PDA

View Full Version : We Need FOP or PBA

03-15-2011, 06:07 PM
I just read in the email how the Teamsters screwed over the deputies (and in particular Sgt Cantrell). This is just another reason why we need to vote out the Teamsters. Remember a couple of years ago when we "purchased" a yearbook and the never received the yearbook. Where is the money? I bet the Teamsters are using the money for their own interests instead of helping out the Deputies. Teamsters---bring back Sgt Cantrell....give back the money from the nonexistent yearbooks.

03-17-2011, 12:39 AM
A few years ago when President Reagan was running against then President Carter he asked Americans if they were better off after the four years of the Carter Presidency. The answer was obviously no. I would like anybody to ask Volusia Deputies if they are better off in the 5 years that the teamsters have been "in charge" of us. No pay raises, fewer benefits and no hope for the future. The answer is clear...the Teamsters are akin tothe Carter presidency. A deputy pays $600 a year for this?

03-22-2011, 02:01 PM
I guess the Teamsters should get some credit...they got the Deland PD a raise. Too bad they have been with us for five years and never gottten the VCSO a raise or any benefits. What a joke for a bargaining unit they are.

04-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Give them a call Lee County just got them in and are the same size agency as you.

04-02-2011, 09:37 AM
All the unions are the same you need someone vocal and not worried about getting there head cut off for speaking out, but in these economic times no one is getting raises regardless of who is representing you. I retired from a south florida agency represented by IUPA and to me they did a great job. My base salary as an Officer was $67,000 and had little difficulty making $100,000 a year. My pension is $60,000 after 20 years service and I am grateful to IUPA. We had the PBA before IUPA so thats my 2 cents worth. :D :D

Flyprivate
04-05-2011, 11:15 PM
Now is the time to start talking about your future with a real police organization - the Fraternal Order of Police.

We offer several lower-cost, higher-quality plans for active LEO's.

Check our website at: http://www.flfop40.org You can join us and participate with us even though your agency is stuck with the Teamsters for a while.

Check us out. You are welcome to visit us at our monthly meetings, too.

06-18-2013, 08:48 PM
In reference to the yearbooks. The Teamsters did not receive any money. The Only reason that the Teamsters were involved is that the Sheriff said he could not authorize the vendor but if the Union requested a yearbook he would make the space available for photos. Its a shame the company went out of business prior to finishing the book.

06-20-2013, 09:30 PM
Teamsters are still a pathetic joke. No raises, high dues, the list is endless.

10-30-2013, 04:11 AM
WELL, WTF ? QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT,LETS GET THE FOP IN HERE. THEY ARE A NATIONAL POLICE ORGANIZATION. THE TEAMSTERS ARE A MAFIA, JIMMY HOFFA ORGANIZATION, THATS ALWAYS BEEN ON THE TAKE, AND SCREWING PEOPLE FINANCIALLY. WAKE UP DEPUTIES :roll: GET THE FOP ON YOUR SIDE ! AND WHERE THE HELL IS JIMMY HOFFA AT ANYHOW :lol:

Unregistered
11-15-2015, 09:40 AM
PBA is broke and as dirty as the Teamsters. We need FOP or IUPA. Although FOP's legal protection is scary compared to IUPA. A lot of the officers at Daytona that didn't want to join PBA, signed up for IUPA's legal plan.

Unregistered
11-19-2015, 01:40 AM
When is someone going to get the Captain over Deltona under control. That fat slob has no clue

Unregistered
11-20-2015, 01:23 AM
PBA is broke and as dirty as the Teamsters. We need FOP or IUPA. Although FOP's legal protection is scary compared to IUPA. A lot of the officers at Daytona that didn't want to join PBA, signed up for IUPA's legal plan.

Sceamsters suck