you think, he buried his career. He did it alone and without the help of others. He can paint whatever picture he wants to help himself sleep at night.

Former Officer Pena, move on and continue your life. Good luck and yes, it was a pleasure working with you (for the most part).

04-02-2011, 01:54 AM

Were not as dumb as you think, Mr. Pena. ya, I'm a detective for a reason and was able to quickly determine that this came from your computer.

We are not angry at Former Officer Pena and most of us feel for him. Your son went about it the wrong way and he knows what I'm talking about.

He did and is continuing to do things that are unacceptable. If he really bleeds blue as he stresses, than he should know exactly what I'm talking about.

He needs to understand and accept the fact that he will never work for this organization again and sadly, despite what you think, he buried his career. He did it alone and without the help of others. He can paint whatever picture he wants to help himself sleep at night.

Former Officer Pena, move on and continue your life. Good luck and yes, it was a pleasure working with you (for the most part).

No one is insinuating that you any of you are dumb. I really wasn’t trying to disguise myself. I didn’t think you need a shiny gold detective badge to figure out that a FATHER wrote that. If you are a parent anonymous DETECTIVE then you should understand my post loud and clear. My son refuses to reply to any of these posts. He told me that he said what he need to say, END OF STORY! I was very proud but also very scared the day my son chose this profession. After reading some of these posts I don’t think I would ever feel safe knowing my son is working with or for some heartless people like you again. His message had nothing to do with “ATTENTION”. He simply wanted to try to prevent the treatment that Lauderhill gives to their troops after he heard of the recent officer involved shooting. I do have a lot of respect for most of you, never forget that. Many of you I give my life for as you would have to save my son. I fed as many of you as I could out of my own pocket on several holidays because I felt you were under appreciated for the time you sacrificed away from your families. I’ll never forget my son’s first Thanksgiving in Lauderhill and Ofc. Horn telling me “thank you, all he had to eat today was a bowl of cereal”. I don’t care whether or not you personally liked my son or me for that matter, but don’t twist his words or disrespect his choice to selflessly post his personal situation out this page in order to make a change amongst his OLD co-workers. He still has a lot of love for most of you. If he didn’t I would venture to say that he would ever have put his business out here in the first place. He told me that he knew he was going to get slammed but he submitted it anyway. If you’re a parent you might understand my point of view, I personally don’t think he should have even wasted his time posting anything for any of you. However I must respect my son’s choice even though I see he was right and he threw himself and his PERSONAL BUSINESS to the “wolves”. By the way DETECTIVE, if that truly is your current rank, try not to be a smart ass because I am not my son and won’t stand for the disrespect. If you’ve been there long enough, I’m sure you either enjoyed a plate of my food or some nice sports tickets with your friends and family. I won’t be replying anymore. Easy up on my son and keep me out of this drama. For those of you who TRULY knew and worked with my son, I know he wasn’t perfect but how many of you walk this earth without sin?

Not Ashamed to sign,
Mario Pena

04-02-2011, 02:33 AM
Well said Mr. Pena. We care and worry for your son.

Let's leave it at that and enough with this crap on Leo Affairs. This is not what this site was designed for. This is embarrassing.

Let this be the last post regarding this matter. Pena, we love you and care for you. Good luck kid and keep your chin up, no matter what you encounter.

-True Blue

04-02-2011, 03:30 AM
Some of you have alot of free time on your hands!
Grow up and get a life, if you don't like what Pena wrote why the hell you wasting your time reading every post?
Some of you are f******* children!!!!!!!!!!!

Like little girls in middle school "he say she say" lol
Half a youz needa learn how to bleed blue selfish childish m***** ********

04-02-2011, 04:54 AM
HEY MOD, DO YOUR DAMN JOB AND BAN THESE LAST 2 POSTERS FROM OUR PAGE

04-02-2011, 04:58 PM
There's more brotherhood in the streets then in this department....

