PDA

View Full Version : Hiring experienced Officers

motorman148
01-20-2011, 03:49 PM
If anyone knows of experienced officers that may be looking for a change, let me know. Here are a few of our requirements:

1. Tobacco free for 12 months prior to employment
2. Must live within 25 miles of station upon hire date
3. Must have an Associate's degree or higher
4. All of FDLE's Minimum standards

If you are interested, contact the Recruiting Department at 407-877-4885.

01-29-2011, 04:16 AM
Winter Garden Police is better off hiring non-educated rookies who dont know any better and are followers, not leaders. Winter Garden needs officers who wont speak up and will just accept things how they are and "go with the flow." Any officer that does the complete opposite, who speaks up when something is wrong or challenges the screwed up system there will get terminated.

02-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Funny. This comment is probably coming from someone who did something wrong, got terminated and has a giant chip on their shoulder. Its not the department's fault you can not control yourself. Winter Garden has developed from a agency that was looked down upon to one of the leading agencies in Orange County. Just like ever agency out there, we have our issues, but disipline is not one of them, unless you are one of those guys that make your own rules and bring your old agency politics with you. We are a great "family" agency and Winter Garden is one of, if not the best cities to work for. I wish you luick in your life and career, even though you are not happy with our agency.

02-02-2011, 07:02 PM
The website says no positions. Have they been filled? What is the starting pay?

02-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Funny. This comment is probably coming from someone who did something wrong, got terminated and has a giant chip on their shoulder. Its not the department's fault you can not control yourself. Winter Garden has developed from a agency that was looked down upon to one of the leading agencies in Orange County. Just like ever agency out there, we have our issues, but disipline is not one of them, unless you are one of those guys that make your own rules and bring your old agency politics with you. We are a great "family" agency and Winter Garden is one of, if not the best cities to work for. I wish you luick in your life and career, even though you are not happy with our agency.

I am sure after JJ left that's when you guys most likely became one the leading agencies in the county. This guy comes to Clermont and made it worse then what it was before. Never seen an administrator that out right lies on his people because that do not kiss his ass! You guys stay safe!!!

02-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Very nice response "Positive Attitude 1" but I will save my reply once your department is done being investigated by the Department of Labor and I have a feeling I will be very happy with your department.

02-12-2011, 10:34 PM
No reply from Positive Attitude1 yet. Hmmm.....All those security checks are probably keeping him busy.

02-13-2011, 04:36 AM
From what I hear, Winter Garden is not too "military friendly" after they put one of their officers in an Internal Affairs Investigation for using military leave and then terminated the guy. Now he has them by the balls.

02-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Mr. Outspoken, I have not replied yet due to the fact that I have a job and have work to do. I am sorry that I do not stay online all day and stalk my previous employer. In reference to the comment about Winter Garden not being military friendly, you really need to due your homework before you start making statements like that. The I.A. is public record, take the time to go get iot and read it and then you will find the truth. Again this is just another one of those situations that an ex-employee makes stupid decisions and then wants to play the blame game. Again I am sorry you may have left on bad terms, but for everyone one else here, we are happy and wish you the best of luck. Have fun in the friendly skys.

02-14-2011, 07:48 PM
I have a job also, just less work for more pay. The IA is public record and if your departments is as all that you make it to be, I'm sure they will come out of the investigation by the Department of Labor just fine. I'm sure the city attorney only refused to represent them because of his work load and not the fact that your department had dug themselves so far in a hole that he didn't want anything to do with the case. I'm sure the lawyer they hired who just graduated law school and is the 2nd newest attorney in his firm out of 80 attorneys can save your department. Please speak for yourself when you say everyone is happy there. Now I have to get back to playing in my puddle, not the friendly skies.

02-17-2011, 02:01 AM
The website says no positions. Have they been filled? What is the starting pay?

Wow, the only post directed at the intent of this thread is ignored so you clowns can bicker.

Thanks - but no thanks anyway.

