PDA

View Full Version : gbpd officer arrested

01-06-2011, 09:11 PM
By Ihosvani Rodriguez, Sun Sentinel

3:46 p.m. EST, January 6, 2011
E-mail Print Share Text Size fl-golden-beach-arrest-20110106
A Golden Beach police official has been arrested on charges he committed fraud and grand theft that cost the luxury community thousands of dollars.

Officer Lyndean Peters, 45, of Fort Lauderdale, turned himself in Wednesday to the Miami-Dade County Jail. The former Golden Beach sergeant is charged with one count of organized scheme to defraud, one count of grand theft, one count of insurance fraud and 11 counts of official misconduct.

According to officials, the investigation of Peters began in 2009, when allegations surfaced that he had worked off-duty overtime details while on duty.

Peters also altered city reimbursement invoices, and failed to compensate the city for administrative costs relating to the number of off-duty hours that he worked, according to reports to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Miami-Dade Police Department.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stay on top of the news: Get breaking new alerts sent directly to your phone
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The city's total loss was $2,377.62.

The insurance fraud charge concerns Peters' statement to an insurance company about an on-duty automobile crash.

Peters said his K-9 partner was no longer fit for duty as a result of the crash. In fact, the animal had already been designated medically unfit before the accident, according to a news release Thursday from the FDLE.

In a statement released Thursday, Golden Beach Mayor Glenn Singer said Peters has been suspended without pay and benefits. He will remain off the force he joined in 2007 pending the outcome of the criminal case and an internal investigation by town officials, according to the mayor's statement.

Peters joined the department in 2007, and was a sergeant until Nov 2010 when he was reassigned to the K-9 patrol, Golden Beach Police officials said on Thursday.

State records show Peters was a Pembroke Pines Police officer in 1990, but left the department a year later under "unfavorable" reasons.

01-15-2011, 11:48 PM
HEY GOLDEN BEACH...GET YOUR MICKEY MOUSE PD GARBAGE OFF THE SIBPD PAGE. NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU AND ANY OF YOUR SO CALLED OFFICERS. WHEN EVER I GET UPSET WITH SUNNY ISLES, I LOOK AT YOU CHEESE ****S AND THANK GOD GREEN EARTH I DONT WORK THERE...WELL THEN AGAIN I'D WORK FOR WACKENHUT BEFORE I TELL PEOPLE IM A COP FROM GOLDEN BEACH. YOU ARE ALL AS USELESS AS A BAG OF HAMMERS IN RUBBER RAFT. SO PLEASE, ALL OF YOU JUST STOP..PLEASE. GO OFF TO SOME DARK CORNER OF THE TWO BLOCKS YOU CALL A TOWN..AND GO END IT!! STOP STEALING OXYGEN FROM THE REST OF US AND WAISTING OUR NATURAL RESOURCES.ALSO STOP RUNNING CODE CALLS THUROUGH OUR CITY. I WOULDNT LET ANY OF YOU GUARD A BOTTLE OF SUN TAN LOTION IN A SNOW STORM... PRETTY SOON THE SUNNY ISLES PUBLIC WORKS DEPT WILL BE ANSWERING THE CALL FOR YOUR RESIDENTS!

01-28-2011, 05:01 AM
"Better than you all" NOT...You obviously have not stopped to look in the mirror, Im sorry did you say you work for Sunny Isle, oh I guess this is a top agency?? As a neighboring agency it would seem you would want to be abreast of the illegal activities which surround your juridiction especially when it concerns a corrupt ex officer,I assure you the community and others do care, that is why it was published in the news and aired as NEWS As for the ethical Officers of Golden Beach I am sure they perform the EXACT same duties as you do, SERVE AND PROTECT the community. You to Mr.Rightous are a public servant. You do not control or own LEO Affairs and if other Officers want to voice their opinions, comments or information on Sunny Isles or any other agency blog that is what it is here for hence the title "LEO Affairs". Further more, if you have issues with GB or any other agency responding to any emergency call through The City of Sunny Isles (Which you DO NOT OWN) You may contact their Chief or Internal Affairs Department and file a complaint. Any Officer who insults other Officers as you did ( "YOU ARE ALL AS USELESS AS A BAG OF HAMMERS IN RUBBER RAFT. SO PLEASE, ALL OF YOU JUST STOP..PLEASE. GO OFF TO SOME DARK CORNER OF THE TWO BLOCKS YOU CALL A TOWN..AND GO END IT!! STOP STEALING OXYGEN FROM THE REST OF US ")Should not wear a badge. With all of the recent events which have occured and the show of Officers across the nation who stood together, I am dissappointed to find my neighboring agency employed an Officer such as yourself. [quote="BETTER THAN YOU ALL"]quote]

01-31-2011, 05:17 PM
For the love of God, just stop. We have fellow cops being killed left and right lately and this is the bs we're going back and forth about. Have a little respect for each other. If you're a cop, you are my brother/sister and I respect you and would do anything I could for you regardless of where you work.

03-01-2011, 05:23 AM
Blue Blood,

If you are from Golden Beach Police department, then you are useless and shouldn't be wearing a badge.

The majority of you are either cowards that don't stand up to the likes of you who are corrupt badge wearing felons or are felons that have not been caught/arrested yet.

You can deny any claims you want. But the truth is that the K-9 Sgt that was arested is a close friend of the Captain. The Captain is a close friend of the Town Manager. There are dots and they can be connected!!!!

The Trinity

04-19-2011, 11:55 AM
THANKS CHIEF SKINNER...WHAT A REPUTATION... YOU ARE AN EMBARRASSMENT

04-19-2011, 07:18 PM
yep and the saga continues... JB needs to return those radios he has from years back ! Once a liar always a liar!

04-24-2011, 08:33 PM
again.....keep your golden beach bs off our forum.....if we want to know about it we will go read yours.....if youre at all better than the crap on the bottom of my shoe you will keep your garbage out of our forum.

05-27-2011, 02:58 PM
again.....keep your golden beach bs off our forum.....if we want to know about it we will go read yours.....if youre at all better than the crap on the bottom of my shoe you will keep your garbage out of our forum.

Peters, shouldnt you be working to pay your crooked lawyer who's also facing fraud charges?

04-20-2013, 04:33 PM
I think all of you are fags so stop with the bull shit gods going to juge us all the same. an if you ware a bag act like it :D

05-06-2013, 02:20 AM
All I have to say is..start digging in the right places and maybe you will find some real stuff to talk about. I'm no detective.. But certain times sheets of certain "specialized" units would be a good place to start. Never throw stones in a glass time sheet

07-16-2013, 02:37 AM
All I have to say is..start digging in the right places and maybe you will find some real stuff to talk about. I'm no detective.. But certain times sheets of certain "specialized" units would be a good place to start. Never throw stones in a glass time sheet

You have my attention. I suspect I know who you're talking about. Tell me more. They are really trying to keep it under wraps. Guys a turd!

08-03-2013, 04:20 PM
ALL OF YOU ARE CHICKS...OBVIOUSELY NOT REAL COPS.... RALPHIE AND TAMMY ARE GOING AWAY FOR A LONG TIME....GOOD RIDDENCE....THE "CREAM" (TAMMY) ALWAYS RISES TO THE TOP (OF THE FEDERAL PENITENTIARY) :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: