PDA

View Full Version : Please Vote in November.

03-19-2011, 01:11 AM
http://www.news-press.com/article/20110 ... lice-union (http://www.news-press.com/article/20110318/NEWS0101/110318027/Proposal-hammered-out-put-before-Cape-Coral-police-union)

03-21-2011, 04:35 PM
link doesn't work??

04-08-2011, 02:33 AM
What we need is the PBA, Did you hear how the PBA is filing Greivence's agaisnt the Chief and the City! They are not afaird like our FOP is.

04-08-2011, 02:54 PM
What we need is the PBA, Did you hear how the PBA is filing Greivence's agaisnt the Chief and the City! They are not afaird like our FOP is.

Is this really how you spell? How do you write reports? Don't you at least have to have a high school diploma to be an officer? Computer's have spell check, but I guess you don't know how to use that either? I'm not trying to be mean here, but I would expect better than this and you should expect better of yourself.

04-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Hey Spelling Bee King - this former officer (now a Spelling Bee judge) can tell you that sometimes, after an officer works all night on a shift (and is home in an informal setting) that spelling shouldn't and can't really matter. This is especially true on blogs, forums, and other informal communications when one doesn't know if the writer isn't even an officer. I hope the officer writing this was enjoying a cold beer - seriously.

And your post was mean. Lighten up.

Is this really how you spell? How do you write reports? Don't you at least have to have a high school diploma to be an officer? Computer's have spell check, but I guess you don't know how to use that either? I'm not trying to be mean here, but I would expect better than this and you should expect better of yourself.

04-12-2011, 01:42 PM
[quote="Spelling Bee King"]Hey Spelling Bee King - this former officer (now a Spelling Bee judge) can tell you that sometimes, after an officer works all night on a shift (and is home in an informal setting) that spelling shouldn't and can't really matter. This is especially true on blogs, forums, and other informal communications when one doesn't know if the writer isn't even an officer. I hope the officer writing this was enjoying a cold beer - seriously.

And your post was mean. Lighten up.

Maybe you're right, maybe it was a little mean, didn't mean it to be. I used to proofread in the legal profession. It's a perception thing. But now I read a lot of police reports in my current profession and the spelling in those are absolutely terrible. Certainly makes it difficult for the person having to deal with them. Either you can spell or you can't, a typo is different. This was more than typos. Rarely do I have an experience with a CCPD officer where they're not mean, probably don't mean to be, but they are, even when I'm the victim. Not all of the officers, but quite a few. Mostly the younger officers are the nicer ones. Again, it's a perception thing....get it?

04-12-2011, 11:33 PM
However - the post may not have even been written by a CCPD officer, or an officer at all. The anonymity offered on these blogs leads one to wonder.

I understand the value of a written report, especially when lives hang in the balance as a result of accuracy. You make a good point.

Perhaps the author was on beer #2 (or really tired) - let's hope.

04-21-2011, 04:13 AM
Our PBA?? The one started by officers and now comprised of mostly civiilian drunk whiners. Yeah there's some truth to that. Some VA's were upset that there cash cow was in danger so they baffled everyone with B.S. and put on a misty eyed, crocodile tear, theatrical presentation and saved the day.

04-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Our PBA?? The one started by officers and now comprised of mostly civiilian drunk whiners. Yeah there's some truth to that. Some VA's were upset that there cash cow was in danger so they baffled everyone with B.S. and put on a misty eyed, crocodile tear, theatrical presentation and saved the day.

Did it work? Then who are the smart ones? Take a lesson.