PDA

View Full Version : upcoming changes

03-25-2011, 12:58 AM
Just wondering how others feel about theupcoming changes. Comments on the new chief, who will be his command staff, how if at all will things change? Right move or not so sure? Just wondering.

Just wondering if anyone will be assigned to rid the sally port of the birds. Brought in a 10-15 and when I came out my vehicle was covered with liquid bird crap. Looks like the aftermath of a fire fight. Don't know what they are eating but seems to work better than elax. Just wondering.

Just wondering why alpha shift has personnel go 10-8 at 1700 hours. Bravo has people working overtime on calls while early alpha does traffic stops from 1700 until 1830 every day. "Pull me a case for sig. 73." "Show me 10-50". "Show me clear of that vehicle still 10-6".
"Copy another vehicle". "Show me clear of that vehicle still 10-6". This goes on until all bravo units are 10-7. Now they have the bravo swing shift (unknowing rookies) thinking this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. So all the swing shift people are doing traffic for an hour and a half while the other bravo units handle calls up to and beyond their 10-7 time. Just wondering.

Just wondering how everybody else feels about things. Comments, concerns, problems, questions, just want to let off a little steam. Lets hear about it cause I'm just wondering.

03-25-2011, 06:57 PM
the choice for chief was good, and the two new major positions were also good choices... but can someone please explain the point in blocking the left hand turn lane on 100 W beach, the traffic it causes is unbelievable bad, and thats why there are so many people blocking the intersection at 200 W beach while on a green light

03-27-2011, 05:47 PM
I have a novel idea...how about promoting a few people that actually have a clue how to do police work and have actually accomplished something while employed with the agency. Just an idea.

03-27-2011, 10:09 PM
I was Just Wondering the same thing about the lane blockage. Traffic up the rectum on a normal day, add in rush hour, and the racetrack and you have whats known as a cluster $%&*.
Problem is the engineer who made this brillant decision has never had sweat dripping off his testicles while working a traffic accident or attempting to control the traffic in that area. That decision was made from a plush, air conditioned office, most likely after an nice two hour lunch, while looking at traffic surveys conducted by electronic means. So who are we to question this high paid, well educated, controller of the traffic world. They knowm whats best for us little folk.

I was also Just Wondering when the negitive responses would begin. Not long as i suspected. We are facing changes with a new administration and there are links to the past. I would hope that before we begin making judgements we at least give the new administration some time to see if they will have a new approach. I am as suspicious as any one and have endured a long history of poor administration, bad management, and just down right dirty politics. I've see more butts licked, kissed, and sucked that I believe they had to give Hep. A shots department wide to prevent a Hep. A outbreak. I do however have a wait and see approach to the new administration and hope things will be different. If not then i can alway revert to my digruntled self.

Just wondering what it must feel like to have been on the other side of the political fence. Knowing that your meal ticket has been pulled and you now have to be judged by the other side and that you have nothing to offer. Knowing that on your own merit you have no shot.

03-28-2011, 06:15 PM
I was not being negative about the new admin. I was however just expressing a hope that I somewhat have with the new regime. I know most of us know the people who should have never been promoted recently, but I am also referring to the idiots that have been promoted over the past 3-5 years that are now eligible for Captain. We all know who they are and just hope the new admin acknowledges their flagrent uselessness. I'm just sitting with my fingers crossed, but my faith has diminished over the years so I can't help my feelings of doubt.

03-28-2011, 07:57 PM
I understand and feel excactly the same way. Sorry if if misunderstood your post. Just Wondering how others feel. Don't be shy, speak your mind.

03-29-2011, 02:50 PM
I think that most of us are holding on to hope, despite the feelings of distrust that have plagued this agency for years. I am hoping that the right choices will be made and the right people will be put in charge. We certainly don't need the pompous a$$ kissers rewarded anymore in this agency. There is a hat trick of douchebags that immediately come to mind that are currently eligible for a Captain position. These three thought they had a lock on the position prior to Chief Magill's untimely death...and the truth of the matter is they probably did. I can only hope that the new administration sees right through the BS and picks a command staff that not only treats people with respect but actually knows this job and has proven their competence through hard work and productivity. This is a crucial step in moving this agency in the right direction.