04-04-2011, 05:40 AM
Andrew, just curious why did you quit? Your post sounds like you want to come back so I agree with writer above. Maybe you should delete all this suicide stuff. If you come back or go to any agency they will see it in a back ground check just by googleing your name.
And sorry to point out the difference but what were we supposed to do for you? I dont know your story I just know rumors. The story, not saying its true or not is you wrecked your car and made a false report than you quit before you were fired. You said you were traumatized and intoxicated with stress by info you heard moments earlier. We were supposed to assume you were suicidal, call you at that exact minute after you heard whatever you heard? According to your letter we were supposed to prevent you from shooting yourself and prevent you from resigning as well? Im not trying to be a **** I just dont get it. The point seems to be to not abandon guys on AL. didn't you say you reached out to thev on duty supervisor and he took your gun? Why didn't he get you help. Why didn't you get it yourself? Why didnt you reach out to your rep? Your post would have more affect if you just said don't forget your brothers on AL. When you sprinkle in little bits of how you were coerced and your open investigation your bill of rights and how only a lieutenant would talk to you weeks later your true motivations become suspect.

04-05-2011, 12:08 AM
He who throws mud loses ground.

-Fat Albert

04-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Andrew, just curious why did you quit? Your post sounds like you want to come back so I agree with writer above. Maybe you should delete all this suicide stuff. If you come back or go to any agency they will see it in a back ground check just by googleing your name.
And sorry to point out the difference but what were we supposed to do for you? I dont know your story I just know rumors. The story, not saying its true or not is you wrecked your car and made a false report than you quit before you were fired. You said you were traumatized and intoxicated with stress by info you heard moments earlier. We were supposed to assume you were suicidal, call you at that exact minute after you heard whatever you heard? According to your letter we were supposed to prevent you from shooting yourself and prevent you from resigning as well? Im not trying to be a **** I just dont get it. The point seems to be to not abandon guys on AL. didn't you say you reached out to thev on duty supervisor and he took your gun? Why didn't he get you help. Why didn't you get it yourself? Why didnt you reach out to your rep? Your post would have more affect if you just said don't forget your brothers on AL. When you sprinkle in little bits of how you were coerced and your open investigation your bill of rights and how only a lieutenant would talk to you weeks later your true motivations become suspect.

EXTREMELY WELL PUT!

Kinda getting tired of reading this crap but I totally agree with the above post. All we have are the rumors and we all know how that works. Since you put out your business for the world to read and decided to get the worlds biggest tattoo inked to your chest, tell us what happened. We are lost and it seems that you are trying to bash and blame everyone except yourself. Rumor has it that a fire union rep gave you advice based on the facts in which you provided him. Per the rumor mill, he gave you friendly advice and as a result, you resigned. Based on the information that 90% of us received, it seemed that it was in your best interest based on your history with our agency. I'm not sure what your currently doing now, but if your trying to pursue the "I want my job back", you might wanna stop with informing the world of suicidal remarks. I hardly worked with you but knew of your reputation. Not all bad, but certainly not a saint.

I also read above where you went to one of our officers funerals and told everyone that you tried killing yourself? Is this true? If so, why? Our cops were down as it was and you felt that it was appropriate to add that stress to our already hurt officers???

Brother, seek help but stay strong. And that tattoo. I'm not going to bash it but that's very unusual as well. Are you trying to send us messages? If so, just tell us whats up and what do you need from the Lauderhill Police Dept. We didn't abandon you. You resigned. You turned in your tin and gun. Cant pass that blame on a fire union rep who you called for advice. I know him personally and he's a standup guy. He wouldn't have given you bad information. And now I'm learning that your trying to say he coerced you? Come on Andrew, you were a 5 year police officer. How is that possible?

Nobody here is against you but most of us are confused as heck because we simply don't know what happened out there.

Like the previous poster advised, you need to ask the moderator if he can maybe delete this entire thread on your behalf because Lauderhill will certainly use your own suicidal admissions against you along with other agencies.

Good luck buddy,