PDA

View Full Version : Agency needs assistance in developing bike patrol!

ahrc1
12-11-2010, 06:36 PM
My agency is smaller yet our community is growing ! We want to start a bike patrol however, as with anything in our line of work, funding and management is getting in the way or progress. Any of my LE brothers and sisters have advice on how we may get some bikes and/or equipment donated to us? My though is with a donation, the funding issue is no longer a problem, and when the higher ups see the impact, they'll be more inclined to jump on board to take the credit!

11-26-2011, 02:24 AM
My agency is smaller yet our community is growing ! We want to start a bike patrol however, as with anything in our line of work, funding and management is getting in the way or progress. Any of my LE brothers and sisters have advice on how we may get some bikes and/or equipment donated to us? My though is with a donation, the funding issue is no longer a problem, and when the higher ups see the impact, they'll be more inclined to jump on board to take the credit!

Total waste of man power allocation. In an emergency, your going to pedal the 10 miles to help an officer? Ride the bike to your car and then respond? Smaller Dept and you want to take officers and make them less effective ? Like I said, waste of manpower hours.

02-25-2012, 01:25 PM

How big is your department/jurisdiction?