03-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Just Wondering how you could express my thoughts so well. Well played guest and thanks for your imput.

Just Wondwring about the rest of you that talk crap all day and night. Scared you might express youself and the new Admin. will read this forum. Guess what I started this knowing they would read it, we want them to read it, we dare them to read it, if they have the guts respond to it, and most important use it as a gauge on there progress or lack there of. This is away for us to express ourselves and at the same time let the Admin. know how we feel.

Just Wondering if any of you will grow a pair and let us and the Admin. know what you think. Anything can be fair game. The 80 thousand plus mile vehicles some of us drive, the new 511 uniforms, general orders, you get the idea. Let it go, stop *****ing and start trying to make a difference.

03-29-2011, 11:23 PM
Just Wondering how you could express my thoughts so well. Well played guest and thanks for your imput.

Just Wondwring about the rest of you that talk crap all day and night. Scared you might express youself and the new Admin. will read this forum. Guess what I started this knowing they would read it, we want them to read it, we dare them to read it, if they have the guts respond to it, and most important use it as a gauge on there progress or lack there of. This is away for us to express ourselves and at the same time let the Admin. know how we feel.

Just Wondering if any of you will grow a pair and let us and the Admin. know what you think. Anything can be fair game. The 80 thousand plus mile vehicles some of us drive, the new 511 uniforms, general orders, you get the idea. Let it go, stop *****ing and start trying to make a difference.

if everything is fair game then who are you??? you know part of making a change is eventually showing your face. im not taking sides and agreeing with the admin, trust me i agree with you one hundred percent, but this go-get-em attitude must be backed by something real because if it isnt then it starts to become real lame, real quick. sorry brother but i would much rather read about our departments plagiarism problems and laughing about it. and by the way, LETS MAKE A DIFFERENCE, LETS FIGHT THE POWER, LET ALL STAND TOGEHTER AND UNITE...didnt work too well for Wisconsin...just a thought...i mean...just wondering

03-30-2011, 12:28 AM
when will the contact cards be eliminated?

03-30-2011, 02:18 AM
Just Wondering why a cowboy would start personal attacks when this was the very thing i was trying to avoid. The idea was to talk about issues not attack individauls. But since you ask I'm the guy responsible for the benifits the current group can't seem to hold on to, I'm the guy was was doing police work while you were still in middle school most likely, I'm the guy who stood up to the old Admin. toe to toe for 15 years, and suffered their rath without waivering, I'm the one they unsucessfully tried to fire, I'm the one who fought battles you would run from, I'm the only one to get a special assignment to a task force just to get me out of the day to day operations of the department and off their backs. I'm the one who brought in millions of dollars to the Law Enforcement Trust Fund over the past five years. You know money used only for the PD to purchase non budgeted equipment and other needs (you are welcome cowboy). You attack me and want to know who I am, well take the clues and ask around it shouldn't be hard for you to figure out. If you still can't then look at the top of the seniority list, still can't ask again and maybe I'll let you know cowboy, I have nothing to hide I just don't want to tell you because I don't like your attitude. By the way since you are such a tough guy, who are you, I didn't see you name attached to your post, hotshot. With regards to balls I have no doubt that I have more that you and the rest of your little pals combined. Difference is I've evolved and can use my brain also.

Sorry to the rest of you about the first part of this post but it was clear someone has no clue and needed to be set stright.

On to the purpose of the forum. Citizen contact cards, don't know much about how they got started because i was away, but they do seem obsurd to me. I have it on good information that the likes of Wally Cleever, Seymour Butts and other celebtries have been contacted in our city recently. When will they be stopped my guess is when the Admin. realizes what we already know, they are a joke.

Hope to hear form those you understand the purpose of this forum real soon. Until then I Just Keep Wondering.

03-30-2011, 03:07 AM
[quote="Just Wondering":149hziq9]Just Wondering how you could express my thoughts so well. Well played guest and thanks for your imput.

if everything is fair game then who are you??? you know part of making a change is eventually showing your face. im not taking sides and agreeing with the admin, trust me i agree with you one hundred percent, but this go-get-em attitude must be backed by something real because if it isnt then it starts to become real lame, real quick. sorry brother but i would much rather read about our departments plagiarism problems and laughing about it. and by the way, LETS MAKE A DIFFERENCE, LETS FIGHT THE POWER, LET ALL STAND TOGEHTER AND UNITE...didnt work too well for Wisconsin...just a thought...i mean...just wondering[/quote:149hziq9]

Oh here we go..."pseudo balls" calls us out because we don't post our names. Seriously, what is your problem? A few people on this forum are bringing up valid points and voicing their opinions like adults and you pipe in with your "WHO ARE YOU" crap. Like I have said in the past, this site enables people to voice their opinions anonymously without fear of retribution. What is the matter with that? I realize that at times the powers to be would love to think that their position warrants them to silence one of our consitutional rights, but unfortunately the truth of the matter is they are just not that powerful in the whole scheme of things. So as long as we don't violate the terms of use, we can continue to discuss matters, serious or in jest, on this site.

03-31-2011, 11:49 PM
Just Wondering why a cowboy would start personal attacks when this was the very thing i was trying to avoid. The idea was to talk about issues not attack individauls. But since you ask I'm the guy responsible for the benifits the current group can't seem to hold on to, I'm the guy was was doing police work while you were still in middle school most likely, I'm the guy who stood up to the old Admin. toe to toe for 15 years, and suffered their rath without waivering, I'm the one they unsucessfully tried to fire, I'm the one who fought battles you would run from, I'm the only one to get a special assignment to a task force just to get me out of the day to day operations of the department and off their backs. I'm the one who brought in millions of dollars to the Law Enforcement Trust Fund over the past five years. You know money used only for the PD to purchase non budgeted equipment and other needs (you are welcome cowboy). You attack me and want to know who I am, well take the clues and ask around it shouldn't be hard for you to figure out. If you still can't then look at the top of the seniority list, still can't ask again and maybe I'll let you know cowboy, I have nothing to hide I just don't want to tell you because I don't like your attitude. By the way since you are such a tough guy, who are you, I didn't see you name attached to your post, hotshot. With regards to balls I have no doubt that I have more that you and the rest of your little pals combined. Difference is I've evolved and can use my brain also.

Sorry to the rest of you about the first part of this post but it was clear someone has no clue and needed to be set stright.

On to the purpose of the forum. Citizen contact cards, don't know much about how they got started because i was away, but they do seem obsurd to me. I have it on good information that the likes of Wally Cleever, Seymour Butts and other celebtries have been contacted in our city recently. When will they be stopped my guess is when the Admin. realizes what we already know, they are a joke.

Hope to hear form those you understand the purpose of this forum real soon. Until then I Just Keep Wondering.

Based on the clues you've given us, my guess is your Tim Derflinger. Thanks for fighting all those wars with the previous admin. Thank you for keeping the streets safe while I was in middle school so I could play volleyball and bring a state championship to my school. Thank you for for bringing in millions of dollars for our leo trust fund so our little NW kids can play football, soccer and lacrosse. You know what? We should change the Lola Salsman award and rename it the Follor award. Honestly, you are a true American Hero and if we all haven't told you lately this department wouldn't be anything without you. This city would probably still be a little farming community without you arriving here in 1988 and changing this little world.
We thank you for all your past accomplishments and the furture ones to come. With that being said nobody gives a Sh%t of what you've done. Just shut the Fu&k up do your last 2 or 3 years and get the F&8k out of here like Jimmy will tomorrow.

04-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Hey fool - Timothy Derflinger retired and left about 8 months ago! Being unaware of this - you have to be someone from the past who also left and must be carrying some real deep grudges. Care to reveal WHO YOU ARE and why you are bothering to read such "Silly Stuff". :oops:

04-01-2011, 03:33 PM
All those clues - and you come up with Derflinger :? Come on, do a little investigative work. Hey MF - you blew your own horn pretty loud. Your not trying to step into the roll of the Pied Piper again, are you?

04-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Hey Eintein, am I the only one that could tell that he said Derflinger out of sarcasm? And oh boy this guy sure did toot his horn. Let's review...the poster says that he is responsible for the very benefits that we couldn't hold on to. Well if this poster is actually MF then allow me to rewind several contracts ago when MF openly bragged to a fellow rep that he negotiated that contract for himself and he didn't care about anyone else...and then laughed about it. You know the contract...the one that we gave up our medical stipend for this half assed RHS. After reading his post, this guys describes himself like he can walk on water. Well for all who have only been here a few years: this guy used to be a good cop but turned into a bitter, disgruntled blow hard who only has a few other bitter disgruntled blow hards standing behind him. He now waddles through the police department with a really scary scowl on his face. Newsflash: nobody is impressed!! You are outnumbered here by a younger generation that is no longer enamored with lip smacking story telling. My suggestion is to limit your "ROAR...I did this and ROAR...I did that" rants and just come to work, do your job and maybe try and get along with some of the people you work with. It may actually make for a more enjoyable couple years that you have left.

04-04-2011, 01:42 AM

Big M, Seriously dude?? What is with that? you're a good cop, but why tarnish that with this chest pounding attitude? for a guy who couldn't stand how our late chief was, you sure are acting like him right now. that's just really disappointing.

04-07-2011, 10:08 PM
I have a novel idea...how about promoting a few people that actually have a clue how to do police work and have actually accomplished something while employed with the agency. Just an idea.

Why start now? For 22 years ( and probably longer than that) there was no such thing as promoting the best person for the job. And now there aren't too many left that are even qualified for the highest positions... And why make someone Chief if they are going to be leaving when they finish the DROP in a couple years? The idiocy continues. At least they didn't promote Capt. Q. She's the epitome of not having a clue...

04-07-2011, 10:35 PM

Big M, Seriously dude?? What is with that? you're a good cop, but why tarnish that with this chest pounding attitude? for a guy who couldn't stand how our late chief was, you sure are acting like him right now. that's just really disappointing.

hey Big M - Miss you! I am glad to see nothing has changed, you're my hero.
MM 1987

04-08-2011, 01:49 AM
they promoted the new chief because he was the best qualified out of all the candidates... bottom line. there is no argument against that.. as far as the future promotions for sgts and captains i'm assuming the final word is up to the new chief.. so if he is the best qualified for chief, then we should trust him to make the best decision for the new promotions... time will tell...

04-09-2011, 02:10 PM
They should have hired from the outside, then maybe all you cry babies would stop complaining.....

04-09-2011, 02:21 PM
They should have hired from the outside, then maybe all you cry babies would stop complaining.....

Why don't you go change your Depends and tell someone a story about the way things were "back then". But make sure its from long enough ago that nobody is still around to confirm or deny your spewing BS.

04-09-2011, 03:11 PM
No Depends here yet, but maybe you should change your DIAPERS because they sure stink.

04-09-2011, 03:33 PM
How about Kirchoff showing up to the Chief's ceremony wearing jeans. I personally think that was just a final slap in the face to Chief Flournoy on the way out the door. Officers, friends and family from around the tri-county area attended dressed in business attire or Class A uniforms and the individual that Chief Flournoy is replacing shows up in jeans. Enough said.

04-17-2011, 07:54 PM
How about Kirchoff showing up to the Chief's ceremony wearing jeans. I personally think that was just a final slap in the face to Chief Flournoy on the way out the door. Officers, friends and family from around the tri-county area attended dressed in business attire or Class A uniforms and the individual that Chief Flournoy is replacing shows up in jeans. Enough said.
Oh my god you are so right, thank god the GQ police are monitoring us. Blue jeans, how heinous. I guess you didn't hear what he said about Chief Flournoy when they were trying to get him to talk about himself. class does show thru even in blue jeans.