02-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Winter Garden is the last place you want to go. They brag about how their starting pay is the most but they have no step plan and you're stuck at that starting pay forever. And by the looks of what they put their officers through, is the starting pay really worth it? Come on over to County where you wont be stuck in patrol for the rest of your life and you will see what real law enforcement is about. We got room for you to Mr. Outspoken.

02-24-2011, 01:21 AM
Stop drinking the Kool Aid if you think the tiny lil' Winter Garden Police Department is the best agency in Orange County. Yeah, your so much better than Orange County S.O. or Orl PD...NOT. WGPD is a place for a rookie with no prior but hit Orange or Seminole County or Orlando or Tampa PD when you get a few years in at Winter Garden for more money, action,prestige and the ability to move around and work more than just patrol.

03-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Perfect Deputy and Guest, I am sorry you fill that way about Winter Garden. I think that we are one of, if not the best agecies in all of Florida. As far as a step program, we don't need it. How is the step program working out for OCSO? The last time I was talking to your Unioun Reps, I beleive they said it has been 3-4 years since their last raise. I just think that it is funny that if you are so happy with your organization that you have to go on other agencies blogs to bash them? It may be that the old saying is correct "Those that are not happy, can not be happy for the ones that are.".I don't beleive that I have made any negative comments about your agency, so why all the hostility? As far latteral movenment, there is plenty in this agency. I guess I am the type of person that doesnt like coming to work and disappearing. I enjoy the small family we have here and knowing your work ethic does not go unnoticed. Again I wish you the best and hope that you stay safe on a daily basis.

03-11-2011, 01:28 AM
As far as a step program, we don't need it.

Could you please expalin this comment to me. I'm thinking about applying to the WGPD, Ocoee, Orlando, Clermont and Winter Park. I'm just not understanding if there is more to the salary scale than the black and white I've read.

Thank You

03-14-2011, 01:28 AM
[quote="Positive Attitude 1":245az8pk]As far as a step program, we don't need it.

Could you please expalin this comment to me. I'm thinking about applying to the WGPD, Ocoee, Orlando, Clermont and Winter Park. I'm just not understanding if there is more to the salary scale than the black and white I've read.

Thank You[/quote:245az8pk]

A step program outlines what you will make each year. Normally an agency has a ten step program. What that means is you can see what you are going to make at year one, two three and so forth if you stay in the current position. The only advise that I could give you is do not pick an agency due to the salary. You really need to look at the whole picture before stepping up. Little things like college reimbersment is huge. Take Winter Garden, we do full reimbersment at the state rate through a Masters Degree, where county only gives you $1000 per year. That barely covers one semester. So really weigh your options.

03-16-2011, 01:58 AM
So whatever a new officer starts at WGPD is what he makes until the city council or chief or chooses to give you a raise? Does this mean you could be stuck at the same rate of pay for an indefinite amount of time especially due to the current economic climate? I do think the educational incentive is a bonus. Thanks for your time positive attitude, be safe.

03-16-2011, 07:54 PM
I'm glad that you were able to talk to our Union Reps about our last raise. Did you also discuss how to get a Union over there at Winter Garden to prevent your officers from getting screwed over b/c if you need any info on Unions I will be glad pass it along. I hear that kid that was terminated for taking military leave still has your department by the balls and yall are paying big bucks for a lawyer. No wonder you guys havent gotten a raise.

03-18-2011, 05:43 PM
I guess Winter Garden will be in the next news headlines.

http://www.hometownannapolis.com/news/f ... .html?ne=1 (http://www.hometownannapolis.com/news/for/2010/05/05-38/Judge-Former-officers-wrongful-termination-lawsuit-can-proceed.html?ne=1)

delta2711
09-30-2011, 01:47 PM
I can personally speak on this topic...FTO Officers there want to sleep under a tree while the rookie writes reports lol part of training I guess. Or maybe we can hang out behind the supermarket so they can have a smoke break and the public doesn't see them. They may also want to sit behind the only Motel in the City and text their wife and speak to them in baby talk...Great pay but unless you are willing to spend you entire career on Patrol find another agency.