PDA

View Full Version : President 0's Hawaiian

12-29-2010, 06:02 PM
I know you guys can't say too much on this site, you know Homeland Security ip addresses and all that. I think it really sucks that President 0 (that's zero not "o") decided to take a 2 week Hawaiian vacation during Christmas and New Years. This clown obviously has no concern for USSS agents his staff and their families to pull you all away from your own families at this very special time of the year. I mean it's one thing had he gone to a war zone to visit our troops, but to "live it up" in Hawaii is nothing short of disrespect for the people charged with his and his families safety. I was on the job for 30 years, you all do a hell of a job.
Thank you.

worfusa2008
01-03-2011, 01:41 AM
If my memory serves me correctly, it was President Reagan who started the tradition that the President would not leave Washington until the day after Christmas, even if he was only going to Camp David. This he did at the behest of his wife who wanted the detail agents to be able to spend Christmas with their families. Advance details for out of town visits after Christmas were strictly volunteer. I believe that Present Bush (41) carried on with this tradition, thanks to Mrs. Barbara Bush. I cannot remember if President Bush (43) carried on this tradition. Unfortunately, information filtering down from the present PPD detail is that it would appear that the present occupant of the White House could care less.

01-03-2011, 03:57 AM
Even with that policy, the advance agents had to be gone before Christmas.

Spiro Agnew made several overseas trips right after Christmas, but the timing was such that even the advance agents didn't have to leave town until the day after Christmas.

01-03-2011, 10:55 PM
I particularly remember one overseas advance trip for President Johnson - left prior to Christmas returned after New Years.

01-04-2011, 12:50 AM
Of course field agents weren't privy to staying at home and celebrating Christmas and New Year at home with their families. Most every year we had to be somewhere during the holidays doing preliminary advances in anticipation of the "Detail Advance Agent's" arrival. But, no one a rat's tail.