04-18-2011, 04:52 AM
[quote="Class Act":3r1jnng3]How about Kirchoff showing up to the Chief's ceremony wearing jeans. I personally think that was just a final slap in the face to Chief Flournoy on the way out the door. Officers, friends and family from around the tri-county area attended dressed in business attire or Class A uniforms and the individual that Chief Flournoy is replacing shows up in jeans. Enough said.
Oh my god you are so right, thank god the GQ police are monitoring us. Blue jeans, how heinous. I guess you didn't hear what he said about Chief Flournoy when they were trying to get him to talk about himself. class does show thru even in blue jeans.[/quote:3r1jnng3]

Nice post Jim.

04-18-2011, 01:32 PM
What a bunch of whiney babies. Admit it, you all a bunch of children with guns. Get some Prozac and a life.

No No, that wont work. You trapped because you are unemployable anywhere else. Stuck in your miserable lives feeding your egos with chicken wings and beer.

Miss you Tommy.

04-18-2011, 02:08 PM
the best thing that could have happened for the Hallandale Beach Police Department was the untimely loss of Tommy! He had lost his mind already.

04-18-2011, 04:00 PM
I was just wondering during the awards/promotional ceremony when S1 was ranting and raving how great RD was as an officer, if what he said was true. Because what I hear is that the only claim to fame she had was walking federal hwy as an undercover 47. Also I heard she was considered civilian of the year at the front desk from 06-09. One more shining moment from the ceremony I want to get more information on is what does and I quote "everybody knows I am a ride or die chick" mean? I mean during a ceremony with commissioners and city staff in attendance and the words that come out of your mouth is that. WOW!

04-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Reverse Cowgirl :devil:

04-25-2011, 05:37 AM
The appointment of Flournoy is like when you want a Kit-Kat bar and all the have is those white chocolate ones, you dont really want it but you buy it anyways. You eat it and it satisfies your cravings...., sort of.

04-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Dear "Voice of Reason",

Please think about what you are going to say before you put it on paper, or in this case on a web site. I have no idea what you were trying to say. That post did nothing but muddy the water of what you obviously thought to be a profound statement. That being said, I personally feel Chief Flournoy is doing a PHENOMINAL job in his new position. I know, factorial speaking, that the large majority of the department feels his way as well; so, I'm confused as to why you would post on here with the perceived intention of undermining our (the departments) new direction.

04-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Dear "Voice of Reason",

Please think about what you are going to say before you put it on paper, or in this case on a web site. I have no idea what you were trying to say. That post did nothing but muddy the water of what you obviously thought to be a profound statement. That being said, I personally feel Chief Flournoy is doing a PHENOMINAL job in his new position. I know, factorial speaking, that the large majority of the department feels his way as well; so, I'm confused as to why you would post on here with the perceived intention of undermining our (the departments) new direction.

Yeah a real profound statement. The poster is obviously one of our select disgruntled douchebags that is unhappy about everything, including who they are. Nothing will ever make them happy so when you see them stomping around with their scary little scowls on their faces...just laugh at them. I don't need to name them, we all know who they are. I do want to say that I agree that the large majority of the department are extremely positive and happy with the direction that Chief Flournoy is taking the department. It's amazing how the attitude changes when your employees aren't walking around on eggshells. Keep up the good work Chief...the majority are behind you.

05-01-2011, 08:10 PM
The appointment of Flournoy is like when you want a Kit-Kat bar and all the have is those white chocolate ones, you dont really want it but you buy it anyways. You eat it and it satisfies your cravings...., sort of.

Seriously, that has to be one of the dumbest comparisons ever thought up. I sincerely hope this wasn't the result of your deep thinking in front of your computer for any length of time. I can't even break your balls to disagree with you because I'm not even sure what your thinking. Instead of failing to be witty, just post what you think.

05-02-2011, 03:32 AM
bin laden is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
lets remember our brothers and sisters who died that day....